Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Ode To Spot

lol, here you go!

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature,

an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?

Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses

contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,

a singular development of cat communications

that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection

for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;

you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.

And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion,

it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display

connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.

And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,

I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

Now why in the world would anyone think that one of us would know that?

*walks off, reciting it from memory*  ;)

"felis catus...." * notices thread* Yes I agree, why would anyone think that we would have the answer to that?......*continues reciting from memory as well*

Now why in the world would anyone think that one of us would know that?

*walks off, reciting it from memory*  ;)

"felis catus...." * notices thread* Yes I agree, why would anyone think that we would have the answer to that?......*continues reciting from memory as well*

Thanks Dsbs

and as for why I would ask you two.... ;)

Actually..ya know...I think I do know....I just never realised it....er..something ;)

:D No problem...I guess it is just because we usually post side by side by side by side, people can get all of us confused....or worried ;) !

What she means is, we usually attack as a group, (with me bringing up the rear) which is funny since we are rarely on at the sam time.

Ode to Spot - an absolutely brilliant poem. One of my favourites! I wish we could have heard all of the poem that was ahead of it. Brannon Braga wrote the teleplay for that episode. Brilliant poem, great overall episode.

What she means is, we usually attack as a group

I kept getting an image of the Hell's Grannies from Monty Python when I read that:

hellgr1.jpg

:wow:

which one is me?  :)

lol!

haha, you guys are cracking up! yeah I love that poem! Its soo funny! I don't really remember much about the episode though..the poem is the only part i remeber, Its so funny, and anything funny usually sticks in my mind

I know we had this long discusion once about which episode it was...I think we finally decided schisms right? Now I have to go watch it! cya in about an hour! :)

which is funny since we are rarely on at the sam time.

What about My Time??? :)

:wow: we are usually on at the harry time and occassionally at the tom time. We know stuff about Data but we never claimed we could type. :)

TNGtrekker is that one of the best things about these boards and TNG! We discuss an episode and it makes ya want to run and put a DVD in to watch. And then to see it again with fresh points of view in your mind, it's like watching it again for the first time. You get a better appreciate of episodes that you liked and an even greater appreciation for the one you loved.

which is funny since we are rarely on at the sam time.

What about My Time??? :)

:wow: we are usually on at the harry time and occassionally at the tom time. We know stuff about Data but we never claimed we could type. :)

TNGtrekker is that one of the best things about these boards and TNG! We discuss an episode and it makes ya want to run and put a DVD in to watch. And then to see it again with fresh points of view in your mind, it's like watching it again for the first time. You get a better appreciate of episodes that you liked and an even greater appreciation for the one you loved.

lol, yeah I know! I'm watching it right now! I love it!

I kept getting an image of the Hell's Grannies from Monty Python when I read that:

hellgr1.jpg

I am now officially scared of the soong sisters. theyareontome.gif

Oh I know ya luv us, besides you wouldn't say that if you knew who that was lying on the ground now would you!! :) :wow:

Ok, so i can't type. But i'm cute!  :(  :innocent:

As a friend of mine always tells me, "cute covers a mulltitude of sins". winker.giflaughing-smiley-002.gif

I stated this before, but this is one of my favorite poems in general (and is probably to many of you too). My all time favorite poem is “The Raven”. Talking about my favorite poem of all time . . . . . does any else has one? (or is it this one)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I stated this before, but this is one of my favorite poems in general (and is probably to many of you too). My all time favorite poem is “The Raven”. Talking about my favorite poem of all time . . . . . does any else has one? (or is it this one)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Poe rules!!!!!!!!11

Oh I know ya luv us, besides you wouldn't say that if you knew who that was lying on the ground now would you!! :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:

Hell's Grannies! I love that!!!

hellgr1.jpg

I'm surprised that didn't happen a loooonngg time ago :laugh:

My favourite poem? That;s difficult...I write a lot of poetry, but I don't read much. I really liked the Raven (a LOT) but I guess my favourite poem that I could think of right now would be Ode To Spot!! (Seriously, it's quite good!)

hellgr1.jpg

I'm surprised that didn't happen a loooonngg time ago :laugh:

My favourite poem? That;s difficult...I write a lot of poetry, but I don't read much. I really liked the Raven (a LOT) but I guess my favourite poem that I could think of right now would be Ode To Spot!! (Seriously, it's quite good!)

yeah, i think ode to spot is my favorite poem to, lol