Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

One thing I hate about...

One thing I hate about getting older (not that 35 is old) is that I can't eat as much as I could when I was in my teens and 20's.

As a teen it was normal for me to go to McDonalds and get 5 quarter pounders with cheese, a filet of fish, a large fry and a large coke and I'd eat it all in one setting. Or I might get 2 large Pizza's from Pizza Hut and eat almost all of both. Now I'm lucky to finish 1 double quarter pounder with cheese and if I eat half of 1 Pizza I'm stuffed.

I know the feeling, because I am 31 years old. I wish I could eat the same way I did when I was in my 20's.

Edited by Odie

Good lord Kevin, 5 quarter pounders?! :( I'm only 25 and I could never eat more then 1 of those things. Probably better that way, I'm a slow eater. No matter how tiny the meal I'm always the last to finish.

I'm actually with RC on this one, which is weird coming from a 19 year old guy. :( If I had 5 or 6 sandwiches in one sitting, I'd probably explode. I ate more 8 or 9 years ago (more than I do now, not anywhere near 5 burgers), but I think my stomach shrunk since then. :(

I can still pack it away, but now I look like I pack it away. Oh well.

What I hate about getting older are the people around my age (51) who assume that I'll start dying my hair, using "anti-ageing' products, and lying about my age.

That is never going to happen!

Good lord Kevin, 5 quarter pounders?! :) I'm only 25 and I could never eat more then 1 of those things. Probably better that way, I'm a slow eater. No matter how tiny the meal I'm always the last to finish.

Yeah, that was my standard meal back then. 6 sandwiches, fires and a soda.A Double Quarter pounder is about my max now though I like Double Whoppers better than McDonald's.

I rememberaround 1986 or 1987 my 9 or 10 year old niece decided to insist that should could eat just as much as I could. She even went so far as to bet me. So I drove her down to McDonalds, ordered 10 Quarter Pounders, 2 filet of fish, 2 Fries and 2 Cokes. She ate 1 Quarter Pounder and her fries and coke and couldn't go any further lol. Seems to me I wound up finishing hers too lol

No way I could do that now.

Good lord Kevin, 5 quarter pounders?! :) I'm only 25 and I could never eat more then 1 of those things. Probably better that way, I'm a slow eater. No matter how tiny the meal I'm always the last to finish.

Yeah, that was my standard meal back then. 6 sandwiches, fires and a soda.A Double Quarter pounder is about my max now though I like Double Whoppers better than McDonald's.

I rememberaround 1986 or 1987 my 9 or 10 year old niece decided to insist that should could eat just as much as I could. She even went so far as to bet me. So I drove her down to McDonalds, ordered 10 Quarter Pounders, 2 filet of fish, 2 Fries and 2 Cokes. She ate 1 Quarter Pounder and her fries and coke and couldn't go any further lol. Seems to me I wound up finishing hers too lol

Sheesh! You should enter one of those eating competitions!

Sheesh! You should enter one of those eating competitions!

That was when I was 15-19, can't do that now though

I eat more now that I am older I gained like 45 lbs now and weigh 183

I blame that on the Roids I gotta take now, which really sucks, good thing I dont take them everyday like I had to

but I always could eat alot but was so active I kept the weight off

I hate being fat now :)

One thing I hate about getting older (not that 35 is old) is that I can't eat as much as I could when I was in my teens and 20's.

As a teen it was normal for me to go to McDonalds and get 5 quarter pounders with cheese, a filet of fish, a large fry and a large coke and I'd eat it all in one setting. Or I might get 2 large Pizza's from Pizza Hut and eat almost all of both. Now I'm lucky to finish 1 double quarter pounder with cheese and if I eat half of 1 Pizza I'm stuffed.

Holy *poopie*, kevin! I know we went into basic training at about the same time, but you must have been a tub of lard when you went in.

Holy *poopie*, kevin! I know we went into basic training at about the same time, but you must have been a tub of lard when you went in.

You know, you don't have to have a smart or insulting comment on every thread. It is ok at times to post like a grown up.

No, I wasn't a "tub of lard" when I went in. I weighed 135 lbs. and gained about 10 lbs while I was in basic.

PDVD_428.JPG

PDVD_431.JPG

You know, you don't have to have a smart or insulting comment on every thread. It is ok at times to post like a grown up.

No, I wasn't a "tub of lard" when I went in. I weighed 135 lbs. and gained about 10 lbs while I was in basic.

PDVD_428.JPG

PDVD_431.JPG

I would say a Barret M95. .50cal would do the trick for wise guys!!

I never knew you had been in the army kevin :) ..you wouldnt look outta place in full metal jacket :RC:

That's about what I weighed when I was in basic.

So how did you keep the weight off from all those quarter pounders? And why only one fish? And how could you get all that down with only one Coke? It's not like they had the Super Size option back then.

I also hate not being able to sleep as long as I used to. Every once in a great while, I can still get a full 9.5 hours of sleep, but more and more, I find I can't get more than 7. And I still get cranky with only 7 hours of sleep.

I never knew you had been in the army kevin :RC: ..you wouldnt look outta place in full metal jacket :)

Yeah, I joined in the late 80's when I thought we were going to war with Nicaragua (1988) I did a couple years but got injured in training and retired on disability

Here's a pic of me and a couple of buddies the night they shipped out for the first Gulf War. I was retired within a week of this pic. One thing about it, once my Battalion shipped out for Saudi Arabia it left me as the ranking person left in Texas for the 57th Sig Bn so for a week I was a Battalion Commander lol.

kevin_hood2.jpg

kevin_hood.jpg

That's about what I weighed when I was in basic.

So how did you keep the weight off from all those quarter pounders? And why only one fish? And how could you get all that down with only one Coke? It's not like they had the Super Size option back then.

It was just my matabolism, me and my brothers could eat anything we wanted in as big a quantities as we wanted and we wouldn't gain weight. As for why only 1 fish, well after 5 quarter pounders don't tyou think 1 fish is enough lol and if you pace yourself and get no ice in the soda then 1 large coke (which is the same as a regular now) will last.

I don't remember if they had super sizing in the mid 80's or not though, 7-11 had the Super Big Gulp :)

I can't eat nearly what I used to.

I think that if I tried, it would kill me. :)

Five QPs w/cheese? Daaaaaaang, President Kevs...

One thing I hate about getting older is kinda in that vein...I can't drink as much as I used to. :laugh: