Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ 'HOPE' for the Future ~

Or are you pessimistic about everything? Is there always a little spark of hope somewhere inside you keeping you going? Hope for what, I don't know. Just that things will always somehow work out. :) I hope so. :)

Hmm. Good question. I have hope for the future that my children will rise up and become more than I have.

I have hope that my business will pick up and I won't have to worry about money so much.

I have hope mankind may someday be able to live at peace with one another.

(What is with all the psycho therapy questions today Jeanway? Just on a kick or what? :))

:laugh: Had a 'WILD' Mental day yesterday so today I'm going in the opposite direction. It's only natural. Your body tries to get back to a mid-point after to go to an extreme. It's called 'Homeostasis'. I'll be reflective and pensive today then tomorrow I might go the other way. :laugh: Tell everyone to go jump off a cliff or something. :) Blame it on Fenriz, he's quiet but he's insane. :) No offense Sweetie. I love that about you. 'Still waters run deep'. :laugh: And he's a virtual quagmire of lunacy, so am I. :) :laugh: Edited by Jeanway

A virtual quagmire of lunacy? You know that's the nicest compliment I've ever gotten from anyone. :lol: I have to admit it's true too. Thanks Sweetie. :hug:

Your Velcome :lol: Glad to see 'Merlin' is back. :hug: :wink2:

Edited by Jeanway

Despite the fact that I am a Christian, and thus believe that evil will be defeated and I will live eternally in paradise, I must say that I do often have very little hope. I find myself wondering that if I am just going to heaven anyway, what is the point of even being born in the first place? The time that the Earth will exist, and has existed, is so short compared to eternity. Why did God one day in the midst of eternity decide to make Earth? What is the real point to life? Eternity, to me, is a terrifying concept, though I am certain that I will spend it in heaven. What is the point of waking up each morning? Very little is stopping me from jumping off a cliff.

You know, Jeanway, I actually like all the psychiatric posts you make. I will not deny that I probably need a counselor and in the meantime, this helps. I can put my raw emotion into words, which always helps. Besides, none of you know me in person (expect for TSonofvulcan, who rarely comes here anymore), so I am more confident in expressing ideas without the tension of face-to-face. Familiarity scares me.

Everything you need to make yourself better is right inside you Valeris. You just haven't found it yet. But you will. I'm sure of it. I'm here if you need to talk. Maybe I can help you find the things that will make you happy. O.K.? :lol: There are alot of people here who are willing to listen too. Oh and Face to Face scares me too. :hug:

Thank you, Jeanway. I realize how lucky I am to have such good friends, although it saddens me that mostly the only people I can get close to are names and ideas on a screen. I am just on that horrible journey called puberty where everyone (I think...) wonders where their place in the universe is, and maybe, what is the point to life? And maybe, someday, the terrible, yearning emptiness will go away. Who knows what the future holds? In the meantime, I rely on my internet friends and especially on books. Getting lost in other peoples' emotional dilemmas is much better than real life. :lol:

What your going through most of us have gone through too. Look at all this questioning as you looking for answers, that's all. It just takes time. Maybe your a budding Scientist? Or a great Author in the making. Give yourself some time and all your questions will be answered. You may not like every answer but you learn to accept the things you can't change, then you move on, that's all. There are alot of things I've got answers to that I'm not happy about either. But you just keep going and try to find things that make you happy. Nobody likes to be unhappy Valeris but sometimes that's just the way it is. It's only temporary though. :lol:

Time. LOL; I am one of the most impatient people history has ever seen, especially when it comes to long-term waits. This is for reasons to complicated for me to get into right now, especially as the caffeine in my latte is wearing off. I knew I should have ordered a venti... LMAO. Acceptance is another thing I am bad at. But you in the worry thread are right- it is useless. Hope is important; one of my ultimate authorities, the Bible, says so itself. *puts on Avril Lavigne's CD Let Go* It is nice to have someone to share these internal questions with instead of going in endless circles in my mind, trying to get to sleep. Thanks. :lol:

I think Hope is like Faith. A little bit goes a long way. What is it said in the

Bible? It needs only to be the size of a Mustard Seed???? :b-day::b-day:

Edited by Jeanway

As for me, my hope for the future is what the Bible promises for the Earth and mankind.

267046[/snapback]

Well you also have the bad side of Revelation....