Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Treknology

From the other thread:

RikerChick: You know, the same people who stereotype us use an awful lot of the technology inspired by Star Trek.  1038006008.gif

ddillard: Palm Pilots are a good example. I read somewhere that the person that originally designed them had gotten the idea from the PADDS on Star Trek.

I wonder where the idea for cell phones came from. Hmmmm. 1042284708.gif

communicator_tos-1.jpgImage16.jpg

Sam The Smuggler: Let's see here...Automatic Doors in supermarkets

I just wish that they made that "Swoosh" sound from TOS :bow:

dsbs: I read on the bottom of the screen during one of those bonus treks that some guy said "they have doors that open when you walk at them, so do we. They have communicators, we have cell phones. When am I getting my phaser??"

Yillara_Soong: Yeah! I want to have a phaser!!

From the other thread:

RikerChick: You know, the same people who stereotype us use an awful lot of the technology inspired by Star Trek.  1038006008.gif

ddillard: Palm Pilots are a good example. I read somewhere that the person that originally designed them had gotten the idea from the PADDS on Star Trek.

I wonder where the idea for cell phones came from. Hmmmm. 1042284708.gif

communicator_tos-1.jpgImage16.jpg

Sam The Smuggler: Let's see here...Automatic Doors in supermarkets

I just wish that they made that "Swoosh" sound from TOS :D

dsbs: I read on the bottom of the screen during one of those bonus treks that some guy said "they have doors that open when you walk at them, so do we. They have communicators, we have cell phones. When am I getting my phaser??"

Yillara_Soong: Yeah! I want to have a phaser!!

lol, thanks Rikerchick! I was getting confused as to which thread I was on...

Individual readouts on hospital beds were inspired by the sickbay designs on Star Trek. :D

Oh cool! I didn't know that. :wow:

look at nasa, some of their engine and drive technology, or other ideas as well were derived from STAR TREK. its awsome that some sci-fi fantasy show, turned out sooo much of our technology, and ideas for it. for those like my wife who hate startrek, well thank startrek for some of what you have today that you cant live without. lol

as i recall the first shuttle was christined enterprise by a mass movement of the fans.... maybe we could have the international space station redesignated DS9

as i recall the first shuttle was christined enterprise by a mass movement of the fans.... maybe we could have the international space station redesignated DS9

LOL! :D

That would be neat! :wow:

Individual readouts on hospital beds were inspired by the sickbay designs on Star Trek. :D

Oh cool! I didn't know that. :wow:

I thought it was neat, but I can't remember where I heard it from...

the would be really cool... lol :D

petition petition

petition

petition

petition

petitionvpetition

petition

petition

petition

petition petition

petition

petition

petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition petition

last year some scientists managed to transport (a laser beam i think it was) a few metres.

also i have read that nanites are becoming a reality

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

One of the problems when creating Enterprise was that it was supposed to be a prequal for TOS. wekll, look at the communicators in TOS. they are fairly small, so one would assume that the prequal communicators would be larger, right? well, my Cell Phone is about the same length as a TOS communicator, and is alot thinner. the problem was that we already have technology that looks way more advanced than what we saw on TOS. on TOS, they didn't even have touch screens, now you go to McDonalds or to an ATM and there are touch screens!

i forgot where but I found the equations for the transporters somewhere!!!!! I know its exciting!!!!!!!!

ok there is this thing called a "electro-magnetic phased pulse weapon"

it is basicaly a long range taser it ionizes a stream of air between a person and the weapon cause a certain voltage of shock ;)

AWSOME HUH? :bow: want one ;)