Sign in to follow this  
Odo

how can we thank them who gave all?

but to say you are with God.

And to THANK The Familys

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I haven't had a day since that day, three years ago when terrorism was heralded into this great country of ours. I look up at the September sky now, remembering how blue it was that morning. And how clear it was. I can't look at clouds now without thinking about those clouds of smoke that rose that day. Or hear a jet going overhead with thinking of that day. I look at people with suspicion now that I never had before that day. I will NOT consider flying again since that day. Or going to a crowded event since that day. I've even heard of parents who had babies born on that day change their birth dates on the birth certificate. I live each day now as if it were my last. Things certainly did change on that day. :wacko:

Edited by Jeanway

9/11 is still a painful day for me. I still remember it as it was still yesturday. There are some say let it heal, but it hurts. It doesn't hurt the same way when it happen, the pain is still there.

Edited by Odie

I refuse to let the terrorists define my life, beyond taking reasonable precautions. Because the whole point of terror is inflicting fear. Fear that it is going to get you next time. It is an attempt to rob you of your peace of mind. I refuse to let them have my peace.

Death or injury could occur at anytime anywhere. It could before 9/11. It could after 9/11.

Terrorists sit around thinking how to harm the most people in the most hideous fear-generating manner. If they ever get their hands on a wepon of mass destruction, they will kill hundreds of thousands of people, and call it a good thing. It won't matter if you are in a crowd or in your home if they let loose poison gas or a virus.

I do not live worrying about what they will do next. I do not let their foul deeds paralyze me.

I flew as soon as I could after 9/11, despite the fact I was offended by the security checkpoints, especially in Indiananpolis. I refuse to stop flying because then the terrorists will have successfully disrupted the airline industry. Also other travel - related industries are affected, and jobs are lost, if I stop travelling because I am afraid.

My best way of remembering and honoring those that were lost that day is to keep living and working, believing in a good future. I teach young people because I believe in our future.

I don't let the worst things that men do define how I perceive the world.

When I see a beautiful clear day , I thank God.

Do suddenly we stop our child going to school for fear of terrorist atrocities like those in Russia?

Do suddenly we work from home for fear of a similar event of 9/11?

Do suddenly we stop taking public transport for fear of an attrocity as the one that happened in Japan several years before 9/11?

NO

NEVER

I have lived my entire life under the fear of terrorism. Look up the attrocities of the IRA, Britain is well familiar with this awful reality. And did that once mar the joyousness of living for any of us, especially in London? NO, NEVER. A sucssessful terrorist is not one that has carried out many deaths, but one that has hindered out lives and stopped us from attaining what we want from life.

We honour our honourable dead by living as they should have and have been denied by cruelest fate imaginable. We honour our honourable dead by LIVING as NORMAL as we can, we honour them by carrying their virtues and by carrying their families when they feel they can not make the journey.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

I agree with UA. We must carry on with our lives, we must not live in fear of terrorists. if we do, then they have won. Terrorists aim to strip the free world of the lives we have, and replace them with fear, and oppression. we, the people of the free world, must show to them that our will to live as free people is greater than their will to oppress us. Continue going to work. Continue flying. continue on with LIFE, it is the ONLY way we can truely honor the men and women who sacrificed their lives three years ago on this day.

While I can understand their motives, and sympathise with some of their political ambitions, I agree with everyone here that no one should allow their lives to be changed by acts of terrorism. Doing so would only increase further acts of violence against innocents of all nationalities and backgrounds.

Most of the people on 9-11-01 didn't give their lives. Their lives were taken. There were murdered by people whose ultimate goal is to eliminate freedom from the world. As others have stated, if we voluntarily give up our freedom then they have won.

If we want to honor the memory of patriots (from 9-11-01 or any other day) the best thing we can do is live to support freedom.

I hate the people who did that with a passion because they are murderers! When I saw the towers fall I felt a part of myself die and go cold. I don't let them scare me. I live like it is the last say of my life and I live life to the fullest. But they still hurt me because I don't show my emotion for fear of another breakdown.

God Bless America

While the storm clouds gather,

Far across the sea,

Let us swear allegiance

To a land that's free.

Let us all be greatful

For a land so fair.

As we raise our voices

In a solemn prayer.

God Bless America,

Land that I love.

Stand beside Her and guide her

Through the night with a light from above.

From the mountains,

To the praries, to the oceans,

White with foam.

God bless America,

My home, sweet home.

God Bless America,

My home, sweet home.

Ya know, I sent my brother an E-mail the day before the anniversary, he said they observed it over there. to him, it's very personal. it is to me, too. He was at the Pentagon that day. the terrorists tried to kill him. he feels that he fulfills an obligation to the men and women who died that day by being on the front lines. I respect that about him a great deal. I live my life as I always have, and I won't let a few radical terrorists disrupt that.