Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

My new Toy

I'm just celebrating my new toy.

In preparation for the upcoming NFL season (and Enterprise) I went out and got a DVR (with TiVo) for my DirecTV.

rca_dvr39.jpg

The DVR was $99 at Best Buy but I had some coupons with me (2 for 10% off and 1 for 5% off). None of them were for what I was buying but I figured I'd give them to the cashier anyway. She looked at the coupons, smiled and giggled a little and rang everything up. What she did was combina all 3 coupons into 1 for 25% off of everything I bought (the DVR a mouse/keyboard combo and a 17" monitor). So the DVR only cost me $75, the Keyboard/Mouse only cost about $60 and the Monitor was only $75 lol.

If only I was about 18 years younger I'd have had a phone number too... :b-day:

Anyway, I'm real happy with the DVR so I'll do my happy dance...

dance.gif

If only I was about 18 years younger I'd have had a phone number too...  :b-day:

260833[/snapback]

:b-day::b-day:

I don't know what the heck it is, but I'm totally happy for you. :b-day: Now if only you could put a cowboy hat on that baby.

If only I was about 18 years younger I'd have had a phone number too...  :b-day:

260833[/snapback]

:b-day::b-day:

I don't know what the heck it is, but I'm totally happy for you. :b-day: Now if only you could put a cowboy hat on that baby.

260834[/snapback]

LOL maybe one sleepless night I'll put the hat on it.

The DVR is a Digital Video Recorder. It records TV Shows onto a built in hard drive (I have a 40gb hard drive in mine). I also subscribed to TiVo so I can set the box to record all of the episodes of Enterprise or all of my Eagles games and it will. Then I can later come and extract those shows to record onto DVD.

Also, while I'm watching a game or a show if I miss what just happened ot what was just said I can rewind it and see what happened then go back to Live TV. Or if I'm watching a football game and have to go to the bathroom or want to go to the kitchen I can pause the game, even though it's live and then when I get back I can unpause it and not miss anything.

There's a lot more to it but those are the basics. I'm real happy with it so far.

dance.gif

260833[/snapback]

LOL i would have got the phone number anyway :b-day:

Btw cool DVR they have them here in holland only they cost a bit more money then what you payed i belive the cheapist starts at about 150 bucks :b-day:

260916[/snapback]

LOL Well the police tend not to smile on those things here if the guy is over 18 and the girl is under 18. lol

260916[/snapback]

LOL Well the police tend not to smile on those things here if the guy is over 18 and the girl is under 18. lol

260922[/snapback]

:b-day: Aha yes that does change the situation i dont think getting problems from the police is worth a phone number :b-day:

That's great VBG! One thing though; are any machines available in your area without the need to subscribe to a service? Would you have preferred not needing to subscribe to TIVO to get the DVR machine or was that what you were looking for?

I want the Digital Video Recorder but NOT the need to subscribe. I've seen subscription free DVRs at the electronic stores out here but they're still pretty pricy.

That's great VBG! One thing though; are any machines available in your area without the need to subscribe to a service? Would you have preferred not needing to subscribe to TIVO to get the DVR machine or was that what you were looking for?

I want the Digital Video Recorder but NOT the need to subscribe. I've seen subscription free DVRs at the electronic stores out here but they're still pretty pricy.

261139[/snapback]

I didn't have to subscribe, I did only because it was only $4.99 a month and I intend on getting season passes (I think that's what it's called) to several things. I might be wrong, but you should look into the RCA DVR like I got, I think it works with regular cable or even over the air TV as far as the recording part goes.

FOr me though, since I just started working my new job I decided to just get the whole package (DVR with TiVo). I also figure that by smiling at the cashier it saved me $25 which is almost a half a year's subscription for the TiVo lol :huh: