Does anyone remember this tv show or the movie on which it was based "Clarence the cross eyed lion". Actually that movie is on right now on one of the classics stations but I thought about this show a couple of weeks ago.

With all the remaking of tv shows into movies or even remaking tv series I think it would be great to do a modern version of this. Of course, like all things, it would be darker because animal preserves have to face small armies in trying to protect wildlife.

Still, how long has it been since there was a tv series based on people working on a wildlife preserve or animal hospital on television (in the short lived series Second Noah - the wife as a vet at Busch gardens - which may explain why it was cancelled - ABC was bought by Disney)

I will say I was a child when this show came on but that still shows how old I am. ^_^

I remember Daktari well. We watched it every time it was on ... what a great show. Certainly there are many television shows that were popular back during the 70s that could be "redone" and modernized. It would make for some great family t.v. (you know, something besides "Fear Factor").

We used to watch The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons and The Carroll Burnett Show. Those really were the days.

All great shows Gul. I remember watching them all..Daktari too..I thought it was a great show..A remake could be fantastic..