Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Patrick Stewart Has Heart Procedure

I have just read this in Yahoo News.:ooh2: :ooh4:

Actor Patrick Stewart Has Heart Procedure

Friday August 27 2:59 PM ET

"X-Men" star Patrick Stewart is recovering at home after undergoing an angioplasty procedure earlier this week to widen an artery, his publicist said Friday.

Angioplasty involves the use of catheters to place a small balloon in a narrowed blood channel. When the balloon is inflated, the artery flows more freely.

The 64-year-old Stewart who played Professor Xavier in "X-Men" and its sequel, and Captain Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" went in for an annual physical on Monday, according to his publicist, Kelly Bush.

Doctors detected a blood-flow problem and recommended "pre-emptive angioplasty" to head off any future ailments.

Bush described the procedure as a success and said he is resting before returning to work next week, where he plans to finish the upcoming movie "The Game of Their Lives." He will also start voice over work on the Fox TV animated series "American Dad."

However, Stewart's recovery will force him to miss a planned personal appearance on Saturday in Toronto, where he was set to visit a Canadian sci-fi festival.

Yes, but he isn't Picard and his heart cannot just be replaced. :innocent:

I'm glad they caught the problem early - yet I'm still worried about him, of course. :laugh:;)

We'll just have to keep him in our prayers. I do hope one day the artificial heart will be a reality.

I hope he recovers quikly, he is a good actor and a man with a great charisma :innocent:

You're in my prayers Captain. Recover quickly!