Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Headaches ~

I used to get what were diagnosed as 'Migranes'. But I don't get them so much anymore. I found out there are alot of different kinds of headaches though. There are 'stress' headaches or 'tension' headaches, 'sinus' headaches and alot of different other kinds. What do you do for your headaches? Sometimes cold helps them but sometimes makes them worse. Do you get special prescription medications that help you?

I have serious allergies. So at times I do get some painful sinus headaches. I already take allergy shots, and have a prescription that helps. But, in addition what also helps are sinus massages, and washing out my sinuses with a salt water.

Hi GAB, long time no see. :unsure: EEWWW! And how exactly do you wash out your sinuses with salt water??? That's gotta hurt. :bow: I know if I get any water up my nose, it hurts. Are you talking about when you have fits of sneezing and then you get a headache?? I get that too. :bow:

No it really doesn't hurt, there is a sinus/nasal washer that you can purchase from some drug stores. Directions come with it to show you how to use it. My allergist gave me the salt water recipe. It's a bit uncomfortable at first. but it clears out "stuff" in your sinuses you can't reach otherwise. It should be helpful to anyone with allergy issues. :unsure:

Hi GAB, long time no see. :bow: EEWWW! And how exactly do you wash out your sinuses with salt water??? That's gotta hurt. :bow: I know if I get any water up my nose, it hurts. Are you talking about when you have fits of sneezing and then you get a headache?? I get that too. :bow:

256636[/snapback]

Edited by Gotabite

I used to get frequent migraines. About 2 to 3 a week. It got to a point where I had to take medication for it. As I grow order the migraines have lesson to point where they have become infrequent to 2 to 3 a month. Mostly I get them because serve weather change, alcohol, or eat food with MSG. I no longer have to take the medication, because mortin for the pain.

I also have sinus problem. During the spring and fall is my allergy season. I get very painful sinus headaches. Sometimes they are more painful than a migraine.

I get migranes, they run in my family. Ihave been told they also will come on when my blood pressure rises. I've had such bad ones that I have thrown up and passed out before. I had one early Wed. morning that lasted until Thursday afternoon, it kept me home from work it was so bad. I was dizzy and could not do anything but moan in severe pain!

I'll say what my smart ellic kids say when I lose something "where was the last time you saw it?" Arn't kids so helpful..Hehe..

I get pretty rapid affecting migraines and have found that 400mgs of Ibuprofen, menthol applicated to the forehead and temples and a cold compress, silence and a dark room lift it to bearable after 5 hours, my last one had me screaming, I was too far beyond cryig.

Sure hope its misplaced, not lost.

OH MY, now I've really got a headache, I lost my wallet. :)  :unsure:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

256670[/snapback]

Still searchin folks :P No luck :unsure: Oh well, of course it's a Friday so I have to wait til Monday to do anything about replacing stuff. Isn't that ALWAYS the way it goes? :bow: I bet some Klingon snuck in here and stole it, or some Ferengi :bow: :) :P :bow:

Angel, I've had migranes like that oo. I finally resorted to drastic measures and took a HOT shower :lol: Yep, it really helped. I found putting COLD on it made it worse. I actually would sleep with a heating pad on my head and that helped too.

My condolences to you on the loss of your wallet Jeanway. I know the name of that tune, :bow: Saddest part is you can can be sure some butthole found and raped it of anything useful to him/her then just threw it away without regard for what that action is going to put you through. But just in case, you can contact the lost and found dept. of your local Post Office on the odd chance someone with half an once of caring dropped it in a mailbox (fat chance) :unsure:

Here's a couple of numbers (you only need to file your claim at one of them) for protecting yourself from identity theft which may impact your credit.

Equifax - 1-800-525-6285

or

Experian - 1-800-397-3742

Thanks AE, I will do that. Oh and one other thing, The beast that was living in my car is back. :bow: I got pelted today with a shower of seat stuffing and more bits of black foam, AGAIN when I turned on the AC. :unsure: More headaches :bow:

Edited by Jeanway

I get really bad migraines (like last night). My mom has always had them too. I've never passed out from them but I get nauseous and it feels like your eyes are going to explode. I tried to explain it to Robert as the feeling like somebody stuck a large knife in your head and they keep twisting the handle.

Sorry RC. I can sympathize with anyone who gets them. I think that hormones play a large part in when you get them, understand??? I just jump in the long, hot shower now when I feel one starting. I'd say it reduces it severity and duration by 50%. I don't know why this works for me, it just does. Have you tried the new medications from the doctor? I never did. They scared me. Dilation of the blood vessels in your head is what causes the pain so something like "Imitrex" constricts them causing the pain to go away. But my concern is if it does that, what other blood vessels get constricted with them?? I mean if you constrict the blood vessels around your heart, you have a heart attack. See what I mean?

Sometimes it's your neck, Fen. Anyone else got any remedies for neck related headaches? I told fen to do some stretching and rotating his head. How you doin Fen, is it any better? :unsure: