Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

[S]"flaws/paradoxs of "Regeneration"

although this is a bad map this is the only one i could find...(ive seen some better ones in the voyager compendium, but the point is one needs to pass throught the beta quadrant to go from alpha to delta because of the galactic barrier is in the way

milky way galaxy - STrek

although this is a bad map this is the only one i could find...(ive seen some better ones in the voyager compendium, but the point is one needs to pass throught the beta quadrant to go from alpha to delta because of the galactic barrier is in the way

milky way galaxy - STrek

You don't have to go through the Beta Quadrant to get to the Delta Quadrant. There is a point at the centre of the map where all four quadrants meet. To go to the Delta Quadrant via the Beta Quadrant would be like driving from LA to Vegas via Phoenix.

Actually, if you're in the Alpha Quadrant you'd have to fly through either the Gamma or Beta Quadrant to reach the Delta Quadrant because the Great Barrier blocks fight from the center of the galaxy.

Also, I am aware that I described a paradox, which is exactly what this. THe borg are predestined to travel back and contact themselves to assimilate earth.

I only have one opinion on this topic. I agree with Alterego. It is entertainment. And Enterprise is happening after ST:FC in the timeline. So if the events of ST:FC did change the original timeline, it does not matter, because that timeline no longer exists, and the events that we have seen in the other series are a result of the currrent timeline and its events.

The Borg were forshadowed in the final first season TNG episode the Neutral Zone.Starfleet never had a direct encounter with them(save Regeneration) until the second Season episode Q-Who.So doesnt the Hansens knowledge/tracking of the Borg(by name) in the 2350's? contradict that fact as well?Of course there is another related consideration-why didnt the El-Aurian refugess that made it as far as the Sol System (ie Generations)tell Starfleet what had destroyed their homeworld?

The Borg were forshadowed in the final first season TNG episode the Neutral Zone.Starfleet never had a direct encounter with them(save Regeneration) until the second Season episode Q-Who.So doesnt the Hansens knowledge/tracking of the Borg(by name) in the 2350's? contradict that fact as well?Of course there is another related consideration-why didnt the El-Aurian refugess that made it as far as the Sol System (ie Generations)tell Starfleet what had destroyed  their homeworld?

I do not believe the Hansens had helpt from Starfleet. They were a pair of scientists, with their daughter, investigating a cybornetic species based on rumor and hear-say. Some of that rumor could have been "Regeneration" and some could have been the El-Aurrian's homeworld destruction, and so forth.

Eh, I'm a fan of time travel stories, so when I see a paradox...  I just gotta try and solve it! :bow:

For your own sake I pray that you have never seen the Terminator movies...

I was looking at the map of the Galaxy and it got me thinking about a lot of things. Based on this map if it takes Voyager 75 some years to get from where they were in the Detla Quadrent to Federation space then it would have taken the Enterprise A almost 35 years or so to reach the great barier in ST V would it not? The scale on this map just doesn't seem big enough at all.

On another note closer to the topic of this episode... I think this was one of the best Enterprise episodes yet and I don't see that it really created a time paredox, at least not any more so then FC already had. Paredox is simply part of time travel. The only way to explain it is to believe in fate. If you believe that time is another demision as it is explianed in The Time Machine (the original at least, I never saw the new one) then all things have already happened. As you live your life from day to day you see things happening as if they are new but to the future they are merly history.

once and for all, we have had several opportunities to see any kind of flub in the timeline after FIRST CONTAC, after all they've had two more movies, and finished out the series of DS9 and VOYAGER, we saw nothing of a paradox. there had been no new thing since regeneration aired a few days ago, to show otherwise, no movie or new episode of something other than enterprise, so how can you say its all changed without new evidence to back it up. we are to assume somehow it all works out, after all it is just a show, however great startrek is, so as such it is for entertainment. oh yeah isnt this also the same franchise that brought spock back to life as an adult in the next movie, so they can do anything they want, including telling us it all works out just like it was. as far as the message goes, come on now, it wasnt definate that it got out enough to even make it there, and if it did it probably would be so garbled and such that it wouldnt make a difference, so let the timeline lye.