Sign in to follow this  
master_q

ENT Pre-Season III NEWS

Stardate:213556.9

The sooner the better eh.

They are getting rid of the Twillight Zone!Darn I liked that show.It wasnt as good as the original but it was still pretty good.

More ENT News . . .

Enterprise was one of the hot topics at UPN's portion of the Television Critics Association press tour yesterday, with reporters asking questions about the show's ratings decline last season.

CBS chairman Les Moonves, who also oversees UPN, was asked whether he had contemplated cancelling the fifth Trek series at the end of its second season, according to a report by Michael Ausiello at TV Guide. "I don't think we were close to it," he said, "[but] everything is talked about."

Later in the day UPN unveiled its Enterprise panel, consisting of executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, as well as actors Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer), Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) and Connor Trinneer ('Trip' Tucker). The topic of the show's ailing ratings came up once again. "I don't think creatively we were doing anything wrong," Braga said.

This season, with the new alien threat, the Xindi, coming to the forefront, Enterprise will be "more action oriented, faster-paced", Braga told the gathered media. Sexier too, according to fellow executive producer Rick Berman. "T'Pol is going to start experimenting with her emotions. It's going to provide us with some fun and possibly sexy stuff," he said.

Read more about UPN at the Television Critics Association press tour at TV Guide.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/230703_03.shtml

Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) Tuesday said the changes to Enterprise this year will not be skin deep.

Speaking to the Sci-Fi Wire at the Television Critics Association press tour, Bakula praised executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga's efforts in retooling the series. "What you see are guys that have spent the entire hiatus trying to position the show and new scripts and new ideas, and they're rethinking everything," he said. "I'm saying to them every day, 'Think out of the box'."

Bakula's own wish for Captain Archer to toughen up in season three (story) seems to have been granted. "The idea of being the peaceful 'We-come-in-friendship' [guy]...that guy is gone," the actor said.

But Archer isn't the only character who will be changed by the Xindi's sudden attack on Earth. Commander 'Trip' Tucker, whose sister was killed in the attack, will look to Vulcan Sub-commander T'Pol for solace as he tries to deal with her death. "He may find himself more intimately involved with her than ever before," the Sci-Fi Wire said.

All this talk about the Xindi doesn't mean one of Enterprise's original storylines, the Temporal Cold War, has been forgotten. According to the report, the temporal hijinks will "become an integral part of the Xindi arc later in the season".

Further comments from the Television Critics Association press tour are available at the Sci-Fi Wire.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/240703_01.shtml

How do you feel about the upcoming Season three?

Are these changes in characters like Archer a good thing?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Yeah MQ I think the time has come for Archer to get serious; I am more excited for the new season every day.

Sexier too, according to fellow executive producer Rick Berman. "T'Pol is going to start experimenting with her emotions. It's going to provide us with some fun and possibly sexy stuff," he said.

I wonder if the above is related to the following...

But Archer isn't the only character who will be changed by the Xindi's sudden attack on Earth. Commander 'Trip' Tucker, whose sister was killed in the attack, will look to Vulcan Sub-commander T'Pol for solace as he tries to deal with her death. "He may find himself more intimately involved with her than ever before," the Sci-Fi Wire said.

I think many have said the above would make them happy so that makes me happy to. And lastly this...

All this talk about the Xindi doesn't mean one of Enterprise's original storylines, the Temporal Cold War, has been forgotten. According to the report, the temporal hijinks will "become an integral part of the Xindi arc later in the season".

:( ...is great news for me. I really enjoy the TCW and I am happy it did not get swept under the rug, that proves to me it is vital for connecting the dots later on, a plan for TCW is in place and they are sticking to it.

I too am now looking forward even more to next seasons Enterprise. I already thought it was a great show but it seems its only going to get better!

Season’s Three Master Plan & More

Enterprise creators Rick Berman and Brannon Braga this week told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour that they have the show's third season all mapped out.

"We kind of have a master plan — it's the first time we've ever really known where a season was going," Braga said, according to a report at StarTrek.com. "This is not just going to be a season of battling with these aliens trying to destroy Earth. There are going to be twists and turns and attempts at peace and all the kinds of things that we think Star Trek viewers expect."

Enterprise set course on its new direction in season two's finale, "The Expanse", when a mysterious alien race known as the Xindi attacked Earth, killing millions. Season three will see the NX-01 enter a region known as the Delphic Expanse to track down the aggressors. "It's a very, very complex story we're going to be laying out that may very well last the entire season," Berman said.

The actors present at the press conference said they felt reenergised by the new story arc. "I feel like I'm being asked to be rebirthed," said Connor Trinneer (Charles 'Trip' Tucker), whose character lost his sister in the Xindi attack and will have to face his grief head-on next season in the search for the aliens. Meanwhile, Jolene Blalock said T'Pol's Vulcan logic will have "another dynamic, just because she's no longer back by the High Command".

Scott Bakula's Jonathan Archer will have "a drive underneath him" as he leads the crew on their mission. "Some of the things I've done in the first three episodes [this season] have shocked the other people on the ship, and I think that's all good," he said.

Further comments from all parties can be found in the original report at StarTrek.com.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/260703_02.shtml

Malcolm Reed probably won't be too happy to see the MACOs on Enterprise next season, but don't expect the always-professional armoury officer to let it affect his work.

Speaking with StarTrek.com during UPN's Television Critics Association party, actor Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) jokingly referred to the new arrivals as "the younger, virile MACOs!".

"I don't want to paint myself into a corner too much early on about what Malcolm's reaction to them is, but don't get me wrong — there is some frisson there, there is a little tension," he said. "There's a good scene between me and Steven Culp, who plays Major Hayes. My instinct as an actor was to play it a bit rudely, but [director] Allan [Kroeker] came over and said, 'You know what? Don't give too many of your cards away just yet — there's a way to go with this'."

Keating's personal take on the situation is that the security officer isn't "particularly happy" with the additional military presence, who were brought aboard the NX-01 to help combat the Xindi threat. "His ego is allowing him to think that he's been passed over. But I think professionally he understands that they need to be there."

But could the stiff-upper-lipped Brit's heart be melted by one of these MACOs — perhaps a certain female officer by the name of McKenzie? Although an audition scene for "Anomaly" featuring Reed and McKenzie "had definite sexual tension", it was dropped in a later draft. But that doesn't mean Malcolm won't be seeing any action this season.

"There might be some mileage in Reed getting a love interest this year," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if that happens."

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/260703_01.shtml

Master Q

Hell yeah!!! Hopefully Archer will finally become the model captain for the others down the line, heck the producers have been saying that since the beginning and he hasn´t really seemed up to the task yet. He´s been way to "green." Its time for some SERIOUS character development. THREE CHEERS!!!

I am definitely looking forward to season 3! Sept. 10th can't get here soon enough!

I'm glad they're keeping the TCW going. They have to. Future Guy is the one who put them on the track of the Xindi!

I'm glad they are toughening up Archer. He's been just a little too nice, and trusting. Let's get rid of some (not all) of the boy scout and put some starch in his shorts!

We'll I'm glad Archer is going to get tougher - its needed and some of the changes seem like it will be a great show but then I already liked ENT. However, I have to say the T'Pol - Trip thing will probably drive me away.

I just never could got the Vulcan as the sex-toy; Vulcans are logical - they should have chosen another race. So they have to destroy her Vulcanness in order to pursue the sex-toy image.

Thanks Master Q.

I enjoy reading everything I can about season 3.

I am looking forward to and counting down the days to Sept. 10th!

Thanks Master Q.

I enjoy reading everything I can about season 3.

I am looking forward to and counting down the days to Sept. 10th!

Agreed! Thank you MQ, King of Trek News at STFN! :biggrin:

There's a new intensity on the set of Enterprise in the third season as the new direction of the show puts the characters into their most serious situations yet, creating new tensions among them and possibly even some romance, according to actors interviewed Tuesday night in Hollywood.

Following the press conference held that afternoon by the show's executive producers and three lead actors (related story), the rest of the cast partook in a party thrown by UPN for the Television Critics Association (TCA), which allowed press access to the stars of the network's shows. Attending from Enterprise were Jolene Blalock ("T'Pol") , Connor Trinneer ("Trip Tucker") , Dominic Keating ("Malcolm Reed") , Anthony Montgomery ("Travis Mayweather") , John Billingsley ("Dr. Phlox") , and Linda Park ("Hoshi Sato") . Amidst the noise of the party and hordes of reporters vying for their attention, we managed to catch up with some of our Trek actors during the course of the evening.

Keating was enthusiastic about the new season of Enterprise, and a bit amused that he was just about the only character who didn't get any kind of "new look" this year. "I felt left out! Connor got new hair, Jolene got new hair, Hoshi got new hair... Connor was apparently jealous of my hair — he felt that I had cool hair and he had very boring hair. So his is slightly up a bit." Who knew "button-down, boring ol' Reed" would be the fashion standard-bearer of the show?

On a more substantial note, Keating's character is going to have an interesting time dealing with the presence of the new soldiers on board Enterprise, known as the MACOs (Military Assault Command Operations). "Ah, yes — the younger, virile MACOs!" he smirked in that very genuine British accent. "I don't want to paint myself into a corner too much early on about what Malcolm's reaction to them is, but don't get me wrong — there is some frisson there, there is a little tension. There's a good scene between me and Steven Culp, who plays Major Hayes. My instinct as an actor was to play it a bit rudely, but Allan (Kroeker, director of the season premiere 'The Xindi') came over and said, 'You know what? Don't give too many of your cards away just yet — there's a ways to go with this.' I don't think Malcolm's particularly happy in some respects — his ego is allowing him to think that he's been passed over. But I think professionally he understands that they need to be there."

He continued, "Even though they have the training, it has only been in simulated conditions on a Jupiter moon. They have not actually been in the field, and we have had two and a bit years in the field, baby, and there's nothing that can replace that! So I'm playing it with a slight quizzical look in the eye — 'You better be up to it. You look like you're up to it. Your papers say you're up to it. Are you up to it?'"

There are some female MACOs in the group, in particular one in the second episode ("Anomaly") named "McKenzie." Keating found out that the scene used in auditions for that character was one that "had a definite sexual tension between her and Mr. Reed," but the scene did not remain in the shooting script. Could that character interaction re-emerge down the road? "There might be some mileage in Reed getting a love interest this year. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens."

Keating was fully conscious of the criticism the show has gotten from the press and other quarters. But from his perspective, he sees a lot of ambiguity. "I was at a convention in Tulsa a couple of weeks ago, and I got a lot of flak and grumbly this and grumbly that. And I looked out across the audience and I went, 'You know what? This is the biggest audience I've ever played to!' There were 700 people sitting on my talk, and they had 10,000 people through a three-day weekend. 'Which is it? Do you love this show or do you hate this show? You tell me!'"

Keating also confessed that he has developed a taste for directing, and he is in the process of cutting his teeth in the same way Roxann Dawson, Robert Duncan McNeill and others who've gone through the "Star Trek school" have. During hiatus he directed a public access TV show called "Heartbreak Café," and he is currently prepping a short film project. He hopes to gain enough experience to eventually get a chance to direct Enterprise.

Montgomery was his usual ebullient self and happy to talk up a storm with reporters. So what's new this season? "It's a lot more intense on set. We're on a mission to save mankind! That brings a different level of intensity. We're all there on the new ride, on the new journey. Let's see where it goes."

But just to be clear, it's not that serious on the set. "We all still laugh a lot, that hasn't gone away. Now we're even more comfortable with each other, so we even laugh harder, because we understand and we love each other. We are truly a family. When we went on hiatus and came back, it was like going to a family reunion. Everybody hugs and says, 'Hey, how was your summer, what'd you do?'"

How does Travis fit into the new story arc? "Not as much of the youthful exuberance that you've seen. I still want Travis excited about seeing new things, but just the idea of being on a mission to save mankind, that raises the stakes to a completely different level. It's not just about going to a different planet, going to different places and seeing what excitement or what adventures we can get into." He added, "Or misadventures — he's always the thrillseeker, but he always gets hurt doing that!"

What's on the horizon (pun intended) for his character? "We've seen the adventure side, so let's see that romantic side!" he smiled. "We've heard about the women on Draylax, but we've never met one of them!" he sort of half-joked. On top of that, "Travis has been the only one who hasn't had a Decon scene! Think about it!" We've seen him shirtless, "but you haven't seen him in his blue skivvies being gelled up! Never seen it. Even Porthos has been decontaminated!"

While Keating was cutting his teeth as a director during hiatus, Montgomery was developing a taste for producing. This came while putting together the play "Dutchman" which he also performed in. He hopes to someday produce a television show himself, and while he's not sure what kind of show it would be, he does have a particular love of animation. "Crazy as that sounds, I grew up reading comic books and watching cartoons, so I know I'm going to make a big splash in the anime world at some point." (Yes, he's interested in the more stylistic and mature forms of animation.)

Billingsley was quite a bit more contemplative than his counterparts during his interviews, having particular views on what themes the show could tackle in light of the current world climate and how his character would fit into that. "It seems to me as if everybody on the ship has been energized by the assault on Earth. There's a level of bloodlust that drives everyone forward. I'll be interested to see if the doctor stands somewhat in opposition to that," he said.

While the producers stated earlier that day that they are not intentionally drawing analogies between events on the show and events in real life, Billingsley thinks there may be some topical parallels nevertheless. "I think it's possible that my character might be the guy who says, 'Okay, in your thirst for vengeance, in the need you have to stop the bad guys, don't start torturing people, don't lose your humanity."

"Personally I think what I always liked about the Original Series was that they did a Vietnam show, and they did a racism show, at a time when those issues were real hot-button issues in this country. The biggest hot-button issue in this country right now is, how much of our freedoms are we willing to set aside for security? I think that's what the show is potentially going to be asked to grapple with, and I hope they do."

He believes the writers may have "tapped into a new vein" this season that "might be very positive." "They're constantly busting their butts trying to tell fresh stories after having told 700 Star Trek stories. I don't envy them their job." And regarding the controversies that had been brought up throughout the day, he commented, "I think it's unfair and unfortunate that the writers get almost all of the heat for the perceived problems of the show. I think the problem with the show is that there's only 39 or 40 minutes for each episode, which isn't enough time to tell a nuanced story driven by character with multiple layers of meaning." To illustrate, he talked about a pickup scene (one shot after principal photography) he did during the second season: "The director said, 'We have 39 seconds to do this scene.' Which meant that I was basically being asked to spit-out-the-words-as-quickly-as-I-could-so-we-could-get-the-scene-into-39-seconds! That's a problem. And that has nothing to do with the writers. Give us four more minutes! Let us tell a better story!"

Also present at the party was Billingsley's wife, Bonita Friedericy, who guest-starred in "Regeneration" as "Rooney," a human scientist who got assimilated. "I loved being a Borg! It's pretty cool!" she beamed. She revealed that her Borg costume was actually a re-use of the one worn by Roxann Dawson in "Unimatrix Zero" — "Which was quite an honor!" But it was an odd experience for her since the costumers hadn't done the Borg for so long. "When they were fitting me, they were like, 'Oh my God, does anyone remember how these suits go? There's a hole here, what tube went in there?' They couldn't remember how to use them anymore."

The character of Rooney is gone, so is there any chance of Friedericy coming back to the show, perhaps as an alien? "I would like to. The costume people are rooting for me to come back and play another character, because I fit in their clothes!"

Master Q

Side Note: I don’t were this article came from directly. I don’t think it is from TrekToday. (At least I don’t think it is). I found this article at a community called Starbase12

Now I have to respond to Billingsley’s comments . . .

I don’t want ENT to be preaching me left-wing liberal ideas. (The press and Hollywood already do that)

I’m all for different view points, but Billingsley I think rather would just show and emphasize a more liberal view or attitude.

Yes, I admit I’m a right-wing conservative - I’m a Republican

And something like Iraq I can’t understand why people did not support the war. Iraq was a breading ground for terrorist. If we want to stop terrorist (like preventing another 9-11) we have to stop them first this requires a change in the Middle East and transforming Iraq would be a first step in this. And so forth ... (But I'm not going to get too deep into this - thats for the Risa forum)

When Season 3 comes out I’m going to try to stick with ENT for a while and record them. I just hope that the show gets better and one thing I know for sure is if ENT presents a more liberal attitude then what they have already then that would be a major turn off for me

Master Q

It all sounds good to me! I can't wait for the new season!

Star Trek has always done some shows that reflect whats going on in todays culture.Thats been one of the things that attracted me to the show.

If it gets too liberal for you and you stop watching then that will be your loss.Star Trek likes to open minds and get people to think and conservatives could certainly use that from time to time :wow:

Star Trek has always done some shows that reflect whats going on in todays culture.Thats been one of the things that attracted me to the show.

If it gets too liberal for you and you stop watching then that will be your loss.Star Trek likes to open minds and get people to think and conservatives could certainly use that from time to time :wow:

Some people don't grasp the distinction between open-minded and liberal. Liberal is just as closed minded as conservative. Open minded - which Star Trek should be - would present an unbiased view of both sides of an issue

There were a couple of times I thought VOY and DS9 were going to slip into liberal spin but actually proved themselves capable of addressing both sides of an issue. This generally meant lots of questions with no clear answers. I haven't gotten the idea that ENT can or will do that. I really miss those kinds of episodes. I really hate being talked down to.

Plus it would be ratings suicide to alienate all the conservative fans because there actually are quite a few.

If it gets too liberal for you and you stop watching then that will be your loss.Star Trek likes to open minds and get people to think and conservatives could certainly use that from time to time :laugh:

Not really.

Do you really think that Democrats (/liberals) are “open minded”? The real answer is no more then Republicans. I being a “conservative” most not be open minded (as you put it), but I think time has judged me to be the opposite. In fact (and ironically so) Roddenberry was said (by people who worked with him) to be stubborn and less then open minded.

Like I have stated I am all for different view points and different ideas, but I don’t want ST or any TV show telling me what I should and should not believe and I certainly don’t want a show to be preaching to me.

One of the stereotypical responses or incorrect conceptions is that politically speaking (and of course I’m really referring to the US political system / political parties) is that a “liberal” is someone who has a open mind and a “conservative” is one who is opposed to different view points & wants everything to remain “status-quo,” but this not true at all. Anyone that watches politics and wathces curent events should know that.

Master Q

Trip & Season 3

Connor Trinneer (Charles 'Trip' Tucker) this weekend revealed what season three has in store for Enterprise's chief engineer.

Speaking with TrekToday's Kristine Huntley at Creation Entertainment's Las Vegas convention, Trinneer shed some light on the rumours about Trip and T'Pol taking their relationship to the next level (story). "She's helping him sleep," he said. "She's asked by the doctor to use Vulcan acupuncture to help him sleep."

The engineer's insomnia is no doubt caused by his difficulty in dealing with the death of his sister in the Xindi's attack on Earth, but don't expect this situation to drive Trip into T'Pol's arms. "It could go anywhere," Trinneer said. "If I were to predict, we'll get to know each other better."

Enterprise's search for the Xindi this season will also arouse a desire for retribution in Trip. "I don't think he's going to be very happy," the actor said. "I think he does wear his emotions on his sleeve, but the most important thing is the ship. He can't be a renegade member of the crew."

But that doesn't mean there won't be some conflict with his friend and commanding officer, Captain Archer. "I hope [Trip] pisses him off and vice versa. I hope they explore the depth of friendship."

TrekToday's complete report from the Las Vegas convention will be published over the course of the next few days.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/050803_01.shtml

Master Q

Possible Spoilers: Ent's 'The Xindi'

Enterprise's mission to track down the Xindi before they destroy Earth will reportedly begin to take its toll on Captain Archer.

British sci-fi magazine SFX recently published new spoilers for the first two episodes of season three, "The Xindi" and "Anomaly" (available online via the Great Link). Their episode synopses reveal that the NX-01's commanding officer is "on edge" as the season opens, but he's not the only one, as Trip comes to terms with the death of his sister and Reed tries to deal with the presence of the MACOs.

In "The Xindi", Archer and Trip reportedly visit a mining colony in order to question a member of the Xindi working there. But when the miners take the away team hostage and plan to capture Enterprise, it's up to Reed and the MACOs to rescue the captain and engineer. The Xindi-Humanoid, wounded in the rescue attempt, reveals the location of the Xindi homeworld before he dies.

The Xindi-Humanoid's help turns out to be for naught, as the planet is deserted when Enterprise arrives: the Xindi have gone underground. Now more dangerous than ever, the various Xindi species plot the final destruction of earth.

Set approximately two weeks later, "Anomaly" revolves around an attack by a group of aliens known as the Ventaxians. The Enterprise crew drives the boarders off and follows them back to their base, a large sphere which has its own cloaking device.

When Xindi material is found on the sphere, Archer becomes obsessed about finding further information on the mysterious species. Convinced that the Ventaxians have material that could be of use in their databanks, Archer "uses airlock decompression to force the Ventaxian to reveal important codes". This reckless act leads the crew to speculate that the Delphic Expanse could be taking its toll on their captain.

Please note that this information has not been confirmed by Paramount Pictures and until such time you should treat it as you would any other rumour from an unofficial source.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/080803_01.shtml

~ http://www.greatlink.org/dcisV2.asp?url=ht...p?episodeid=557

~ http://www.greatlink.org/dcisV2.asp?url=ht...p?episodeid=558

Master Q

Braga Speaks

Braga_TCA_07232003.jpg

(Picture from BrannonBraga.com)

Brannon Braga spoke about his assessment of the second season of Enterprise, criticising some episodes and reflecting on what he thinks works best on the series.

Trek BBS member 'Cyrus' provided a transcript of some of Braga's comments to the Star Trek Communicator, which included assurances that the Tholians and Tellarites are likely to return while the Borg are not.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/090803_01.shtml

In the latest Star Trek Communicator magazine, Brannon Braga comments on 2nd season episodes. This is his most honest interview (relatively speaking) since the famous "poopy" interview (which I posted here last year, but since Trekbbs doesn't save old threads, here is a link to another bbs), as he is critical of some episodes. Here are some of his comments (any typos are mine):

Carbon Creek

"Part of Star Trek's strength is its ability to do a diverse collection of episodes. It's hard, because some people want a certain kind of Star Trek every week, but Star Trek's bigger than that. What you get with a show like 'Carbon Creek' is a complete breath of fresh air. It had a very classic, humanistic theme that's very topical for today."

Dead Stop

"It's the kind of thing we need more of, it has great Sci-fi concepts.This idea of a weird automated space station is terrific - totally creepy. It has that great old Star Trek vibe, exploring something where you're like, 'what the hell is this?'. It was well-written, well-directed, and the effects were great."

Marauders

"It was ultimately not as satisfying as it could have been, because the episode was slow paced and, more importantly, didn't have anything to say. It was entertaining, but didn't have depth to it. We never really got to the point where it was anything but an action show."

Vanishing Point

"It was a great exploration of Hoshi's character, her insecurities and what she fears most, which is being insignificant. That's something a lot of people can relate to. It was also a tribute to 'An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge' but with a transporter, which I thought was a great twist. Some people saw it as a cop-out. But if you watch the episode, there are almost too many clues that this is in her mind."

Stigma

"Mind melds are very intimate, and Vulcans shun intimacy. At this point in time, mind melds were a horrifying thought. Even in Kirk and Picard's time, melding is still considered very dangerous and kind of frowned upon. Add into that this terrible decease, which obviously was cured by Spock's time, and it makes for a volatile combination. You can understand why a large section of Vulcan population looked down on this, even though the attitudes were wrong and bad."

Cease Fire

"We were very eager to bring back the Andorians. We were just waiting for the right story idea to come along. ... The twist with Tarah was probably the only weak point, and we kind of suspected that might be the case. But it's still amazing that you can take blue guys with antennae and make them believable. They're turning into a very interesting species."

Future Tense

"The Tholians were wonderful. I'm hoping we'll see them again next season. If we choose to develop them, they'll be major players in every way."

Canamar

"It was trying to be a balls-to-the-wall kind of Con Air with aliens. It was a script we had to write very quickly and it turned out to be a far better episode than it deserved."

The Crossing

"It just didn't have meat. It had some cool visuals, but it could've been better paced and maybe been about something. It didn't seem to have the depth we usually aim for."

Judgment

"'Judgment' was one of those cases were it all came together. It was an opportunity to delve into what Klingons were like during this period in history. The warrior class had taken power and begun to corrupt a great society and turn it in an imperialistic direction. It was an interesting insight into Klingon culture. Of course the tragedy is that - as Star Trek fans know - this poor guy, Kolos, is doomed, because they never do change."

Regeneration

"At the very end of this episode, we learn that a transmission was sent by this Borg ship to the Delta Quadrant. What you end up with is a scrumptious little paradox, where this could have been the incident that informed the Borg of our existence. It's a wonderful stand-alone episode, and we have no plans to see the Borg ever again."

First Flight

"We've always wanted to do a flashback episode showing Archer's early days in the NX program. Then the Columbia disaster occurred, and we really started thinking about the space program. Unfortunately, despite the terrible human loss of the Columbia tragedy, one of the byproducts of that is people starting to wonder, 'Should we be in space?' 'Is manned space exploration worth the risk?' Obviously our position is 'Yes!'. So we really wanted to send a Valentine to NASA and to space exploration around the world. There are definitely analogs to things happening today. It's very much what Star Trek is all about."

Bounty

"We really liked the way Skalaar turned out and wouldn't hesitate to do the Tellarites again".

The Expanse

"For this vast a story arc, the Romulans would've been a big mistake. It wouldn't have been as satisfying to just deal with them all the time. They would get old. That doesn't mean we can't involve them, but we wanted to do more cutting-edge stuff. For that, we needed a rich, intriguing, mysterious new species. To me, it's one of the coolest concepts we've had in a long time."

--TrekBBS http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.ph...b=5&o=7&fpart=1

What areas do you agree with Braga?

What areas do you disagree with him?

. . .

Master Q

First off, he is completely right about "Marauders"; It had no depth! I thought that was one of THE worst Star Trek episodes ever written. I glad to see that Braga thought "Carbon Creek" and "Judgement". I felt that those episodes had more depth than most of the other episodes. If he can realize this, there may be hope for Enterprise yet. I am somewhat concerned with what he had to say about "Expanse". I feel that the Romulans would have been a great idea. The Romulans have always been a core species of Star Trek, but there is alot of room them still. The Klingons have had many more roles and episodes that the Romulans ever have. I feel that since this is a prequel show it would be interesting to see what the Romulans were like. As for the Xindi, they might turn out to be new and interesting, but I am guessing that they will have very little depth. There is a reason why the characters in Star Trek are humanoid. It is because they can be played by REAL actors. But I digress. The thrid season could turn out well. And I sincerely hope it does. I now cross my fingers until season 3 ends.

Regeneration

"At the very end of this episode, we learn that a transmission was sent by this Borg ship to the Delta Quadrant. What you end up with is a scrumptious little paradox, where this could have been the incident that informed the Borg of our existence. It's a wonderful stand-alone episode, and we have no plans to see the Borg ever again."

PHEW!

No more Borg!

Don't get me wrong; I absolutely loved Regeneration. However, it would not be wise to use the Borg ever again, especially after the "time-line" controversy with this episode. And I don't want to see another Voyager-like series with waaaay too many Borg episodes.

I'm starting to think that the producers really DO know what they are doing with Trek. Yay!

T’pol has a new look

240x320.jpg

(Picture From StarTrek.com)

What do you think about her new outfit?

Master Q

It's really quite ugly. Wide horizontal band? Designers know better than that. Those extra long sleeves will drive her crazy. No "enhancements"? - she looks a bit flatter.

It's still a catsuit but the color is prettier.

I think she looks better, but the real question is why she changes her clothes and hair style. I hope they explain it in the episode instead of something being spontanious, I do hope that Hoshi gets a new look as well...

Well Syperphobia the explanation I have already formulated is this, she is no longer present on the Ent as a representative of the Vulcan High Council therefore she is free to express herself more freely, how's that sound? :bow:

Well Syperphobia the explanation I have already formulated is this, she is no longer present on the Ent as a representative of the Vulcan High Council therefore she is free to express herself more freely, how's that sound? :bow:

Yeah, I thought that was the reason she was changing her outfit. I like the color better, it's much more flattering for her. I would actually like to see more color on Enterprise. She's really going to stand out among all those navy-colored uniforms. Too bad they didn't get away from the cat-suit concept. I don't see much change in the hair, I thought they were going to change that too. :)

Sign in to follow this