Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A question for newer members

We've had the personalized banners online now for close to a year I believe and I'm curious as to what, if any impressions people had about them when they first noticed them.

You of course had no idea who those people or names were but what were your thoughts about the banners?

I'm just curious to see what, if any message the banners transmit.

I'm not sure if I'm newer or older, nor am I sure exactly what you are referring to when you speak of "banners." If it's the stuff I see across the top of the page that has member names and pictures of them in wedding dresses marrying Data or Picard, etc. etc. I think they are highly entertaining.

If it's something else you're talking about, sorry. :bow:

How do I make something like that for myself? I just don't have the tech know-how, I suppose, to put something like that together. I wouldn't even know where to start!

That's exactly what I'm talking about, the logo pictures at the top of the screen.

As for how to make one, it just takes getting a photo editing program like Photoshop or Paintshop pro or something like that and playing with it and learning how to use it.

There are several people here that are willing to make them though, just put a request in the "Personalized Banners" post in Off Topic and I'm sure someone will come to your aid.

I liked them. It gives a personal flare to STF.net. I love the decoration too. It gives a cool fullness to the site like something to fill up an emptiness. It's hard to explain. But I love them :thumbs:

That's exactly what I'm talking about, the logo pictures at the top of the screen.

As for how to make one, it just takes getting a photo editing program like Photoshop or Paintshop pro or something like that and playing with it and learning how to use it.

There are several people here that are willing to make them though, just put a request in the "Personalized Banners" post in Off Topic and I'm sure someone will come to your aid.

Thanks for the tip VBG!

I love your site here ... I came over from the forums at startrek.com and I've never been back over there. Everyone is so nice here and those banners really add a lot IMO to the welcoming feel of this board.

Now I'm going to start thinking about what I would like to see in my personalized banner and maybe I'll try to work something up!

I am an old member making a comment.

To me the banners help us get to know our more outgoing members. As long as we have had the rotating banners I have liked them.

I also like the fact that if one si less outgoing and does not want a banner, one is under no pressure to come up with one.

Am I still newer since I've been here a few months?

Doesn't matter :thumbs:

I first thought that they were entertaining, and I kept refreshing the pae to try to see them all LOLOL!

I Love the Personal Banners. I've thought about doing one, I just didn't know who to talk to about it. Thanks VBG. :thumbs:

I Love the Personal Banners. I've thought about doing one, I just didn't know who to talk to about it. Thanks VBG. :tribble:

Post in the Personalized Banneds thread in Off Topic requesting someone make one for you, I'm sure someone will be happy to assist you.

I like the personal banners. It gives the board a personal toach. Someday I may have one of mine own, but right now.

I really like them...I like a lot of things about these boards...I have also left st.com and have never returned...This place is so fun...I think I'll go to that thread and request a banner since I don't have photoshop or anything great to play with...

:cool:

I think the personal banners are cool. I think they add a nice touch to the site, I have also been guilty of refreshing the pages to see which banner comes up. I think everyone on here is very creative with their banners and I do enjoy hanging out here whenever I'm online. The banners make these boards inviting. Someday I'll have one of my own, just haven't decided what I want the theme to be...

I am an old member making a comment.

To me the banners help us get to know our more outgoing members. As long as we have had the rotating banners I have liked them.

I also like the fact that if one si less outgoing and does not want a banner, one is under no pressure to come up with one.

246633[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel but I'm still really young (new)

I think the personal banners are cool.  I think they add a nice touch to the site, I have also been guilty of refreshing the pages to see which banner comes up.  I think everyone on here is very creative with their banners and I do enjoy hanging out here whenever I'm online.  The banners make these boards inviting.  Someday I'll have one of my own, just haven't decided what I want the theme to be...

265930[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel.... and someday....

I think the Personalised Banners are great, for much of the reasons stated by the members above.^ :) :)

lastresort.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif