Have you seen THE V...??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen THE V...??

• Yes i have and i liked it
    • Yes i have and didnt care much for it
    • No i havent but i would like to
    • Never heard of it

I thought i would do a poll on a 80's sci-fi show called THE V.....its being repeated on dutch tv starting tonight,i remember watching it as a kid and loved it even though it scared me half to death <_< ...anyway back on topic...what i want to know is have YOU seen it and what did you think of it,i myself thought it was one of the best sci-fi shows of all time :look:

Click for Spoiler:

I AM NOT THE REAL SLIM SHADY!!!!!!!....I JUST LOOK LIKE HIM....

I've Never heard of it, whats it about and is there somewhere i can go to find out about it?

I've Never heard of it, whats it about and is there somewhere i can go to find out about it?

Its about aliens who come to earth in the name of peace but thats not what they have come for,they look like us but if you rip their skin underneath they are like lizards..there is one scene when one of them eats a rat or something like that <_< ..and the guy who plays freddy kruger(robert englund) has a large part in it.

I am aware of a sci-fi show called "V" (as opposed to "the V"). The earth had been invaded by lizard-like creatures disguised as humans, and there was collaboration between Earth's leaders and 'The Visitors', as they were called. But a group of humans, a resistance group, who knew the truth about who these lizard creatures actually were, fought against them, like the French undergound fought Hitler. The Visitors were stealing water, and humans ( being packaged for food later), shipping them back to their planet. 'The Visitors ' had provided cures to many diseases, and other good works, so that humans would be suckered into thinking they were good.

It is a really good series. Is that the one you were referring to?

I am aware of a sci-fi show called "V"  (as opposed to "the V"). The earth had been invaded by lizard-like creatures disguised as humans, and there was collaboration between Earth's leaders and 'The Visitors', as they were called. But a group of humans, a resistance group, who knew the truth about who these lizard creatures actually were, fought against them, like the French undergound fought Hitler. The Visitors were stealing water, and humans ( being packaged for food later), shipping them back to their planet.  'The Visitors ' had provided cures to many diseases, and other good works, so that humans would be suckered into thinking they were good.

It is a really good series. Is that the one you were referring to?

yep thats the one,its The V in the tv book but i will take your word that its just V...its been 14 years since i have seen it so i can make a mistake in the name <_< but you kinda summed it up better then i did :look:

Edited by hangon

Yep, here it's just "V". My mom is a big fan of it, so we have the tv-movie and the entire series on VHS. It's pretty good, but those lizards freaked me out the first time I saw it. <_<

I almost didn't open the thread because of the "the". It was just called V, I thought the two miniseries were terrific. It lost something when it became a series (and didn't last long). I thought it did a terrific job of showing how easily humans can be manipulated. Hmmm, I need to watch it again.

I watched it for the first time last night and thought it was great,i really enjoyed it kind off scary but i am looking forward to seeing part 2 next week,the only thing i didnt like is when a women eats a hamster <_<

Wow it's been years since I saw "V". I was only little at the time and used to hide behind a cushion when the aliens pulled off their skin or ate a poor rodent. I thought it was a great series it would be good if they would repeat it over here. <_<

Ok now youve explined what its about it does sound familar so i might of wratched it. ill have to wratch it again to find out.

:blink:

80's? I was born in 1988....Never heard of it.

:assimilated: Also born in 1988 AD, and I have seen some of it, and know bits of the plot...

By jove, it's been such awhile since I've seen it though... :(

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

I've just got the complete series on DVD. It brings back memories.

I remember watching it when it came out and I thought it was cool. I always loved the noise the visitors weapons made. I even bought the comic series that it had after it was canceled.

Well it you liked V or The V or whatever you want to call it, they are making a 3rd miniseries. I think it's called V: The Return or something like that. Anyway, it takes place about 20 years after V: The Final Battle. I don't know if it includes what happens in the regular series or not.

I'll try to find the link. In the meantime I can't give away too much since not everyone has seen V the original yet.

I am starting to feel old here. I am remember watching the series when I was 10 years old. :thumbs:

Edited by Odie

You are not old, Odie! I was already an adult when I watched it!

Thanks, mj. :thumbs: