Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

The Name's Bana, Eric Bana

Eric Bana is the new James Bond. you may have seen him if you were one of the 12 people who saw "The Hulk", he also played "Hoot" in "Black Hawk Down" and "Hector" in "Troy". it's official, folks

Never heard of him. And I don't think he'll draw me to any Bond films. I've seen four Bond films in my whole life. Three of those were the last three - gee I wonder what the draw was?

You mean, you missed Sean Connery as Bond, TUH? He was the best. I like From Russia With Love, and You Only Live Twice the most of the Sean Connery films.

I cannot recall who Eric Bana is, unless he was the picture bysty posted recently.

Doesn't sound like he'll be a good bond.... <_<

Now if we had better scripts like the one You only live twice. You could cast someone better.

Sean Connery Rules!!!

:look:

Eric Bana is a decent actor, and he has a background in both action and comedy, which will help in playing Bond, but he seems a bit young.

Eric Bana seems awfully young to play Bond, but since the movies are now less about spying and intrigue, and more about action, cool gadgets, and bedding hot young women, he should do just fine. <_<

I'll wait for the video.

BTW, I don't remember seeing him in anyting, so I can't say anything about his acting ability, but since he was chosen, he must be good. :look:

Australian actor Eric Bana may be set to be the next James Bond - beating Jude Law, Orlando Bloom and Heath Ledger to the part of the British spy. The Hulk star, 35, is still in negotiations with movie bosses to take over the coveted role from Pierce Brosnan in the next installment, which sees 007 on a mission to save the world from a killer virus. A source says, "Eric is the guy they want but he has a reputation for being demanding. They want to modernize Bond and turn him into a youthful, suave and modern hero to compete with the likes of Spider-Man and Keanu Reeves in The Matrix." Bana is married to TV publicist Rebecca Gleeson and they have two children together - Klaus, five, and Sophia, two.

This is from the imdb news page. Personally, I think it sounds like a bad idea, making Bond younger and all. Though, the polt for Bond 21 sounds good. I think Hugh Jackman would have made a good Bond but I'll wait to see how Bana does.

Actually Like Eric Bana..

I am still trying figure why he beat out so many famous actor..maybe they wanted to mold him and they wanted an unknow::shrugs::

It might be that fact they may want to get more movies out of him without worry about age factor. If they Bond starts out young they my have the next 10 to 15 years worth of movies out of Eric Bana.