Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

A Thread Race

Just an idea I had for an event. Like Trivia is an event. See who can lets say type a minimum of 50 characters in 10 threads the fastest. AND, they have to make sense to the topic. What do you think?? Could it be done, I mean the event. Could the Mods time people?? Any suggestions as to how it could be done? Maybe a list of topics have to be displayed then what? help me, this could be fun.

I think it that this thread should be the starting and finishing line. 1st post here, tenth post here. Good idea?

Edited by fenriz275

WHY would you say that??? WAB :rolleyes:

Edited by Jeanway

'Twould be fun, but no copy-paste like: I agree... etc...

Also flood control would be a problem...

Hey Harry, lose the insult from Tina please in your signature. You've taken it out of context. I'm not happy about it. :b-day:

Thanks Harry :rolleyes:

Edited by Jeanway

you should see the PM I got after I posted that long thread of posts in the games forum a few days ago.

Well, are you changing your behavior?? That's all he wanted. AE is a good guy, he won't restrict you that way.

Even better... The mods aren't in on it... you know when it starts through PMing... and one person tries to destract all the mods (I don't know how, but who cares...)

Now that would be fun!!!

Even better... The mods aren't in on it... you know when it starts through PMing... and one person tries to destract all the mods (I don't know how, but who cares...)

Now that would be fun!!!

I know how to distract the Mods :rolleyes: especially alterego

Well, I think EVERYONE should be able to participate and if there is a champion with the best time then anyone should be able to try to knock him or her down, that's only fair. You know "TIME TO BEAT"????

I'll set the pace. :b-day::rolleyes: j/k

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

THERE YA GO, THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!! :clap::b-day: HERE I COME, SNAPPING AT YOUR HEELS :rolleyes:

Now that would be fun!!!

I know how to distract the Mods :rolleyes: especially alterego

*raises eyebrow*

you should see the PM I got after I posted that long thread of posts in the games forum a few days ago.

For the record, the entire contents of that PM was a thread link to the Games forum. (showing he was the last responder to EVERY game on the page. :b-day: )

As long as all of the posts for the game form a coherent and complete thought and are relevant to the topic it is posted on then it could be fun.

If anyone starts posting gibberish though the game may wind up being locked.

O.K., GREAT! :rolleyes: Here is what I will do:

I will chose 10 threads. They will all be in different forums. I'll tell you what page each of the threads are on but not in what forum, ok, you have to figure out where they are. The first thread and last thread will designated, and must be in the right place on your list, that's because of the time stamp. The other eight you can do in any order, BUT the first and last have to begin and end in the right place.O.K., What do you think? let me start making the list. You probably should do a print-out of the list or write them down on a piece of paper before you start. Your posts MUST make sense according to the Topic of the thread. And the person with the shortest time of completion with set the pace. A MINIMUM OF 50 CHARACTERS. Which means you can't go in and do a smilie or just say anything. 50 charcters would look like this:

{aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa} O.K.? Almost

a full line. But it can be longer if you want. Flood Control is a problem for everyone so we all have that risk too. We share the risk, like Insurance. :b-day:

Any suggestions about this will be more than welcome. I hope this turns out to be fun for everyone. I'll get to the list now, then post it. But once you begin, don't let anything interrupt you, O.K.? Good Luck everybody. My next post will have the first list. Remember the First and Last must be in the right place, because of the time stamp.

Edited by Jeanway

OK, Here goes: Remember, YOU have to figure out which Forum they are in. The page they are on is there, right after the title: print this page or write them down before you start. Then come back in here and say your done. OK? Then I'll check the time and if you did all of them, then post the time to beat. :rolleyes: Good Luck!!

1. War/Science Page 2

2.Random Rants Page 2

3. Ask VaBeachGuy Page 1

4.StarFleet Command Flag Page1

5. Personal Problem Poll Page 3

6.Things You Wish Someone Had Told You Page 3

7. Avatars Page 4

8. Favorite Classic Movie Monster Page 1

9. Chatting Page 1

10. Music You've Listened to. Page 1

REMEMBER #1 AND #10 HAVE TO BE FIRST AND LAST RESPECTIVELY. THE REST CAN BE IN ANY ORDER.

Edited by Jeanway

You did it in 4.45 minutes??? :b-day: Maybe it's not long enough :rolleyes: Got any suggestions Harry?? Someone at one point is going to have to do one so I can do it too. The TIME-STAMP at the top of the page is what we will go by. So seconds don't matter. I stayed away from Movies and Books, I think that's a good idea.

Edited by Jeanway

Time to beat: 4 min 45.26 sec

The Ask VBG Post was qued, so it might not show up yet!!! WOO HOO!!!

That doesn't make sense. If you have a 30 second delay, how can you do 10? It would at least take 4.5 minutes of delays....

OK, due to some unforseen problems we'll have to rethink how we might play this game. I'll be back when I figure out a few things. So for right now this game is on hold. Sorry