Sign in to follow this  
hangon

The search for spock

Ok this may sound a bit stupid but its something that has puzzeled me since first seeing the borg......In the search for spock when kirk steals the enterprise the captain of the Excelcior orders the helms men to get ready for trans warp drive....my Q is....is this the same type of transwarp drive the borg use???...dumb Q but i just thought i would ask.

Edited by hangon

probably different. They also discovered that that attempt would have destroyed the ship anyways....

When Voyager wanted to try transwarp, tachyons flooded the warp core and had to be ejected.

probably different. They also discovered that that attempt would have destroyed the ship anyways....

When Voyager wanted to try transwarp, tachyons flooded the warp core and had to be ejected.

Yeah i just had me thinking because it was scotty who stopped it from going to transwarp drive when he took out a few screws from the transwarp drive before they left space dock...but i was just intrested if it was based on the same transwarp drive as the borg....

I know that originally they planned on transferring the Enterprise crew over to the Excelsior after the Enterprise was destroyed so I wonder if it was their intention to give them transwarp drive as well to sort of 'jazz' up Star Trek a bit; make it even more futurie! Glad they didnt though...

I know that originally they planned on transferring the Enterprise crew over to the Excelsior after the Enterprise was destroyed so I wonder if it was their intention to give them transwarp drive as well to sort of 'jazz' up Star Trek a bit; make it even more futurie! Glad they didnt though...

Good point....i just thought if they did have transwarpdrive back then and even if it didnt work then why fit it to the ship??....but like i said it was something that had me thinking.