Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Star Trek Poll

Star Trek Producer Says hes develping a whole new film set before enterprise. Will It Fly?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek Producer Says hes develping a whole new film set before enterprise. Will It Fly?

• Yes! Boldly go!
    • No! What Was Wrong With The Orginal Star Trek?
    • Only If Its The Long Delayed Starfleet Academy

I, too, would need more info BUT as a general rule, I detest prequels to anything ... Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom, bad. Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, good. Star Wars: Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith, bad. Can't think of another GOOD example.

So, if they are setting the movie prior to Enterprise, I probably won't see it. Heck, I don't even like Enterprise because it's a prequel. I just like to feel like we're moving forward with the story, not reinventing history. Just my opinion.

I know I'm a pessimist on this topic, but I don't think another Trek movie will work any time soon, no matter the time period.

*runs from lynch-mob*

I know I'm a pessimist on this topic, but I don't think another Trek movie will work any time soon, no matter the time period.

*runs from lynch-mob*

I like the idea of a prequel, but I agree, no more trek movies for a while. I think anything right now would bomb.

*runs to catch up with Ace*

I'd love to see something about Starfleet Academy, but not immediately - I'm still getting over "Nemesis"! Too much Trek at the same time can be too much. Hopefully they'll wait until after Enterprise is over.

I doubt it, maybe I'm wrong. First of all I don't think a movie with an unknown cast will be a draw AND the concept of Star Fleet academy doesn't appeal to me.

A movie based on the academy wouldn't have the action of life aboard a ship and it sounds like a teen movie - which may be where they are trying to take ST

*runs from lynch-mob*

I like the idea of a prequel, but I agree, no more trek movies for a while. I think anything right now would bomb.

*runs to catch up with Ace*

I agree with Ace and RC. There has been too much Star Trek. No matter what they bring out it will be rejected by the general population. Maybe in the next 5 or more years will be a good time to bring out a movie.

*I have no fear!. I am ready for the lynch-mob*

I doubt it, maybe I'm wrong.  First of all I don't think a movie with an unknown cast will be a draw AND the concept of Star Fleet academy doesn't appeal to me. 

A movie based on the academy wouldn't have the action of life aboard a ship and it sounds like a teen movie - which may be where they are trying to take ST

243380[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly! I posted something like this in another forum...

I also agree with Ace and Rikerchick...Give us some time...I also didn't like how the Nemesis movie was the last one for TNG...One more TNG movie, please!...or, TNG and DS9 together...yea. :dude:

I agree with Eris. I don't think a Starfleet Academy movie would work at all. If they are going to try and take Star Trek into the Spy Kids kind of genre, then it will just fail miserably. Just look what happened when they did that to Thunderbirds.

Another TNG movie with DS9 incorpoprtated, or even the USS Titan would suit me down to the ground! As long as they got Nick Meyer back too! :naughty:

I, too, would need more info BUT as a general rule, I detest prequels to anything ... Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom, bad.  Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, good.  Star Wars: Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith, bad.  Can't think of another GOOD example.

So, if they are setting the movie prior to Enterprise, I probably won't see it.  Heck, I don't even like Enterprise because it's a prequel.  I just like to feel like we're moving forward with the story, not reinventing history.  Just my opinion.

242868[/snapback]

I totally agree here. I more of a pessimist when it comes to prequels. I'd prefer to move foreward that backwards.

I still hope one day they'll make a series based on Captain Sulu and the Excelsior. That would be something worth watching although I think they'll need to get a Sulu look-alike for that.