Anyone else on here ever watch any anime? I haven't seen much (just Princess Mononoke and the Cowboy Bebop movie, both of which I adored) and I really want to see more! Tomarrow I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some DVD of eps of Cowboy Bebop or other good shows my anime obsessed friends have told me about.

One of the things I like about anime is that it's sometimes more serious than American animation. I can't think of any serious American animation off the top of my head. I've also noticed that anime is directed (if you call it that with animation) more like live-action than American cartoons.

Cowboy Bebop rocks! :bow:

Also a fan of some other anime shows... Although I should watch more, and I think Janie watches more of it than me...

I enjoy watching Big O, and probably some other shows of anime..

And I like the premise of Steam Detectives since it's an alternative history about steam-power being the main focus in science and technology for "today"....

lastresort.jpg42.gif

I really like anime, i've seen the two mentioned, plus Spirited Away Inuyasha Trigun Dragon Ball Dragon Ball Z Dragon Ball GT Case Closed aka Detective Conan... and some others...

I've seen a lot of anime. Heck, the first forum I joined was called "Total Anime Network". I like all sorts of anime, anything fantasy. That includes pokemon, so if you want to make fun of me, go ahead. ><

I watch some. And Cowboy bebop does ROCK.

I watch Trigun, Case Closed, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and I liked Akira and Princess Mononoke.

Cowboy Bebop is fantastic - both the movie and the series. We have both on DVD. Now we're starting our collection of Wolf's Rain, which we bought sight-unseen, based on what we heard about the story, and the fact that Yoko Kanno did the music for it. I may end up liking Wolf's Rain even more! :bow:

I saw my first ep of InuYasha today and I have 3 words to desribe what I thought of it

Click for Spoiler:

give me more!

There's no grey area with me when it comes to anime, I either love it or hate it. I loved Akira and Neon Genesis Evangelion but I hate Dragonball Z. Go figure. :clap:

but I hate Dragonball Z. Go figure. :clap:

Dito. It's just not a good show! It's confusing and stupid. Give me Digimon any day of the week.

Stardate:214276.8

I watch some anime here and there.I watched the original versions (japenese) of dragonaball,z,and gt a few years back.They were pretty good.Although the American version pretty much destroyed it imo and now i cant stand that show.

I dont really like any of the anime in america.DBZ,Digimon,Yu-gi-oh and all the anime on tv kinda sucks i think.

The only anime i watch anymore is Naruto and Ranma 1/2.Naruto is definilty my favorite and i cant wait for the movie next month.

Ranma 1/2 is good too although alot of people consider it hentai.Yeah there are alot of topless shots and whatnot but it has a very good story and the characters are funny.

I know it is old but I would have to say my favorite anime has to be robotech. When it first came out in the states in the 80's it was so much better than anything that was on tv. So now anything with macross in it I try to watch.