Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

So what do you think?

Daniel and I were watching television as we were cuddling on the sofa today and then Daniel offered me a job. He said it's hard to leave and know I'm here alone all week as he drives the 18 wheeler all week. He says he misses me and though we chat on the phone, send pages, and email he worries about me being here alone so much. I have friends at work and I have little Travis Spencer to take care of so I'm not so lonely.

The job he is offering me is a life as a co-driver, he says he will put me through truck driving school and then we can rent the house out and travel about as truckers. He knows I can't and won't give Travis Spencer away so he may have considered my bringing him with us. I have to admit I'm intrigued by this but I've never been away from my little corner of Ohio. My parents moved to Kentucky and later to Florida and I have never visited either of there homes and that was 7 or 8 years ago. Daniel says I would get use to it and I may even enjoy the times we work and when we took days off we would explore and enjoy the states or even countries (Canada and Mexico) we visit.

I at first, thought yes this could be fun but I didn't say anything as I have to think this through as strangers would be living in my home. My employer of over 12 years would have to replace me, and my daily routines would change in unimaginable ways. So basically the question is should I or shouldn't I, if I do it I would have to commit to it for at least a year. So there would be no oh just try it for a month or two situation.

My dream as a little girl was to be a truck driver so I would jump on this in a heartbeat. In fact I'm a little jealous just reading about it. :laugh: I think it sounds great. I love being out on the open road. IMO change is good, I'd go for it. It's always fun to shake things up a little.

Is it possible to go on a trip with him once to get a feel for being on the road?

It doesn't sound like my dream job because I hate driving - however, I have driven across country (or at least across several states) and I remember driving through the Western part of Texas - the roads were rather empty and thinking that might a pretty peaceful job. This is a beautiful country - if you haven't seen it then I'd recommend taking the opportunity - be sure to keep a diary of the places you visit and people you meet.

Myself I prefer the open road to city driving and the West is a lot more open than the East.

I would definitely recommend great care in renting out your house - hire a property manager to check on things.

And depending on Travis' age he might not take to such a change in environment.

As for changing your routine - it's good for you. I've lived in several cities in different parts of the country - that was my way of seeking adventure.

Ultimately you have to decide what best meets your personal goals for your life - but don't let fear of the unknown be the reason you say no.

Sounds like a good plan to me BC, getting paid for being together and traveling the countryside sounds like a heck of an arrangement. In fact you've got me thinking this may be just the thing for M and I to do once the nest is empty.