Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Think Tank ~

For all your ideas and concepts that when you talk to 'NORMAL' people about

them they look at you like this:------>> :b-day: then :blink:

Here's some things I've thought of in the past week that people thought were bad ideas, but I think are good:

If you are a parent of a small child, why in the world would you push such a heavy stroller around? Why not make a remote controlled blimp that you can put the kid in, and then move him around with a small electronic device that weighs only ounces?

For hair stylists:

"Corn row" braids in hair styles really seem to be "in" these days. Hair sylists should take advantage of this trend and charge money to braid corn-rows into other masses of body hairs... beards, armpit hairs, back hair, etc.

The first guy who ate an egg.... what the heck was he thinking? ("See that thing coming out of that chickens butt? I'M GONNA EAT IT!")

Edited by nik

EXACTLY nik :b-day: :blink: I love all three of them especially the remote blimp thing, I could use that with Baby Tongue. :b-day::b-day::b-day:

People seem to spend a lot of money on "imported" bottled water (which I am convinced is just a French guy in his bathroom filling up bottles from his sink). I bet one could spring a pretty lucrative business selling cans of dehydrated, condensed water. The instructions would be very simple: 1. Empty contents of can into a large bowl or pitcher. 2. Add water. 3. Stir well. 4. More or less water may be added until desired consistency is achieved.

Here's another of my "bad" ideas.

Consumables.... Think of all the time and money we waste by consuming tiny things, when we can just make, package, and buy one big one. For example, if you are camping with five friends, you could probably go through about 4 bags of marshmallows. Just buy one big marshmallow instead! How about potato chips. How many people eat just one chip? They would if it was the size of a table! Companies can save a lot of energy dividing things into smaller portions if they just sold BIG items. This could apply to a lot of stuff:

Cigarettes, pretzels, grapes (of course, there's the genetic engineering thing), Corn Flakes or Wheaties, macaroni, sugar, sunflower seeds, cotton balls, and a lot of other stuff could be made easier if they were sold as ONE BIG ONE, and not a bunch of little ones.

Edited by nik

And another.....

Automobile theft alarms are too docile. When someone steals my car, what do I want? Do I want them to ride away in my car as it's emitting this wimpy little beep. No! I want to catch the crook! So automobile alarms ought to be able to let the thief enter the car easily. Then, as soon as he closes the door, the locks clamp shut, a restraining harness wraps around his arms, legs, and head, and then some knockout gas (ether or something) is released into the car. The guy would not only still be there when the cops come, but he would be very easy to process into his incarceration.

How about fitness and weight loss.

If you want to lose weight, forget the Atkin's Diet, South Beach diet, and shelling over

hundreds of bucks to weight watchers! The BEST way I've ever found to lose weight is the "Raw Pork and Rancid Tuna Diet." The last time I tried this diet, I lost 15 pounds in two days.

And if you want to get in shape, just go to downtown Detroit. You're going to run there whether you want to or not!

Nik, you are correct in that there are no specific guidelines for bottled water and it could be tap water. Except - I drink distilled water and that has to be purified and de-ionized because that is how it is labeled.

Small packaging, I live alone - if I had to buy large packaging I'd be paying for a lot of stuff to go bad before I used it up. In fact, I complain as it is that they don't market things for single people.

Strollers, this is my baby - I want direct control not some remote box - psychological maybe but that's how I'd feel.

I usually only get blank stares when I think out loud -

like who figured out you could mix baking powder and flour and sugar, eggs etc and make a cake?

Who discovered music? I mean the notes on the scale and tuning the first instruments?

AHHH, UH, THAT IS THE MUSICAL QUESTION. But if you think about it, UH, music wasn't just out there to be discovered, it must have been invented but if it was always in existence, ie: birds and such ?? So was it INVENTED or was it DISCOVERED??? Good thing to ponder, I think :flowers::hug:

Also nik, this is for you. Here's a way to go to the HealthClub and not pay a penny for it. Walk or ride your bike to the Health Club. Don't go in, just turn right around and walk or ride your bike back home. That way you HAVE actually GONE TO the Heath Club , you just didn't go in. And look at all the calories you burned either walking or riding your bike. :eek: :blink:

I just realized that sometime during the day it stops being today and starts being yesterday. :hug:

Yea, but that was BEFORE :blink: :flowers:

Why do people point to their wrists when they ask for the time? I know where my watch is! Do you? When I ask where the bathroom is, I don't point to my crotch, do I?

I just realized that sometime during the day it stops being today and starts being yesterday. :hug:

Yea, but that was BEFORE :eek::flowers:

OOOPS, thought about it it and that would be tonight, I mean later. :blink:

Here's another of my inventive ideas that was met with a less than enthusiastic response.

Many car accidents are caused at busy intersections by hurried drivers who attempt to speed through a yellow light, often not entering the intersection until the light has already turned red. This is dangerous, and is - at the very least - irritating to other drivers with the right-of-way who must wait for this "all important" person to clear the intersection. The solution for this is simple:

A steam loaded steel wall which crosses the lane underneath the stop line at at intersection can be installed. When the light turns red, this wall springs upward into place, ensuring that no overly enthusiastic drivers attempt to run the red light. Obviously it will take the typical driving public a few weeks to adapt to such a mechanism, but then traffic will operate on a less dangerous level. Not bad, huh?

That'd sure keep the auto repair industry busy :) Hey, you know at a

red light, sometimes you'll see a sign saying, " No Turn on Red", What's THAT

about? I think that law about turning right at a red light was just so they could

make more signs telling you not too. :)

Edited by Jeanway