Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Doctor Pulaski

And if it meant that Picard had to kiss Riker it would have been ok if it meant that we got Jadzia and Ezri later lol

255968[/snapback]

Well thanks so much for that mental image. :) I'm going to be creeped out all week now.

256009[/snapback]

Just wait till you have the dream about it tonight... :laugh:

256015[/snapback]

:laugh: *runs away screaming* Scare.gif

256016[/snapback]

You know you'll have that dream now... lol

I have a question about Pulaski.  Other than maybe "The Child," when was pulaski ever ever rude to Data.

256031[/snapback]

From the very beginning, you sense her disrespect toward him. He is simply a machine to her and she's always making comments about "an android being offended," "an android with an ego" and smiling condescendingly and shaking her head as if to say "will wonders never cease."

The first encounter between the two has her referring to him as an "it" and calling him "data" (pronounced with a short "a" sound rather than a long one). Data corrected her pronunciation of his name and she gave that annoying little smile and laugh of hers. I found her attitude toward him really offensive ... whatever else Data is or is not, he is an officer in Starfleet and she was out of line.

That is what was so interesting about her as the season progressed ... I think she began to realize that Data was much more than the sum of his parts and she began to treat him just like any other member of the crew.

As for "The Host", it wasn't an episode that sticks out in my mind for anyting other then we first learn of Trills in it. Without "The Host" we might not have had a Jadzia Dax or an Ezri Dax. And if it meant that Picard had to kiss Riker it would have been ok if it meant that we got Jadzia and Ezri later lol

255968[/snapback]

It was kind of funny how the Trills were introduced to us though. I mean Odan was all keeping a big secret about his symbiont and then they were able to implant the symbiont in RIKER. Trills were really developed into a much more interesting species once we hooked up with Jadzia.

What's funny about the whole thing in retrospect is how Beverly and the rest of them didn't know the Trills were a joined species, while elsewhere in the universe Ben Sisko is cavorting about with Curzon Dax. He obviously knows about the joined thing and is unsurprised when Jadzia (Old Man) shows up with Curzon's symbiont and his memories.

I won't complain though ... I loved Jadzia Dax. And the whole Trill thing was a nice addition to the list of species that included Klingons, Romulans, Bajorans, etc.

Pulaski is a strong character and she certainly was rude to Data. I didn't like her at first. I went back to my files and read the scripts again and this is what I think: I think PUlaski would have been a great character is she continued on through right to Nemesis. She's the no nonsence doctor. We really see her character develop throughout the 2nd season and we do see a distinct attitude change - especially with Data.

I like Crusher too - mainly because I think she's better looking. The only thing I didn't like her was her son. There are times you can love the boy and there are times you can just hate him. I think why Dr Crusher was .... lemme find the right word... she wasn't as better developed as Pulaski because the scriptwriters didn't have it in their mind to improve her.

Well, its just my opinion.