Sign in to follow this  

I actually thought UPN had dropped this. IMO, it is a new low even for reality shows. I don't buy for a minute they intend to treat the subjects with respect - this is UPN for pete's sake - the let's appeal to the lowest common denominator in human behavior for ratings. The crowd this is aimed at wouldn't watch if it was done tastefully and with respect. I'm sure a lot of people will get a big kick out of ridiculing the way these kids were raised. These young kids will have eveything in their lives held up for public ridicule - the only group that the media would even consider treating that way would be a religious group -

zap2it

You know, if these were muslims or jews there'd be an outcry, but since they're amish it's not the same to a lot of people (sadly enough). Maybe we can (hopefully) get a broadcast station that is above all this type of crud. *crosses his fingers, tosses a coin in a well/makes a wish, rubs lucky rabbit's foot, etc*

I actually thought UPN had dropped this.  IMO, it is a new low even for reality shows. I don't buy for a minute they intend to treat the subjects with respect - this is UPN for pete's sake - the let's appeal to the lowest common denominator in human behavior for ratings.  The crowd this is aimed at wouldn't watch if it was done tastefully and with respect.  I'm sure a lot of people will get a big kick out of ridiculing the way these kids were raised.  These young kids will have eveything in their lives held up for public ridicule - the only group that the media would even consider treating that way would be a religious group -

zap2it

In some countries this is called discrimination. In most countries people wouldn't even consider the possibility of anything this offensive. How pathetic.

Well when I saw the commerical I was like maybe it would be a cool show but its reality TV its going to be bad.

Well supposedly the village elders let them do this but why? Its so dumb yhea lets have some amish people live in the same house as a party person and a student and lets do minny tasks to let me guess win prizes, or get voted off. Man its dumb it should be stoped.

Maybe we should do a protest or something, and I kinda want to know where these amish people came from, because we have a amish comunity like a hour away from my area so if there are any from there I will be ticked off.

But if this show dose get good ratings I am going to make a show called hannuka yamuka. The plot is below.

Click for Spoiler:

Hannuka yamuka is a Reality TV show that shows the ups in downs between the 2 diffrent religons of the jews and the chirstans. Hannuka Yamuka switchs a group of jewish teenagers and a group of christan teenagers and they all haft to live like the opposite religon so celebrating hanuka, for the christans, and x-mas for the jews. But it wont be all fun in games because there will be trials like spin the dradiel or who can recite the x-mas story the fastests to see who can get the special rewards or go back to your mommys or win the grand prize of 1 million dollars!!!!! :picard-sith: Remeber this show is not to make any religion look badder than the other its just so I can get more money god darnit!

Man reality TV STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently this was a major hit for UPN.

The premiere of UPN's "Amish in the City" drew solid ratings Wednesday, although CBS took the overall crown.

CBS averaged a 4.5 rating/8 share for the night, good enough to beat FOX's 3.7/7. NBC was a close third at 3.6/6, while UPN took fourth with a 3.4/6. ABC averaged 3.1/5 and The WB 1.5/3.

FOX led among adults 18-49 with a 2.7 rating. UPN was second in the demographic with a 2.4. ABC, CBS and NBC finished in a tie for third at 1.7. The WB averaged 0.8.......Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change, especially in the case of live telecasts.

from zap2it

I have to say I watched the first half hour just to see if it would be as bad as I thought. I'd have to say it was worse. The fact that it was so popular is disturbing to me. A couple of the non-Amish cast seemed to be okay but some of them displayed ignorance and rudeness the likes which I'm not used to. One of them also said something incredibly ignorant which I've been tempted to write a letter and complain about. I couldn't handle more than half an hour. If a religious conservative treated another human being the way these vapid kids treated the Amish, people would be marching in the streets to have the show taken off the air.

My cousin thought it was funny, But I did not watch it because I think it is dumb to make fun of people that get into a new enviroment. The next show probally will be based on immigrants from europe coming the the U.S. and people will make fun of them.

If these people are really Amish, I'll eat my shoe. What kind of respectable Amish family would actually participate in something as ludricous as this?

It's probably just some group of actors they found waiting table in Los Angeles who were willing to do anything they had to do to get on t.v.

Yes, this is really pathetic. I really hate reality t.v.

I can't believe that UPN stoop this low just to get ratings. The Amish are decent and fair people who wouldn't even hurt a fly. I am glad that can't watch T.V. It would have been to much for them.