Sign in to follow this  
Surok

Earthquakes

About an hour ago an earthquake struck an area in Slovenia. I felt it, but it wasn't strong here. They say it caused moderate damage where it hit.

Does anyone here have any experience with earthquakes?

We seem to be getting more and more here in Slovenia...

we just had one not too long ago here in the Chicago area (Midwestern US), where they aren't that common, but I've been in a few on the West Coast of the US. I prefere them to tornadoes.

I grew up in southern California, earthquakes are quite common there. We were far south enough though that we never had major damage.

We sometimes have light earthquakes here (it's not very common) and people always get scared and call the police. :laugh:

Stardate:214276.8

Well I live on the coast of Washington so we rarely get earthquakes here.We had one in April of 2000 that was a 6.8 which was the biggest since the 40's when I was in school at lunch.Then we had another one in July of 2002 thats was a 4. something but I barely felt that one.

No earthquakes in Florida. Lots and lots of storms though. Name a storm, and it's happened here :dude:

Nope, Houston and Southeastern Texas has one like every 100 years and it's only like 2.3 magnitude.