Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Let's Play A Game!

I like to doodle. I've been drawing my own characters for about five years now, and my style has gotten better and more refined over time.

Well, I like to draw Star Trek characters. And, uh, I never really am sure if the cartoon I draw really looks like the real person. That's where you come in. We'll play a game called "Boost Beedrill's Ego." I'll post a drawing of a character, and you can guess who that person is. After a couple of people guess, I'll post the answer and a colored version of the original picture. How does that sound? Fun? I know! And people who guess right get points. Points that don't mean anything, but points are fun!

Just to make it a little harder, I'll post the person without their uniform. The uniform would give so much away. *sigh* But they'll have their uniform in the colored pic.

So, for the first round, here's one that might not be too hard. Or maybe it will be. *shrugs* I don't know.

1641f651.jpg

So, uh, let the guessing begin!

I'm going to say Kirk because the shape of the uniform looks TOS (the pants) and the shape of the shirt's neck looks like Kirk's warp around.

Trip?

Uniforms tend to be how people pinpoint any cartoon character of Star Trek characters, just a hint :laugh: (and not just with yours, if you look around online all of them have uniforms to at least identify the timeframe/series)

Trip?

Uniforms tend to be how people pinpoint any cartoon character of Star Trek characters, just a hint  :bow: (and not just with yours, if you look around online all of them have uniforms to at least identify the timeframe/series)

So do you mean I should post them with uniforms? Like you said, it's easy to pinpoint the time frame/series with those. I kinda' didn't want it to be that easy. I mean, look! I've gotten four different series, so far. That's kinda' what I wanted. But I'm not sure what you meant when you said "just a hint."

I'll post who it is sometime tomorrow, everyone. Thanks to all who have responded so far!

I'll post who it is sometime tomorrow, everyone.  Thanks to all who have responded so far!

Just one thing, was any of the guesses right? (yes or no) :blink: :bow:

Trip?

Uniforms tend to be how people pinpoint any cartoon character of Star Trek characters, just a hint  :bow: (and not just with yours, if you look around online all of them have uniforms to at least identify the timeframe/series)

So do you mean I should post them with uniforms? Like you said, it's easy to pinpoint the time frame/series with those. I kinda' didn't want it to be that easy. I mean, look! I've gotten four different series, so far. That's kinda' what I wanted. But I'm not sure what you meant when you said "just a hint."

I'll post who it is sometime tomorrow, everyone. Thanks to all who have responded so far!

You don't need to put rank or color, but the line and style of the uniform would help place the character and make it easier to identify. :blink:

And the overwhelming response is Kirk. Well, I don't know if it's overwhelming, but that seems to be the majority vote. And... survey says:

Click for Spoiler:

5a642df3.jpg

William Riker.

I thought the beard would give it away, but I guess not. My sister, who's a good artist, told me it doesn't look like a beard. She thinks it looks like a piece of masking tape with a mouth drawn on it. 0o

TheUnicornHunter receives five fake points.

Congratulations. ^-^;;

So... if you want, go ahead and tell me what you think. Anything I could do better? Improve on?

Thanks everyone for participating in Round One. I really appreciate your input and it was fun seeing everybody's guesses. I think maybe I'll start round two tomorrow. Tomorrow's character will be a little easier. ^-^ Does anyone have any suggestions to make this better/more entertaining? TrekkieMage suggested drawing the uniform for the black and white drawing, and I might do that for the next round.

Riker was my second guess..... That is a good drawing though. :bow:

Riker was my first thought when I saw the picture, although I did guess Kirk. I thought that was a beard but wasn't sure (it looked a little like really thick lips(sorry, that's not much of an ego boost)). Anyway, nice picture, looking forward to the next one.

Riker was my second guess..... That is a good drawing though. :bow:

^-^ Thank you.

Awesome drawing...I can see it's Riker now....the color helps!
Wow, looks awesome with the color! Much easier to tell  :blink:

Thank you, and yeah, I think the color helps, too. ^-^

Riker was my first thought when I saw the picture, although I did guess Kirk. I thought that was a beard but wasn't sure (it looked a little like really thick lips(sorry, that's not much of an ego boost)). Anyway, nice picture, looking forward to the next one.

Oh, that's alright. The ego boosting thing was more of a joke. ^-^ I really like criticism. I mean, I can see my pictures the way I want them to be seen, but I can't make other people see them that way, you know? So I like to get other peoples' perspectives. That's why I'm doing this. And I nest my parentheses while I'm typing, too. ^-^ I thought I was the only one who did that, but now I know I'm not alone. ^-^;;

I see now...but your sister is right... it does not look like a beard. Nice work, and a fun thread! Congrats, TUH!