Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Finally Gave In.

After months of debating with myself over the need to begin my DS9 collection, I finally gave in and bought season 5. It was a tough call but since this one had Trials and Tribble-lations in it, I thought it was a reasonable start. Now even though I haven't watched them all yet, preferring to take it only an episode or two every other day or so, I realized that this was one year where I actually missed a number of episodes. One thing I've noticed, and it may be just my perspective on this, but it seems as if this particular year, there are a number of Ferengi episodes, or just maybe more emphasis on the Ferengis in general and Quark and Rom in particular. I don't even remember the episode when Nog returned to the station as a cadet, I seemed to have missed that one the first time around as well. Does anyone else have this same perspective or is it just me? Nothing earthshattering here, just curious.

I received Season 4 as a gift, and bought Seasons 5 and 6 recently. I was surprised at how many of the episodes I had not seen.

But I did not have the discipline to watch them slowly and deliberately. I had a DS9 marathon of my own when I was on vacation recently. I have a new respect for the depth at which they dealt with some issues in that series.

Yes, there were a number of episodes we missed from about Season 5 on ... the network that was airing DS9 started moving it around on a modulating frequency that would have stumped the Borg. You really got to the point where you would only catch the show by accidentally stumbling upon it at 2:00 in the afternoon or 2:00 in the morning.

Thank God for these DVDs ... we've got all seven seasons of DS9 and now we're working on getting all of TNG. Then we'll move on to Voyager. We don't plan to ever watch regular t.v. or cable again.

Have most of them on VHS. In process of going to DVD

Looking at the list I see several episodes that the Ferengi played a somewhat large role in:

"Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places"

"Let He Who Is Without Sin... "

"The Ascent"

"Business as Usual"

"Ferengi Love Songs"

"Empok Nor"

and "In the Cards"

That's 7 out of 26, s it's not a whole lot but I think they were good. I always enjoyed the Ferengi episodes.