Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Are Remotes Out Of Control

I don't feel so bad...the guy that invented the remote control is a little overwhelmed by them.

Story at CNN

I have three - tv and two vcr's

But when I babysit I can't work the remotes - they have a gazillion things hooked up to the tv and several remotes - cable and satellite - when you've got a five year old staring at you because you can't get the DVD to play you feel pretty worthless.

I so wish for the day when you can just hook you whole house up to one central system.

"Computer, turn on viewscreen select scifi channel" :laugh:

I am looking into gettin a three in one remote with one button to press to change from tv, to vcr, to Hi-Fi. I currently have a two in one, mainly because I needed it. It works pretty well. I couldn't stand having more than two remotes.

It's just a matter of time and everything will be run on a *smart* house system. I have my computer here tied into my x10.com cameras and can monitor any one of them at anytime I want. On the program 'This Old House' a couple years ago I watched them install a *smart* house system that will do just as your suggesting but it's all about $$.

My Algebra II teacher had this really cool music system with a CD and tape players and two gigantic speakers in his classroom. Of course, it was all controlled by a remote. I loved his classroom because it was so technological- he also had this laptop and he would play DVDs in it. The best part was that he had this projector thingy that projected the movies onto the board. But I am getting off topic. I think there have been remotes for other things too, though I am not sure what.

Good grief, I've never counted mine before :laugh:

1. TV in my room

2. TV in bedroom

3. TV in living room

4. Air conditioner in bedroom

5. Air conditioner in living room

6. DVD player in living room

7. Casette player in living room

8. My PCs TV Card

9. Radio in berdoom

10. Radio in my room

11. Radio in kitchen

Oh, my. More then I expected. I still like remote controls.

I think they shoud make remotes in different colors and everyone has their own. Or at least Pink for the girls and Blue for the boys. :laugh: