Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Microsoft Patents Borg Technology

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. :wub:

I just want to add; WOW. I thought you just were kidding at first, but then I saw the article ;) . :)

PS.: An interesting thought the Microsoft have there...

:lol:

Hey, does this mean I need to get a degree in computers just to see sick call??

Hey you guys want a medic in the woods? :lol: ;)

That is scary to think that we can do something like that! I am joining everyone else in the woods. I do not trust Microsoft.

So it was us who invented the borg. Intrsting.

Can I join u in the woods. I have an army.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:theforce:

Like everyone else I'm less than enthusiastic about this idea. I suggest we launch a pre-emptive strike a la Terminator 2.

It's kind of funny really, seeing as how Microsoft has been compared to the Borg for so long.

I have to admit, the forest is looking good, but maybe we should have this fortress under water, water and electronics don't mix!

You know, I have always joked that I was dating my laptop and not any human because I spend so much time on it. Maybe that might become a reality? :laugh: Still, I could never join you guys in the woods. I like comfort, and yes, though it might take over like the Borg, or go all V*Ger, technology.

This doesn't sound so bad, but I bet that it will just 'crash your body' and kill you or something.

...I'm out of line, aren't I...

But I don't understand just what that article says... just what does MS plan to do? Use us as a hub for I/O devices?

Nobody's gonna be plugging anything into me. Uh-uh. Forget it. Though if you scrolled down to the bottom of the article where the comment are, there's a few that were really funny.

Anyone else read that Dean Koontz book "Midnight" where the computer genius guy is experimenting on the whole town and they all either revert back to earlier life forms or become one with their computers. That's what this new technology makes me think of.

Eww.

Ouch, i'd hate to think of what would happen to someone who happened to have a device like that attached and they (somehow) came into contact with a conductive source. *bzzzzzzztttttt :picard-sith:*

I knew it, computers are going to conquer us all (if they haven't all read :o )

I'll be joining you in the woods, hide me from 3 0f 7!

NO!!!!!!!

I do not want to be assimilated with Microsoft trash.

OH God, If we could just replace the OS with Linux.....

Ok people if the microsoft empire begins to assimlate us all we can all meet up in wisconsin and hide maybe in the forests on apostile island or else we can go to canadia, and yes if you are not borg you can come join us but bring guns and other explosives weapons or swords.

:frusty: OMG Big Brother is here!!!!!! :laugh: What if you forgot to unplug yourself and you got into the shower or bathtub. :laugh: :fear: :laugh:

We need a first strick group to hit them before they can take over. We will meet in Kitsap County, Tacoma, B.C., and eastern Washington. We will cut off all thier coffee and demand they give us the CEOs so we can remove the threat the world!

Well, we have cybernetic limbs to help disabled people... What's to stop them from replacing healthy people's limbs to give them an advantage. A baseball pitcher could throw 200 mph and a runner could outrun sports cars. Me personally, I wouldn't mind seeing better, or having a blade that could appear on me. :lol:

Wow, that brings new meaning to this picture...

Bill_Gates_the_Borg.JPG

:lol:

Ooooooohhhh Scary!

Yes on preemptive strike and yes on hiding in the forest! :lol:

I never thought Microsoft would really resort to assimilation first, I was thinking Apple was going to start the collective… lol

and yes if you are not borg you can come join us but bring guns and other explosives weapons or swords.

Didn’t you hear? Resistance is futile!

Edited by BKY1701