Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

SETI

Do you help with your computer scan with the downloaded SETI@home of work program  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you help with your computer scan with the downloaded SETI@home of work program

• yes, I've found something
    • yes, I've found nothing
    • no
    • What is SETI

I have SETI@home. If you have it, tell how many units you have completed and total processing time...

I've done about 138 units and about 1285 hrs. 16 min. and 31.3 seconds.

Nope dont have it but sounds intresting if its what i think it is,mabe you can post a bit more info on it for me WAB4120 :look:

Edited by hangon

yeah i got seti 2 years ago ...sat infront of it for a few hours and said good program just i wasnt motivated enough to carry on with it....

IMO i think "out there" will be able to contact us with out seti....

all in all seti is a good idea as there is so much to filter the GOV cant handle it

didnt they alredy get contact?? few radio wave's or something like that?

I've heard they had significant events on occasion but never a repeat from the same area of space. "Proof" would be a repeating signal from the same space and on the same frequency right? :flex:

didnt they alredy get contact?? few radio wave's or something like that?

I've heard they had significant events on occasion but never a repeat from the same area of space. "Proof" would be a repeating signal from the same space and on the same frequency right? :flex:

Yes, it should be a repeating signal from the same area.

I had SETI on two of my computers, well, one was the family computer & one was mine. But both systems have subsequently been replaced, and the program has not yet been redownloaded onto either system.

In the time that I DID have that program on, I did not have anything significant on it. And since it was about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago that I had the program on the family computer, and almost a year ago on my old computer.. I do not recall how many units were completed.

You people don't realize you've................oh wait, I can't tell you, just watch "Little Green Men" on DS9, then THEY will be telling you what REALLY happened at Roswell :flex:

they have info about the Gausssians etc. on the site.

Oh and the SETI server is out of whack right now.

I run it all the time. Even now it's eating away my processing power. :laugh:

The new BIONIC client has a nice user interface.

i had it and i think it was up to something like 2 hrs or something, but i removed it cause it got boring. My friend has it on his comp still, and he's up to 7 Hours

I have it I am up to 739 hours! and 66 data quads done.

I wanted to update this. As of today I have downloaded the program and during a time I took a shower and watched to science channel I left my computer on to do whatever SETI needed to do. Still no messages from out there coming in but I feel I'm doing my part. :dude:

My total time using Seti@Home has been 2171 hours and 37 minutes (317 workunits) according to their website. But I'm not sure about BIONIC. A few days at least.

Unfortunatly no...I'd like to, but my computer can be so touchy I'm almost afraid to do too much with it...

I'd heard about that quite a while ago but had forgotten all about it, thanks for the reminder, must download it.

No i dont have SETI on my computer well hangs computer,i will have to talk with him see if he has it or not he is into that type of stuff.