Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

[S]It appears...

There is an artical up at TrekNation.com that talks about the third season and what's going to happen. Sounds like things will really be changing. Just to warn you it contains spoilers.

Did you notice the poll at the bottom

Click for Spoiler:

How would you rate 'Cogenitor'?

57.9%

9-10

13.8%

7-8

13.6%

Wasn't able to see it

6.9%

Didn't want to see it

3.6%

5-6

2.8%

1-2

1%

3-4

So we're not the only ones who like ENT

Course all of this makes me want to see it more

Click for Spoiler:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want them to change anything about the opening credits, they are just perfect as they are!!! :angry:

they better not change my theme song. its so fitting for the show. i like the change from orchestral to vocal. if you listen to the words it fits it perfect. it will be a long road from here to there, and it takes a whole lotta faith in something to do the things their gonna do. and so on and so on. :angry:

Well if the series is going to take a change, the opening has Earth all over it, since they're moving more outwards Earth shouldn't be the main thing, I think the opening should chang this coming season, remember TNG? I will admit, I use the opening to grab a drink, some food, whatever. Asd far as using clips from the first two seasons, I think that might look odd, none of the others have done that. Well what ever they do it will look cool, I know it.

see one of the things i like about the opening sequence is how original it is, i mean, yeah i like other shows' opening sequences with clips from episodes and i am sure it would work ok with ENT, but i love that it is different and has the images of earth and space travel that are relevant with now etc... and they best not change that wonderful, uplifting inspiring theme tune, it is perfection and should remain as it is!!!! :angry: lol

Here's my projections

Click for Spoiler:

Since the third season looks like it could get into "war" territory. They might change the imagery to reflect war instead of exploration.

Oi aint no boid, oim a FOOZLE!

see one of the things i like about the opening sequence is how original it is, i mean, yeah i like other shows' opening sequences with clips from episodes and i am sure it would work ok with ENT, but i love that it is different and has the images of earth and space travel that are relevant with now etc... and they best not change that wonderful, uplifting inspiring theme tune, it is perfection and should remain as it is!!!!  :laugh:  lol

yeah the images, and whole opening sequence just works so great, it shows all the first voyages into the unknown, which is what the series is about. from the wooden ships to the space shuttle. and yeah the theme is an uplifting song, and also about voyages into whatever your doing. i think its perfect so i hope they dont change it too much, or preferably not at all. alos it is original, not just another space shot, and same old same old, it fresh. dont fix what isnt broke.

Click for Spoiler:

Ok...I really like the idea of a 'steady' mission. It seems like season 3 will be awesome. I hope that they don't change the theme song. I've been acustomed to hearing it while getting my popcorn out of the microwave and searching for that last coke in the fridge. :laugh:

I agree the words to the opening song fits the theme but I liked what is called the "alternate intro" better. It "said" the same thing without the words and I thought said it better.

I was walking through Publix one night and heard the current theme song on the speakers - I kept thinking where have I heard that song before.

No, Leave the credits alone. I still think that the credits are great the way they are.

Click for Spoiler:

As for the change in plot line, I just hope they do not keep Enterprise as a war type vessel. I have always liked that exploration was the primary goal, not war.

Click for Spoiler:

As for the change in plot line, I just hope they do not keep Enterprise as a war type vessel.  I have always liked that exploration was the primary goal, not war.

Gotto agree with you there - that's why I lost interest in DS9

I mean the primary mission of Starfleet has always been "to seek out new life and new civilizations and to boldly go where no one has gone before." To to seek out new life and blow them to bits.

I completely concur with the non-war approach to Enterprise. Although I like lots of action (and asserting battles into episodes makes that happen), I hope the writers can find the right balance of drama and action to keep things interesting.

I agree. I do like action, but just as long as it does not result in compromising the character of Starfleet.

There's always been a small controversy of what the nature and role of Star Fleet really is. Is it a military organization? Or is it an exploratory organization? I think it's both.

it obviously both, any organization can have a primary objective, and a secondary objective. in starfleets case its exploration first,(supposedly, probably), defensive,offensive second. they obviously need to be prepared to defend themselves, and occasionaly go on the offensive, as seen throughout the different series. there really shouldnt be any argument over that. IMHO :innocent:

I believe this issue is at the heart of the New Direction ENT is taking. Up till The Expanse the mission has been one of peace and exploration but the need for a military posture is looming on the horizon. :innocent: