Sign in to follow this  
removed

Pulp Fiction

I just watched Pulp Fiction today for the first time in a very long time.

Don't ya just love it??

Bill isn't the man... Quentin Tarantino is the man! A movie with so much crude content, foul language, gratuitous violence... that is absolutely amazing. Samuel L. Jackson rocks in this movie. I would quote him, but I doubt that there is any sentence he says in the movie that would be appropriate for her. Lol. Oh except for his Bible passage: Ezekiel 25:17. Bruce Willis also really shines and although they are both only in one scene, Tarantino and Christopher Walken are excellent.

Everything about this movie rocks... well... except for

Click for Spoiler:

the... rape scene. That was just too disturbing for me.

9.5/10 (.5 taken off for the aforementioned completely pointless gross-out scene.)

Who else loves this movie?

I love that movie myself, the only part that I didn't care for was the dance scene with John Travolta and Uma Thurman. I would really like to know what's glowing inside of that case they carry around. :laugh: :unsure:

Yeah pulp fiction is one of my fav movies i loved it and watch it now and again,my fav part is when they stick up the resturant the womens lines are just to cool. :unsure:

I havent seen it,whats it about?

You never seen it :laugh: its a good film,its done in short storys but it is very violent film but worth watching luthien,it stars john travolta,samuel jackson,urma therma,bruce willis and a few more famous actors :blink:

Edited by hangon

I should point out that it is quite violent, crude, and basically offensive in every way. Lol. Normally, it would be a lot with the f-word being said over 700 times, but with Quentin Tarantino, it seems more... poetic... ? Lol. It has great dialogue. Just not a very... family friendly film.

It's basically a collection of short stories that intertwine with one another at some points. One is about John Travolta taking out Uma Thurman, a criminal boss' wife, to dinner, the next is about a boxer who cheats out the criminal boss and tries to flee town, and the last is about an accidental shooting of a guy by John Travolta and the clean-up.

Don't think it is overly-serious though. It's full of laughs!

I had been wondering about the change in your avatar, bysty. I recognized Samuel L. Jackson, one of my favorite actors.

One of the films I have not been brave enough to see him in is Pulp Ficiton.

I should point out that it is quite violent, crude, and basically offensive in every way. Lol. Normally, it would be a lot with the f-word being said over 700 times, but with Quentin Tarantino, it seems more... poetic... ? Lol. It has great dialogue. Just not a very... family friendly film.

It's basically a collection of short stories that intertwine with one another at some points. One is about John Travolta taking out Uma Thurman, a criminal boss' wife, to dinner, the next is about a boxer who cheats out the criminal boss and tries to flee town, and the last is about an accidental shooting of a guy by John Travolta and the clean-up.

Don't think it is overly-serious though. It's full of laughs!

I don't think "Pulp Fiction" is violent, crude, or offensive. (Well- it may be violent) It is a very intelligent and sensitive film, that draws on many different aspects of the cinema. Tarantino knows his motion picture history, so be prepared to get a short course during his movies. His films encompass everyone from Godard and Fellini to Russ Meyer and Shaft.

I don't want to turn this into Tarantino 101- I'll just say he's a smart filmmaker, who knows more about movies than any of ever will.

If you liked Pulp Fiction you'll love ' Resovior Dogs" and ' Magnolia' { Not Steel Magnolis} that's a very DIFFERENT kind of movie.