Sign in to follow this  
shinzonfan

Aliens

:alien: Does anyone believe there are really aliens out there? Do you think they ever visited earth? I believe there are other species out there, but as far as them ever coming to earth, I don’t think so. I don’t believe there was a ship that crashed in Roswell and I don’t believe people are abducted, experimented on, and then returned here with their memories wiped out. What do you guys think?

I think whether aliens exist is whether life is commonplace - or just a happenstance. I tend to believe life is not uncommon. If aliens did exist, they probably have observed us, but I don't believe any conspiricies or that aliens crash landed. Not that aliens haven't visited us, but that I think we wouldn't have a clue if they did.

I say it's 50/50 chance of aliens being out there. There's no evidence for or against their existance. Also, most "alien" stories have been non-convincing as far as I am concerned.

The only "alien" story that's sounded convincing to me, is the supposed crash near Roswell back in 1947. :tear:

I believe there are aliens out there. I actually find it a little egotistical of human to believe otherwise. The universe is huge and we only have knowledge of a very, very, very small portion of it. To say that Earth is the only planet where life was formed is unbelievable in my opinion.

I believe there are aliens out there.  I actually find it a little egotistical of human to believe otherwise.  The universe is huge and we only have knowledge of a very, very, very small portion of it.  To say that Earth is the only planet where life was formed is unbelievable in my opinion.

I agree. There's no proof either way, but I don't think it's egotystical to think there's no alien life. However, it would be if someone tried to say there is no alien life. :tear:

I believe there are aliens out there.  I actually find it a little egotistical of human to believe otherwise.  The universe is huge and we only have knowledge of a very, very, very small portion of it.  To say that Earth is the only planet where life was formed is unbelievable in my opinion.

I agree. There's no proof either way, but I don't think it's egotystical to think there's no alien life. However, it would be if someone tried to say there is no alien life. :idea:

:tear:

OK, what did I say that was confusing? :idea:
There's no proof either way, but I don't think it's egotystical to think there's no alien life.  However, it would be if someone tried to say there is no alien life

First you say it wouldn't be egotistical to think there is no alien life and then you say it would be to say there is no alien life. Does that make sense to you? How is it different to think something and not say it compared to thinking it and saying it? Your first sentence totally contradicts your second. :tear::D

Yes - I believe there is life in the universe besides us

No - I don't believe in alien kidnappings - saw a great possible explanation for this once.

I am such a total geek - I got this book from the library once about a conference convened to conduct a scientific analysis of UFO's; it also referenced something called the bluebook project with the Air Force. Anyway there are some definite unexplained phenomena; although the source may be closer to home.

Still, as the book pointed out we don't have an organization that uses scientific principles to investigate. There were one or two incidents in the book that made me wonder.

There are some real hokey programs on tv about aliens too but I've seen a couple that were more investigative; like airplane pilots who saw things they couldn't explain but would never go on record because of their careers.

One thing I'm certain of - something happened in Roswell - maybe the alien part only meant Russian but goodness I'd really like to know what happened.

OK, what did I say that was confusing? :tear:
There's no proof either way, but I don't think it's egotystical to think there's no alien life.  However, it would be if someone tried to say there is no alien life

First you say it wouldn't be egotistical to think there is no alien life and then you say it would be to say there is no alien life. Does that make sense to you? How is it different to think something and not say it compared to thinking it and saying it? Your first sentence totally contradicts your second. :D:bow:

I ment, it's one thing to have an opinion, and another to make a claim. :idea:

i wholly agree that it is the AROGANCE OF MAN TO BELEIVE THAT IN THIS VAST UNIVERSE CREATED BY GOD

THAT WE HUMANS OF EARTH ARE THE ONLY ONES OUT THERE, also as most S.E.T.I. scientists beleive that there is life out there, but theres no way they can be more advanced than us thus theres no way they couldve ever, or ever visit us. only in OUR AROGANCE CAN WE BELEIVE THAT WE ARE THE SOLE, OR SUPREME, OR EQUAL BEINGS OF THE UNIVERSE. i also never got the whole idea that all these very religous people would just lose all faith, and their beleifs if aliens were ever proven to be real. where in the bible or anywhere else does it say GOD CREATED ONLY MAN ON EARTH, AND NO ONE ELSE IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE THAT HE CREATED. if we were it, why would he create the universe as it is. it all comes down to the arogant and egotistical idea we have of ourselves. i beleive we are not alone in the universe, and i beleive they have visited us, there are way too many claims and sightings by sane rational people, to dismiss ALL of them as "scientifically explainable". WELL thats my humble opinion. whats yours?

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER :tear:

OK, what did I say that was confusing? :D

First you say it wouldn't be egotistical to think there is no alien life and then you say it would be to say there is no alien life. Does that make sense to you? How is it different to think something and not say it compared to thinking it and saying it? Your first sentence totally contradicts your second. :bow: B)

I ment, it's one thing to have an opinion, and another to make a claim. :bow:

Well I ain't a Betazoid!!! :tear::idea:

OK, what did I say that was confusing? :tear:

First you say it wouldn't be egotistical to think there is no alien life and then you say it would be to say there is no alien life. Does that make sense to you? How is it different to think something and not say it compared to thinking it and saying it? Your first sentence totally contradicts your second. B) B)

I ment, it's one thing to have an opinion, and another to make a claim. :bow:

Well I ain't a Betazoid!!! :bow: B)

Sorry! :idea::D

You mean that Romulans and Klingons aren't real? haha

Seriously though, with so many planets and such a large universe I'm sure there are other species. Lets hope they're similar to Star Trek aliens and not some funky green guys with gigantic eyes no clothes :tear:

lol, crims :idea:

I think that if we managed to become sentient, there's certainly know reason why the same thing couldn't happen on some planet...somewhere...(we need a dreaming smilie. And while we're at it, a homer-drooling smilie and uhurariker requests a tearing your hear out smilie :tear:)

And while we're at it, a homer-drooling smilie and uhurariker requests a tearing your hear out smilie :idea:)

I'm still looking for that. :tear:

lol, crims :idea:

I think that if we managed to become sentient, there's certainly know reason why the same thing couldn't happen on some planet...somewhere...(we need a dreaming smilie. And while we're at it, a homer-drooling smilie and uhurariker requests a tearing your hear out smilie :tear:)

dont forget the "evil grin smile" lol

ok where did you get those smiles i dont see them on my screen when im typing a post. come on now share your secret.

ok where did you get those smiles i dont see them on my screen when im typing a post. come on now share your secret.

lol. I know lots of smilie sites .1037816576.gif And I use emotipad.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are others living in the universe,and I base this on common sense. If only 1/4 of the stars we can see has planetary systems than the chances are still in the millions that some planets support life.

I think there is intelligent alien life out there, but whether they have visited us? I'll keep an open mind on that one.

Of course I believe there is alien life out there...I mean that is one of the many reasons I like trek so much, they are exploring and meeting new worlds and species...and besides my favorite character wasn't born on Earth!

i wholly agree that it is the AROGANCE OF MAN TO BELEIVE THAT IN THIS VAST UNIVERSE CREATED BY GOD

THAT WE HUMANS OF EARTH ARE THE ONLY ONES OUT THERE, also as most S.E.T.I. scientists beleive that there is life out there, but theres no way they can be more advanced than us thus theres no way they couldve ever, or ever visit us. only in OUR AROGANCE CAN WE BELEIVE THAT WE ARE THE SOLE, OR SUPREME, OR EQUAL BEINGS OF THE UNIVERSE. i also never got the whole idea that all these very religous people would just lose all faith, and their beleifs if aliens were ever proven to be real. where in the bible or anywhere else does it say GOD CREATED ONLY MAN ON EARTH, AND NO ONE ELSE IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE THAT HE CREATED. if we were it, why would he create the universe as it is. it all comes down to the arogant and egotistical idea we have of ourselves. i beleive we are not alone in the universe, and i beleive they have visited us, there are way too many claims and sightings by sane rational people, to dismiss ALL of them as "scientifically explainable". WELL thats my humble opinion. whats yours?

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER :laugh:

Number One, I believe in God... to much proof not to deny him. Number Two, I believe in Aliens.... is it too farfetched of an idea that they is more than us in the universe... I think it is stupid to say no because we have no idea, as in the fact we have no idea that God does exist. Those who believe in God believe through faith not fact...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen." -- Hebrews 11:1

There are also many mysteries in our world / universe that will never be revealed to us by the 'ignorance of man', we are too caught up in war and in the future of ourselfs that it seems that Armaggedom will happen. The only way that we can continue as a human race is to coexhist in a peaceful spceity not by the means of a human or a superhuman claiming to be from a celestial person. We need to prove ourselves to God that we are a society that can dwel by ourselves without leadership, but through organization. Once this is done then the doomsday prophecy of revelations will be excluded from our lifes. Our eyes will be then fully opened to our true destiny, as to whatever that is, maybe it is to discover and travel through the heavens and space. What is needed to explore space is WORLD DEDICATION, not WORLD DIVISION.

Only till we develop a more perferct society and a deep space ship, is when we can find out the answer if something is 'OUT THERE.' But we first as a society need to find mutal peace in ourselves and with others.

2 things to say:

1. Most Trekkies are aethists, so get ready for people to ask ya not to preach! :laugh:

2. I believe, from a Christian view, that there is nothing man can do about Reveleations - the end times. It will happen. Again, this is a Christian view. :blink:

Sorry for the preaching, I am not an explimtary Christian myself, heck people shouldnt look as me as an example of Christianty becuase my lifestyle isnt all up to the holy approach. I just like believing in it becuase it makes my life a little more stable and I think about God before I do all the crazy sh** that I do (sorry for the bleeped out word) :laugh:

Most Trekkies are aethists, so get ready for people to ask ya not to preach!

Captain Jean-Luc Picard that’s not really true.

That’s like saying everyone that watches the TV show (I only saw it once) that has a Democrat President and so shows a lot of Democrat views are Democrats. In fact it really is split in how many Republicans and how many Democrats watch the show (for the most part). And I can assume from your statement that you really are just assuming that and have not really looked at any kind of stats. And ST does not really focus on religion in general. What you are saying is not true at all. Don’t just assume.

Anyways,

I do believe that there are intelligent life forms out there. Maybe they never visited Earth or anything to that nature. And there is probably no government cover up. (But you never know)

But yes there has to be life out there. There is no way - it is improbable that we are the only ones out there. The universe is a very very large place and for some magical thing to make life only on one planet that is orbiting an ordinary star is not possible. There has to be life on other planets in other solar systems.

And to quote a phrase “It would be an awful waste of space,” if we are the only ones out there.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

1. Most Trekkies are aethists, so get ready for people to ask ya not to preach! :laugh:

Not true. I know many, many Christian Trekkies (myself included). It's just that there is a time and place for everything, including preaching. IMO, this board is not the place to preach. :blink: