Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Everyone Will Hate Me For This, But...

Tim, the leader of saveenterprise.com said in the chat:
forget Cannon and the timeline..

It's hard to put a lot of stock in the words of a person who can't even spell them properly. :blink:

I don't believe that's Tim's misspelling. I believe that's Harry's misspelling.

Many people are saying "I don't care if ENT screws things up..." However, people who actually like to follow the timeline don't like Ent...

I think most people would rather have the writers spend time making the stories as exciting and interesting as possible, something that they are succeeding in.

As for continuity and timelines, I am starting to think that there are a few people out there who would have liked to see WW3 start in the 1990's so that it corrolated to a throw-away line from Space Seed. lol

Many people are saying "I don't care if ENT screws things up..." However, people who actually like to follow the timeline don't like Ent...

I think most people would rather have the writers spend time making the stories as exciting and interesting as possible, something that they are succeeding in.

As for continuity and timelines, I am starting to think that there are a few people out there who would have liked to see WW3 start in the 1990's so that it corrolated to a throw-away line from Space Seed. lol

Yeah, there's a lot of things from the older series that don't fit the timeline or don't quite add up. The frustrating thing is that some people watch a season or 2 of a newer series like Voyager and maybe a season or 2 of TNG or DS9 then think know what Star Trek "Is" or "Should Be" and try to speak for the entire Star Trek community.

Well, I for one have been watching Star Trek for over 30 years and I like to follow the timeline. I also Really, Really like Enterprise and see no major deviation from the timeline. In fact I see TPTB trying hard to stick to the timeline.

Okay, you're entitled to your opinion but how is this prove that Enterprise isn't canon? So what if the leader of SaveEnterprise says forget canon and the timeline. That's his opinion and that hardly proves the series isn't canon.

If Rick Berman or Brannon Braga says it isn't canon that's a different story but anyone of us can say whatever we want but that doesn't make it true.

I have no problem with your opinion I just don't think it's fair to call it conclusive proof.

I read a "interview" that B&B did before the show started....at first the concept was going to be "birth of the federation"...and in the interview...they said that after TNG,DS9,Voy...they were tired of the same old style of writing...that they wanted to do something new! creative! more contempary....so we got "enterprise"...I thing they just hi-jacked the StarTrek mythlogy...but it's real sad ....this has completely left the track.....and still going...TOS,TNG all of it...out-the-window.....oh well...at-least it free's them up as writers so they can tell new stories...new alians...ARCHER alone will forge a "Empire"...or sorry...a united federation of planets....just because he has foreknowledge of the future...and someone is coming back and telling him what to do to make it happen! so much for the will of the collective races coming together because it's in their common interest...now it's like if You or me had to go back in time and "convence" our parents to mate...so we could be born....that's sad. AS for canon.....I think TOS should be followed as the "old testiment" most of those shows were supervised by Gene Rodenberry and the first TNG shows they all show good "continuity"...why? because Gene was at the helm! When asking if it's canon? you should start with TOS, then go in order....now somethings in TOS has been out-dated..and must be revised...those things are the one's that are up-for grabs! But Enterprise..breaks all the rules.

now somethings in TOS has been out-dated..and must be revised...those things are the one's that are up-for grabs! But Enterprise..breaks all the rules.

Which rules were broken? Keep in mind that during the days of TOS the Timeline wasn't adhered to as strictly as it is today. You can go back to TOS and find a lot of holes and divergences.

Tim, the leader of saveenterprise.com said in the chat:
forget Cannon and the timeline..

So, us Trekkies who follow the timeline hate Enterprise!!! I am not saying you shouldn't like Enterprise, but it DOES contradict the timeline, even the FOUNDER AND LEADER OF SAVEENTERPRISE.COM AGREES!!!

Click for Spoiler:

killent2-big.jpg

Note to mod: Everyone is entitled an opinion... please don't delete this...

If you were trying to get a picture and link of SaveEnterprise.com, here it is (Tim's site):

Click for Spoiler:

top_main2.jpg
missionstatement.gif

Here's a link to KillEnterprise.com, which is what Harry's picture is from... *grumbles*

Click for Spoiler:

killent2-big.jpg
Star Trek™ Enterprise should be cancelled!

It was to be predicted that the Berman & Braga duo won't be able to keep their promise and show us the world known from previous series with more primitive technology. Unfortunately, Voyager™ has already shown that they can't come up with good ideas anymore. Enterprise has surprised us in that it's even worse than everyone had expected. The Star Trek™ canon has been ignored on numerous occasions, and the better episodes are merely bad copies of ideas from previous ST series. We ask the makers of this Trek abomination: "Finish this and spare us from watching this mockery of Star Trek™ universe".

There's actually some ENTers who post there supporting Enterprise, like I've seen Tim post there supporting the continuation of ENT.

And some others, like Tom Servo, Admiral Electricbolt, Archer and etc...lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

According to Trek "canon" time is fluid and subject to fluctuations. I agree with Nem, canon is whatover the producer's say it is.

ENT isn't perfect and I wish certain things had been done differently but I didn't want it to be cancelled. And I seriously believe if it doesn't improve in ratings it may be the end of Trek and I don't think any of us want that.

First of all Enterprise has done a fine job in keeping continuity intact, I hear people say "The Feringi should not have been on they were not first seen until TNG!" Thats true, the Federation met the Feringi for the first time, but on Enterprise Archer and the crew have no idea what name the aliens were when they took over the ship so as far as Starfleet is concerned the Feringi was first seen by Picard's Enterprise when in reality it was Archer's Enterprise, they just didn't know they were feringi!

Enterprise is very much canon and there has not been one shred of proof otherwise.

Enterprise has become a great Star Trek show and after this past season has proven that they are just as good a story as any other Star Trek series.

For the folks that don't like it there is a very simple concept you must learn "Don't watch it!"

I look forward to next season and the next 3 seasons to follow it.

You know what? I don't think I care one way or the other - we have Enterprise. We have an intelligent, well written piece of drama that is employing actors and writers unlike the cheap reality tv crap that is crammed down our throats most of the week and that frankly insults the slightly above amoeba-like viewer. I was raised on Trek. I love Trek. And compared to what else is on offer Enterprise is still one of the best things out there - long may it prosper!

I know that I'm new here but if I may I have a few random thoughts on this.

The timeline has been wrecked sp many times before Enterprise that I wonder how fans of Star Trek can get so worked up by messing with the timeline. All it takes to fix things is all it ever did. One worm hole or rift in space or a Q to show up.

Most all of the Star Trek ships bare a resemblance to each other. I always find it to sort of a last straw thing when they go for the ship design. I could argue that the shuttle craft look to much a like too.

I can understand that you don't like the show and I respect your opinion but if you don't like it don't watch. As I have said many times on a different forum that I post on it's a waste of time to try and convince people that like the show to stop watching it. I have yet to hear from someone that liked it and stopped because of one of these posts.

Any / everything in Star Trek can be explained in or out of the show. It just depends which side you want to be on.

I too was not a big Voyager fan but it never occurred to me to try to get others not to watch it. I just went out side and mowed the grass or something.

What Tim meant by that was that if your one of those people that are going to set down with your mind made up that you are not going to like it. If because of some time line issue you have prejudged it already, you have your mind made up not to like it.

If that quote was taken from the chat with Tim and there is a spelling error on his part, if I had 20 + people asking me questions and I was answering as fast as I could I would have been worse then that I imagine.

Edited by fatheadcookie

I officially omit all previous comments in this topic and request that it be closed... It seems that Enterprise has won...