Sign in to follow this  
archerfan

What Did Odo Find Out About His Species?

I have been watching DS9 for the first time and somehow I missed the episode where Odo found his people and didn't like what he found. Can anyone give me some details about what happend? I would really appreciate it.

Here is the basics of what he found:

Click for Spoiler:

Odo's people are the founders that control the dominion. They are determined that "solids" cannot be trusted and should live to serve them.

So the Dominion are the jem hadar warriors right? Do the shapeshifters appear as solids on the show? What do they look like? Do they look the same all the time?

Actually the shape shifters usually remain in "The Great Link" which appears as a great ocean of fluid. In actuality it is all the shape shifters in their natural fluidic state existing as "one." They do have the ability to take solid "bipedal" form but usually don’t for any significant amount of time. And they look similar to the way that Odo looks now.

The Dominion is controlled by the Vorta and the shape shifters. The soldiers of the Dominion are the Jem'Hadar a genetically engineered race who are controlled by their engineered addiction to a substance called Ketrocel White.

I sort of remember that, even though I was really never a die hard DS9 fan. He went to his people and they were in liquid form, they came out to try to talk with him to try to convince him to come home. It was a beautiful episode, that's why I remembered it. Then when he returned to DS9 he decided he wasn't going to sleep in his bucket anymore :wub: What was THAT about anyway???? :( It's been a while, I may have left something out :tear: :(

Edited by Jeanway

Thanks ddillard and shadow figment. That really clarified things for me. I must have missed that episode recently because I saw the episode were Odo had his new quarters. Darn it. oh well I have TIVO now and that should take care of missing episodes! :tear:

The first episode that we see the Founders is the first episode of the third season, it's a 2 part episode called "The Search". It's also the first episode that DS9 has the Defiant.

The Dominion is controlled by the Vorta and the shape shifters.

That's not quite the case, though it could be viewed that way. It's the Founders that control the Dominion and it's the Vorta deliver their orders. It's the Jem'Hadar that enforce their orders.

If you were to break it down into a chain of command it would be like this:

The Founders (Which are the shapeshifters)

The Vorta

The Jem'Hadar

Think of it in terms of how our own governments work. The Founders are the Government of the Dominion (President, Senate and House of Reps etc). The Vorta are the Diplomats and Military Generals and the Jem'Hadar are the Soldiers.