Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Star Trek, The Movie, Uniforms

I hadn't really taken notice of the uniforms before until someone put up a thread about it a few weeks ago. I voted but i'm darned if I can remember which one I voted for. But today as I watched the First Star Trek movie again, I was really struck with the simplicy of them. Of course everyone was alot younger and their bodies were, um, well, very nice. { Did I say too much? :biggrin: } but anyway, they are white with Navy and white StarFeet insignia and details. The shirt comes down on the sides and it has a rounded kind of a slit up the side, it's very nice. Everyone's pants were really tight though, anyone notice that? And Ilea, she was gorgeous, what ever happened to her anyway. On her bald WAS beautiful. I 've used the term " Carbon based life forms or units" often. :clap: She was the probe in a form we could communicate with. And when Decker joined with Ilea/V ger at the end, WHOA! :biggrin: THAT WAS REALLY SOMETHING. Do you think that was the beginning of the BORG??? :naughty: :biggrin: :naughty:

Edited by Jeanway

Ilea played by Peris Khambatta passed away in 1998, I'm not sure about how but I believe it was cancer :naughty: she was too young.

At least the world got to see her in her finest moment in the move as Ilea.

The costumes in all the TOS movies were jamming it's too bad that some of the fashions didn't didn't catch on to our every day dress but on the other hand with most of the US population so overweight maybe not :biggrin:

Edited by livlonganprospe

She did? Oh man :naughty:, that sucks bunches, i have the TMP:Directors Edition ST:Magazine special section on her and i don't think it said anything about that, bummer :biggrin:. Btw, why doesn't anyone wear duty uniforms (other then in enterprise) that have pockets? Doesn't anyone get an urge now and then to just shove their hands into something, if not for warmth (considers ST:6)? :biggrin:

She died? :tear: Rest in Peace Dear Peris, we love you :(

Edited by Jeanway

Yeah I agree Jeanway..I'm a big fan of the uniforms in this movie..And of the whole movie really..At the time a lot of people didn't like it..trekkies included..But I always liked it and the uniforms looked really cool...

I didn't know that about the actress who played Illia..That's sad..She was great in that movie..

I hate those uniforms, especially McCoy's (looks like a disco outfit). The later TOS movie uniforms were much nicer and pretty much every other uniform in Star Trek history are nicer (with the possible except of the early TNG seasons with the goofy stripe on the shoulders and the lower collar). The TMP uniforms are just too bland for my tastes, needed more colour which every other uniform had.

I rather like those uniforms even thought the STII uniforms ar emy favorites. I really like the Admiral's uniform kirk was wearing in the beginning of the film.

The TMP uniforms make me regergitate profusely. It is certainly how the phrophets feel. I am sure they were not consulted about this 1st so the federation was not guided by their artistic skills.

This is hilarious, especially coming from someone who cannot even spell "prophet" in their signature. :laugh: Sorry T'Son, I could not resist, especially since I do not follow the prophets at all.

The uniforms were not the greatest, but whatever. I never really cared what Spock... I mean the crew... wears because he will look handsome... I mean they will look good... in anything. :bow:

The uniforms were not the greatest, but whatever. I never really cared what Spock... I mean the crew... wears because he will look handsome... I mean they will look good... in anything.  :laugh:

lol, I double that! :bow:

The uniforms were not the greatest, but whatever. I never really cared what Spock... I mean the crew... wears because he will look handsome... I mean they will look good... in anything.  :o

lol, I double that! :laugh:

We need to get together and decide which uniform we want Spock to wear most. Hmmm... this should be interesting... :bow: