Presented by Paramount Pictures™

Starring Denise Crosby

Directed by Roger Nygard

Produced by Michael Leahy

Neo Art & Logic

8315 Beverly Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90048 USA

TREKKIES 2: More Is More

Once wasn’t enough! Since we completed TREKKIES, we have been inundated with fascinating stories about the FANtastic, FANatical FANs of the greatest science-fiction show in television history. We had an amazing adventure meeting and interviewing hundreds and hundreds of Star Trek fans for TREKKIES, but we didn’t venture beyond the borders of the United States and Canada. This time, in addition to following up on some of our original profilees and finding a few new ones in the states, we’re going to travel to several countries around the world (see News for details).

Additionally, our goal in producing a follow-up to Trekkies is partly to respond to the concerns some Star Trek fans voiced about the first film. One thing we would like to do better is present more of the charitable side of Trek fandom, seeing this in action, and observing and hearing more of the stories of how fans donate their time, money, and other efforts to better their communities.

We are open to all opinions, including any critiques of the first film—we want to know what you think! If anybody we encounter has a strong opinion, pro or con, we will give them an opportunity to make it. Our aim is to produce a film that is fun and informative for everybody involved. We all know Star Trek is just a TV show. But it was an extraordinary show, that has spawned the most massive following ever—partly due to it’s positive messages.

There truly are other sides of Star Trek fandom that still deserve to be shown. Star Trek fandom knows no borders, and we’ll further investigate just how this television show has permeated the human psyche worldwide.

Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar from STNG) will attend conventions with a camera crew and she’s looking for YOU! We want to talk to more fans of the greatest television phenomenon in history. If you have a FANtastic story to tell, contact us, send us a tape , or come to one of the conventions we will be attending.

You can contact Denise Crosby and director Roger Nygard at: info@trekkies2.com

-- http://www.trekkies2.com/

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I loved the first one,it was very funny.I do admit that geeky kid with his own style uniform weirded me out.

I look forward to seeing Trekkies 2!

I think VaBeachGuy should drop them a line and let them know about this website. Most people who are looking to contact Trek fans unfortunately go to StarTrek.com first, and they're impressions from the message boards and chat rooms there can't be a good one. If the producers of Trekkies2 want to meet and interact with Trek fans who are capable of agreeing to disagree and can have intelligent conversations about Trek, well, this is the place to be. Waddaya say VaBeachGuy?

I still can't wait to see the first one!

Yes you can!!! I have it on videotape. There are parts that are funny but they concentrated so much on a lunatic fringe that it made us all look bad!! It will be interesting to see what type of cooperation they get for Trekkies 2. I recall reading an article posted by VBG about a documentary that Eugene Roddenberry Jr. was making about Trekdom (but I can't find it right now). In the article it said that a lot of the actors and fans felt betrayed by Trekkies and that was why Mr. Roddenberry Jr. was making his documentary - to set things right.

I think VaBeachGuy should drop them a line and let them know about this website.  Most people who are looking to contact Trek fans unfortunately go to StarTrek.com first, and they're impressions from the message boards and chat rooms there can't be a good one.  If the producers of Trekkies2 want to meet and interact with Trek fans who are capable of agreeing to disagree and can have intelligent conversations about Trek, well, this is the place to be.  Waddaya say VaBeachGuy?

That's a good idea, maybe we can get them to come on here and we'll all have a Live chat.

This is from the Trekkies 2 website. If you want to contact them this is what they are asking for. (If you e-mail them, mention STARTREKFANS.NET. It'd be too cool to see the site in a movie lol)

Tell us stories about your "Star Trek™" fandom. Maybe we will be able to visit you for an interview. We may also post selected stories here. (Please note if you do not want your e-mail address or name listed on this Website.)

Here's the e-mail address for Trekkies 2: info@trekkies2.com

'Trekkies 2' Takes New Course

Author: Michael Hinman

Date: 04-29-2003

Source: SyFy Portal

There is one thing that is definitely for sure about "Trekkies," the 1997 documentary that took an inside look at Star Trek fans: either you loved it or you hated it.

Well, no matter what way you feel, filmmaker Roger Nygard said he hopes you'll be back again to see the followup to the original as he and Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar, "Star Trek: The Next Generation") begin work on a sequel the same time that another documentary is already underway.

"Our approach is not one to set out for any sort of theme or propaganda," Nygard recently told SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman. "We're not setting out with a message that Trekkies are weird, or Trekkies are wonderful. Our agenda is to go out and show that they exist just in their own words, and let the viewers find for themselves."

Work begins this weekend in Europe for the "Trekkies 2" crew with financial backing from Paramount Classics, which not only distributed the first documentary, but also owns the rights to Star Trek. The first film featured fans from different walks of life, including dentists who run a Star Trek-themed office in Orlando, a woman in Little Rock, Ark. who served on the Whitewater jury in a Starfleet uniform, and a young man who spent part of the film complaining about minor imperfections in a hand-made Starfleet uniform.

Nygard said that he definitely wants to go back and catch up with some of these people from the old days.

"We plan on talking to the ones who sort of become stars since the documentary," Nygard said. "Gabriel Koerner (the young man with the uniform problems) was cast on the 'Drew Carey' show twice, and has some interesting stories to tell us of his adventures in the last seven years. Him and his father (Richard) are working at something they are hoping will top themselves, and you'll see it in the documentary."

Also expected to make a return is that Whitewater juror, Barbara Adams, who is now working with the Humane Society in Arkansas. And they also will catch up with David Greenstein, to find out if he ever had the plastic surgery on his ears to make them pointed.

But they aren't going to stop there.

"Our second aspect of the film is to find new people," Nygard said. "I have a stack, a file of e-mails that people have sent in over the past six years since the first film came out telling about their lives. They are interested in Star Trek, and expressed their passion for Star Trek."

Nygard said he also was going to take a strong look at foreign fans, which is why he and Crosby are on a European tour right now, trying to find some fresh faces for the new documentary.

"One specific area I would like to address is how Star Trek fans show their efforts toward charity," Nygard said. "That's a great thing to take part in, and those are great stories."

Nygard said he's well aware of the backlash that resulted from the previous documentary, but he's basically unapologetic. Different people look at the same film in different ways, he said, and it's difficult to please everyone.

"All that does is tell me that we were successful," Nygard said. "It got them thinking and talking. If everyone is a 'yes man' or 'yes woman,' there is no spark. One thing I would like to do this go around is find the people that felt negatively about the first film, and give them an opportunity to present their point of view on the subject."

While the fans seemed extreme in the first film, Nygard said that most of that was on purpose.

"Some people backhanded us a little bit with the common complaint that we didn't show more normal people," he said. "My first answer to them is who gets to decide what's normal? Everybody has a different opinion. Whatever makes somebody happy, it's OK, as long as it doesn't hurt somebody else. That's why I don't apologize for showing some of the more extreme fans, beacuse they exist.

"What we do is make an analogy with sports fans. If you made a documentary about sports fans and you focused on an athlete with average statistics, it would be boring. You would want to focus on the athlete with extraordinary statistics. It's human nature, that's what we're more interested in. We're more interested and entertained watching someone who is more extreme and unique in expressing their fandom or love of Star Trek."

Nygard said he isn't concerned about the fact that the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, Eugene W. Roddenberry, already has a Star Trek documentary in production. In fact, there's a good chance both crews will run into each other at FedCon in Bonn, Germany. Nygard said he is looking forward to that meeting.

"My approach is that there's is plenty of room for everybody on this ship," he said. "Whatever everyone else is doing doesn't affect us in the slightest. Everyone has their own take on things. I for one would love to see other people's documentaries, whether it's about this or other (subjects). It's fun to sort of send two people away to show the same subject, and then to compare the different approaches. They'll be complementary to each other."

Nygard said that he hopes Roddenberry will sit down in front of the camera for his documentary, and said that Crosby -- who played a partial season as Tasha Yar in TNG, as well as the Romulan commander Sela -- is willing to sit down for the "Trek Nation" crews as well.

Would the older Roddenberry approve of "Trekkies" and "Trekkies 2" however? Nygard seems to think so.

"The closest I could get to answering a question like that is to quote (longtime Roddenberry friend) Richard Arnold who told me a story about one time when Gene was on stage (at a convention) and talking to people and answering questions, and he referred to someone as being a Trekkie," Nygard said. "Someone in the audience took offense to that, and said they weren't Trekkies, they prefer to be called Trekkers. Gene Roddenberry said that they were Trekkies ... 'I know, I created you.' I think he would enjoy the attention the fans are getting" with the documentary.

Nygard said he's still looking for fan stories and tidbits, and is asking anyone with something to share to visit the "Trekkies 2" Web site at www.trekkies2.com. He said that they also are looking for fans to make their own video tapes, and interview themselves using questions available on the site, and send their tape in to be considered for inclusion in the documentary.

With Star Trek and science-fiction as a whole on a decline, will there be enough people interested in another documentary about the genre?

"Only time will tell," Nygard said. "Our film is about people. If you enjoy people watching, you always will have an interest in a documentary like this. That's why people like documentaries in general. It's not about a Star Trek story, it's about the people."

-- http://syfyportal.com/article.php?id=963

SyFy Portal

Master Q

Trekkies 2 Update

Trekkies 2 has been given the official seal of approval from Paramount Pictures.

The Star Trek production company Friday greenlit the sequel to the original 1997 documentary, Trekkies, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Although Trekkies 2 was announced in April (story), Paramount had yet to officially confirm its involvement.

As with the first Trekkies, actress Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) will serve as host and executive producer, with Roger Nygard (The Mind of the Married Man) once again taking the helm as director. Mike Leahy is set to produce.

The Trekkies 2 crew have already visited conventions in Germany, France, England, Italy, Serbia and Australia and will travel to Brazil and locations in the United States in the coming months. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the documentary will also pay return visits to fans featured in the 1997 original.

One fan who will be included in the sequel is Tony Alleyne, who converted his apartment into a replica of the Enterprise-D (story). "I really enjoyed myself with the crew from Paramount," Alleyne told TrekToday. "Denise Crosby was lovely and so friendly. It was a bit surreal having someone I have watched on TNG countless times in my apartment standing on my transporter pad saying 'Beam me up, Captain'."

The production team are accepting applications from fans who want to be featured in the film. Details on how to submit your Trek artwork, home movies and even an interview with yourself can be found at this page (click here). Submissions will be accepted until September 1, 2003.

The original Hollywood Reporter article is available at Yahoo! News. For further information, head over to Trekkies2.com.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/080603_03.shtml

http://www.trekkies2.com/

Master Q

Crewman: Sir, there's another starship coming in...it's the Enterprise!

Dylan: You mean Picard's huge engine of butt-kicking?

Crewman: Um...no, Archer's weak-kneed dinghy of suckitude.

Nice signature! heh

Ok..back on topic. I haven't seen the first Trekkers in ages...I need to pick up a copy of that before the new one comes out

Nice signature! heh

:huh: I agree nice signature!!!!!! :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Nice signature! heh

:lol: I agree nice signature!!!!!! B) B)

Thank You B) I got it from that 5 Minute episode site, from an "Andromeda" 5 Min ep.

UPDATE

http://www.trekkies2.com/

RELEASE INFORMATION

Film Festivals:

Trekkies 2 will premiere at the following film festivals. Contact the festivals regarding ticket information and screening times.

Newport Beach Film Festival

April 20 – 8:00 pm

Festival runs April 15-25

Newport Beach, California

www.newportbeachfilmfest.com

The film will be screening in the 650-seat historic Lido Theater on the Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach.

USA Film Festival

April 24 - 7:00 pm at the Angelika Film Center

Festival runs April 22-29

Dallas, Texas

www.usafilmfestival.com

IFP/Los Angeles Film Festival

Not yet confirmed.

Festival runs June 17-26

Los Angeles, California

www.lafilmfest.com

Other Film Festivals and screenings

Master Q

Assuming I can't make it to the Newport Film Festival- how can I see Trekkies 2? Will it run in arthouses around the country or be available immediately on video? In other words, when do I get to see it?

I'm sure it will be released on DVD/VHS as the first Trekkies was. However I don't think there is an official date (at least not yet).

And don't forget ---- StarTrekFans.net will be having the director of Trekkies 2 as a special chat room guest!!

Master Q

Denise Crosby and Roger Nygard visit our set of the fanfilm "Star Trek: The Legacy". Denise shake my hand :roflmao:

PHOTO:

Click for Spoiler:

p5061846.jpg Edited by Alterego

You are very lucky to be in the film. Can you find out if it will run in Japan if I am not able to chat with everyone else.

When one of yours detected an article about the "Trekkies 2" world premiere by the "Newport Beach Film Festival".......i'm pleasure when you to advice me

<_<

Hi everybody!

I'm also in TREKKIES 2. I play Mr. Spock in the german fanfilm "Star Trek: The Legacy"  :blink:

Greetings! I am also in the film, having been interviewed at Shore Leave 25 in Baltimore in 2003.

Rev. Dennis Rayburn

stoncold@wk.net

"Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill!"

Hi dear StoneColdQ :)

Its a pleasure for me to meet you in this board :) I can't wait for "Trekkies 2". The movie comes out in germany end of this year. Its a long time :) :D :)

I has seen photos of you at www.trekkies2.com

You can see me alo at the Homepage as Vulcan on the right side :)

This is my own Homepage www.der-deutsche-spock.de

sincerely

keep in touch...........

yours

Willi

NOW!!! 3 official TREKKIES 2 Film Posters :wub: :tear: :(

This is one therefrom

Click for Spoiler:

Trekkies2Poster700.jpg

(right ahead Vulcan Willi :( )

the other 2 Posters here: http://www.trekkies2.com

then "Photos", then "Posters"