Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

How Do They Sleep?

Sometimes the strangest thoughts just pop into my head - like when I'm watching an alien like the Xindi Reptiles with all those (tendrils?) coming out of their head and I ask myself "How do they sleep?" Same with that alien that tried to keep Hoshi with him. They can't put their head on a pillow without breaking something off - Do aliens sleep standing up?

Another question - did anyone notice we didn't see any female Xindi - we know Degra had a wife but isn't it sort of odd that there wasn't one female scientist, soldier or something?

We did see an aquatic female and it could be argued that one of the insectoids could've been female. But yes, it's strange we didn't see any female primates (I guess you're just referring to them anyway). Maybe we'll see one later. :P

As for sleeping, two words: custom pillows. :P

I also wondered about the lack of female Xindi. Maybe they all have very strict gender roles - the males are leaders & soldiers, and the females stay at home & raise the little Xindi.

I also wondered how the Xindi Reptiles get out of their "metal hoop" uniforms!

Why do all of the aliens seem to have two arms, two legs, etc? Where are all the ameoba people, millipedoids, you know? The Xindi aquatics are the only aliens I've seen in a while that don't fit 2/2 criteria, I'm sure there have been more but where are they?

The above question is simple. Actors have 2 arms and 2 legs. CGI is the only easy was to make something different. Another reason why we don't see things like Amoeba's often is because they would not likely have the means to reach a level of sentience to interact with Humaniods (because they cannot easily manipulate their environment)

The Borg regenerate standing up, and perhaps the reptilians do also.

The insectoids had more than two arms and two legs, and their offspring certainly did.

The male-centered Xindi were offset by the female-centered sphere-builders.

We saw Dolim in a sort of sunray bed in 'The Council'. It didn't have any type of pillow at all. It was just an inclined metal bed.

The humanoid theory is right. I would thoerize that in the Trek universe, a common humanoid DNA structure might have been spread across the universe (plus actors is still the best way to go). If you want to go religously, you might say God's own image could have a loser definition than we used to think.

I can imagine Reptillians and perhaps even primate Xindi keeping their women away from powerful roles. Arboreols, well we've only seen one really empowered one, plus Gralik. So I might imagine that they and the Aquatics would allow females to rise in their ranks. All the while the Insectoids are like "Geeze, we sure lucked out."(It is interesting how their is only one known female on the council, yet all of the sphere buildiers in powerful spots have been women).

I do wonder how aquatics get from place to place without leaving their ships. I'd imagine it's possible that most Aquatics would be born, raised, live, and die all on the same ship.

Our ears don't break off on our pillows, why should their tendrils. I mean their tendrils could be made of cartilage; flexible like ours. Works for me.

ok-the insectoids are a-sexual and genderless, so that takes care of them/ guess the others stay home and take care of the young...what does this have to do with how do they sleep?