DID YOU SEE IT? DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS ABOUT? I REMEMBER THESE GUY ZOOMING AROUND INSIDE A COMPUTER, IS THAT RIGHT? I AM THINKING OF TRYING TO FIND IT AGAIN. I KNOW IT'S AN OLD MOVIE SO I MAY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE LIBRARY TO GET IT. IS IT WORTH MY EFFORT?

I'd really like to see it again. Now as an adult I'll have a different perspective on it. This should be fun.

I saw it again a few months ago, and thought it was still kinda cool. You can probably find it easily at any well-stocked video store. Even if you don't like the movie, you may like Bruce Boxleitner in that tight costume! :P

I remember seeing it in the theater, that must have been sometime between '78 and '80. At that time, when I was 9 to 11 years old it was a VERY cool movie and like AE said it was pretty cutting edge at the time.

Yeah Tron is a cool film i have it on dvd,i watched it about 3 days ago,i also used to play the arcade game when i was younger, i put a lot of money in that machine :P

I wouldn't mind seeing this movie again. I haven't seen it for a long time but I know I enjoyed it as a teen..The FX were cool for the time it was made.. :P

It was a good movie. I thought that Disney made the film, but I am not sure. It was also a christian allegory. "Programs" represented by people were pressured by the master control program to deny the existence of "users." Jeff Bridges was a user transported from the real world into the computer world, and so had more "power" than the ordinary program. The story is interesting, and the action and activity keeps one focused. I liked it.

Stardate:214367.8

Yeh I remeber the old Tron.That was a sweet movie.If they make a remake I am definitly going to go see it.

Greetings Program!

Disney released a Special Edition DVD (Two Disk) a few years ago (2002), you should be able to find it at your local video store. It is a great movie and I play the Arcade Emulator for Tron and Tron Disks at least twice a week.

As far as a Pixar Tron 2 project, I dont believe that it will happen anytime soon. I heard about the rumor a long time ago and it has dropped off of the radar for the most part. If any of you are interested, Tron 2.0 has been out for PC for awhile. It is a great game and has dropped in price since its release in 2003.

If any of you are looking for some good ol' Tron action then give Tron 2.0 a spin.

End Of Line.

I think they should turn the Tron:2.0 game into a movie instead of remaking the original. This way you get to know what happened after the fact and there's a correlation between the tron of the late 70's/early 80's and the tron of now, with modern tech :). Besides, i don't want there being a possibility of them ruining a good movie :laugh:.