Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Location Of Vulcan Home-world

According to Stan & Fred Goldstein-writers of Star Trek spaceflight chronology published prior to TNG (1980). The planet Vulcan is located in the Epsilon Eridani star-system, 10 light years from Earth. Scientist now believe there are 2 possible habitual planets there! So what do you think? Where is Vulcan? Check out these links:

all I can say is that Vulcan is in the Beta Quadrant...

...yeah, and there's a town in Iowa claiming to be " the future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk." No joking! Cute idea, but that's about all it is. I had a chance to visit it - Riverside, S. of Iowa City - while traveling to St. Louis, but decided "naaah!"LOL

ok-guys been doing more research on the subject- for my star-chart of Federation Space and early space exploration thing....seems that at some point in Trek history

the Vulcan home-world was Epsilon Eridani then somebody decided to move it to 40 Eridani-A! Would people make up their minds! Vulcan being in the 40 Eridani star-system makes them permanent member of the federation council( i.e. The Planetary Confederation of 40 Eridani) Articles of Federation Chapter V-article 23.

But i still think the fans should Vote! and I'm wondering if there was any "canon"

statements made in TOS that mentioned Epsilon Eridani as the Homeworld?

Yes I heard about the shift..

But I never understood the move...

Also I heard soemthing about the planet Romulus in another system that began with a g I think...