Sign in to follow this  
Angela

A Thank You For Improving My Life

To all involved with Startrekfans.net,

When I became involved with this site I was a very different person than the one that posts right now. In short order, I was a complete cow. That person has changed.

How? By the love the kindness the exchange of rational well thought out ideas, and the hand of friendship , sisterhood, brotherhand familial bonds that each member has shown me, I have altered in a lot of ways.

I was someone who would swear at the drop of a hat, who aregued continually with her parents. Who could at times be self absorbed and had little time for others opinions.

That changed the day I joined and became an active participant. I began thinking about everything everyone was saying. I began LISTENING to my parents and to others who are older to me or are more knowledgeable than myself on anything. It made me look things up and expand my horizons.

Sure I can still argue, and sure I still swear. but this instances aren't as common as they once were and only occur when something affects me deeply. I haven't been here all that long. I joined on New Years eve.To be honest coming here has been the best resolution I have ever made. And one I will keep up.

Here I have met people who aren't just friends to me, they are my family. They are people I want to respect me, they make me think about my actions, my words and when I fall short in my eyes they never judge me, and continue to love and support me.

These people are yourselves. the members owners, moderators of STF. You have altered me in a way that is profound. You are the reason I have become a more complete person one who is becoming a better participant of the world and one who has deepened her spirituallty and strengthened her ties to god (Yes CJLP, you helped on Easter Sunday with that one) So here am I, saying thank you to all, wishing you all well and continued familial bonds with you all.

Love,

Angel

It's been a good place for me, too. Although it has not affected me as deeply as you describe UA, it has caused me to do one thing that is completely out of character, and that is to converse regularly with strangers on sometimes quite deep topics. :unsure:

I can hardly believe I began to talk here (I never intended to---I planned to lurk in the Star Trek forum...), and now of course, I go on and on and on. I am more reticent in real life, although I meet new people regularly through teaching....that is a well-defined format where the subject matter of "discussions" is what is being taught. I do get to know some students well, but that is over time, and with face-to-face contact.

Now I feel like I "know" people I have actually never met! I enjoy talking to them! How remarkable!

::huggles Angel.::

::and giver her Gummy bears to make her feal better::

Just know you are always welcome here and in all of our hearts Angel, we all care deeply about you.

Oh Angel. You have become such a good friend. Anytime I need to talk your right there for me. There are alot of other people too and I'm grateful for their friendships as well. I know I can talk too much and too long about things and I'm trying to find the appropriate outlets for that. But being able to discuss so many different things has made a world of difference in my life too. And to get positive and negative feed back has helped me to understand myself better, and others as well. We just don't have this in the other world, we call 'reality'. This is a cozy, warm, happy place to come everyday. Kind of like Barney is for little kids, or Mr. Roger's Neighborhood :) " It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood, a wonderful day for a neighbor, would you be mine?" :unsure: :( :P

Edited by Jeanway

Glad to hear it Angel :unsure:

If you have any other probs just contact me, i've not shown it much here, but elsewhere i'm an all round advice giver and a shoulder to cry on.

~ Adam

Wow. I can't think of what to say. This is a great site and the people here are fantastic to help someone in such a great way just by talking to them and being their friends.

Thank you for your replies. I actually cried I felt so loved by you all. And just know if you ever need and ear also. Angel's ear will hear