Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Most touching and Funniest episode

Which episodes of TNG did you find the most touching and funniest and why?

Touching

Probably "The Inner Light." Even after all the times of watching that episode, the final scene when picard finds out the truth of his existance of Kamin still provides a choked up, emotional feeling. Also, I didn't respect it before, but the final scene where he holds the flute to his heart and then the show ends with the theme to the episode is one of the best written, acted, and emotional scenes of the series. I think the music staff did a brilliant job providing such an elegant and emotional scene at the end of a beautiful episode like "Inner Light."

I also liked that Jay Cattaway explained that scene in detail on the Season 5 bonus features which probably made that scene even more brilliant and touching. It was truly a masterpeice and to those who say that these characters never changed, I answer back saying watch "The Inner Light" It may be an overrated episode, but that scene alone changed picards life so much from the his jackass attitude in the first couple seasons that saying otherwise would be Blasphamy. These characters did change, probably not as noticable as in DS9, but the change was there nonthaless.

Funniest

I would say its a tie between Qpid and Phantassms even though going back through the series there are tons of funny parts that were not ment to be funny, most of which included Worf. I say Qpid because it looked like in this episode the cast really were having fun with it espessically with the fight scene. Its finally good to see the two women on the show (Who always seemed to be pushed back and not do anything spontainious for some reason) get into the action both mentally and physically. :look:

With Phantassms, even though its not the best Worf made this episode really really good. His "cellular piptide cake" comments were harlarious and the scene with Data asking worf to take care of spot was priceless.

Touching...."The Offspring" is my number one choice, and "All Good Things" rates right up there(especially the poker scene at the end)

Funniest---"QPid", and "A Fistful of Datas" come to mind....AND PLEASE, TAKARA...not that picture again :look: !!!!

For me The Offspring is definitely up there. I love the Inner Light too and Dark Pages makes me quite emotional as well.

As for funniest I have quite been able to decide but Fistfull of Datas would definitely be included.

And Yillara, you don't want to see Data Annie again?

most touching:

The offpring ( which is also a funny one too)

The Inner light

all good things

funniest

DejaQ, Qpid, and pretty much all the Q ones

fistful of Datas

datas day

there are just so many its hard to list them all!

For me The Offspring is definitely up there.  I love the Inner Light too and Dark Pages makes me quite emotional as well. 

As for funniest I have quite been able to decide but Fistfull of Datas would definitely be included. 

And Yillara, you don't want to see Data Annie again?

Not for a while at least...I mean you posted that picture in the favorite worf episode thread and had that picture for an avatar for a while....

Funniest

THE NAKED NOW!!!!!

OMG DEANNA/WILL DATA?TASHA... my god... those were howlz

I can't believe I left out The Naked Now. I always howl with that episode.

Funniest

THE NAKED NOW!!!!!

Well it is funny until a certain scene that irks at least THIS Soong Sister....Maybe I am going a little overboard when I say I would just loved to slap the crap out of Tasha for what she said!!

Lets see..

Most touching- All Good Things, and The Inner Light

Funniest- The Naked Now hands down its all around funny not just one or two parts..

all hail Bev!! :look:

Funniest

THE NAKED NOW!!!!!

Well it is funny until a certain scene that irks at least THIS Soong Sister....Maybe I am going a little overboard when I say I would just loved to slap the crap out of Tasha for what she said!!

Not going overboard at all, Yillara!

That sounds sarcastic, but thats not how I meant it. I agrree!!

Most Touching? I think I'd have to say Offspring. or possibly the end of Nemesis, if we're talking about crying. And I think the end of Tin Man and the middle of Thine own Self, where Data talks (in a way) about what the Enterprise means to him. And Pen Pals and Darmok were also pretty good in that category. But for an entire episode, I think I'll stick with Offspring.

Funniest? Definately Q episodes. They never fail to make me howl! Deja Q, I think, is what I'd call the funniest. I think...

Edited by dsbs

Most touching-Hugo award winning Inner Light

Most Funny- I can't remember the episode name but it was in the 2nd season. Riker was making these eggs and as everyone was in utter disgust of the taste, Worf was scarfing it down. Soon everyone stares at him and he just looks up and says "Delicious."

Also I think it was a two parter called the Gambit where James Worthy was a guest star playing a klingon (a very tall klingon) named Koral, and there was this scene where Troy and Data are trying to be nice to him and he just give him this dead on klingon stare. He even goes as far to pour bloodwine on the confrence room's clean carpet. Basically any intimidating klingon thing that happens cracks me up.

I'm pretty sure that was Chain of Command...?

DSBS, if you mean the James Worthy episode it was Gambit.

I remember that other episode too. It was from Time Squared.

But I thought the very tall Klingon..........oh wait, that was a Cardassian. And he wasn't that tall :tear: Got a little confuzzled there. Sorry

Funniest:

The Naked Now. 'Twas quite a larf.

Most Touching:

Weeelllll.......Skin of Evil made me cry for 15 minutes..oh my god, I'm starting to cry right now. Seriously!! Well, I guess that's it.

All good things, still makes me sigh and whenever Q was involved I was sure for a laugh.

I haven't seen all of the seasons yet...

but most touching so far.. Inner Light, The Host and The Offspring..

Update: Just watched Relics

Scene when Scotty walks onto the empty holographic deck of the Enterprise and drinks his whisky.

Just watched-A Fistful of Datas- for the first time- hilarious!

Funniest:

The Naked Now. 'Twas quite a larf.

Most Touching:

Weeelllll.......Skin of Evil made me cry for 15 minutes..oh my god, I'm starting to cry right now. Seriously!! Well, I guess that's it.

Changed my mind:

Most touching episode:

THE OFFSPRING!! It made me cry, and all throught the part where Lal was malfunctioning, I was saying, while crying, mind, "Please...please...don't let her die...please...no...don't let her die..." Just like that.

Touching: I really enjoyed 'The Offspring', espeially Datas last words

Funniest: Another Data episode - 'Fistful of Datas'

The most touching I'd have to say was a tie between Inner Light and the episode (I can't remember it's name) where Picard falls in love with the Lt. from stellar cartography and they go into the Jeffries tube to make music, him with his flute and her with her portable roll-up piano.

The funniest is The Naked Now. The scene where Tasha seduces Data (and especially the look on his face) has got to be one of the funniest TNG events ever.

That's a good one.

My most touching episode was Dark Page. Deanna Troi goes into her mothers mind to try to see what's wrong. That is a good display of love for her mom.

The most funniest?

Goodness, that's a tough one. I think the most funniest one is....

I'll get back to you guys whenever I come up with it. :laugh:

The Funniest Episode

Naked Now

Fistful of Datas

Hide and Q

Most Touching

The Child

Offspring

All Good Things...

The Offspring is most touching to me.

One of the funniest eps for me was the one where Lt. Barclay had designed those holodeck programs featuring real crew members. Wasn't it "Holopursuits" (sp?). I love the scene where Picard is trying to include Barclay and make him feel comfortable and screws up and calls him "Broccoli" to his face. Picard, Riker and Data's reactions are just priceless.

I always wondered how Barclay even got assigned to the Enterprise.

What did Picard say?

"WANTED, talented but nervous, stuttering, stammering, holodeck-obsessed, social misfit to serve aboard the coolest and most important ship in the fleet"

:frusty: