Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Error's In The Movies

How about posting any error that you find in the movies here. Like beaming the crew of the Defiant on board the Enterprise-E with it's shields up, or the Excelsior just stopping in space after they stalled out.

Anyone else think that the Excelsior stopping looks just like someone popped the clutch :lol:

hey psychic....dont you remember when the defiant was hit with the borg cutting beam? Worfs officer told him that they had lost shields and all weapons...thats why Worf said "maybe it is a good day to die...PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!!" thats how they were able to beam them out.

Edited by blitzkrieg1110

How about posting any error that you find in the movies here.  Like beaming the crew of the Defiant on board the Enterprise-E with it's shields up, or the Excelsior just stopping in space after they stalled out.

Anyone else think that the Excelsior stopping looks just like someone popped the clutch :lol:

It does look like that doesn't it? :lol:

Wouldn't Enterprise have to have it's shields down as well in order to beam anyone aboard, or can they drop a section of their shield by it's self?

How about posting any error that you find in the movies here.  Like beaming the crew of the Defiant on board the Enterprise-E with it's shields up, or the Excelsior just stopping in space after they stalled out.

It does look like that doesn't it? :lol:

Wouldn't Enterprise have to have it's shields down as well in order to beam anyone aboard, or can they drop a section of their shield by it's self?

alls I know is that if you push the yellow button, things happen...

According to moviemistakes.com the Star Trek movies contain the following number of errors:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture 12

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 21

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 7

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 15

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 7

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 20

Star Trek: Generations 14

Star Trek: First Contact 12

Star Trek: Insurrection 12

Star Trek: Nemesis 17

So that's 137 mistakes across 10 movies, not bad.

The following are the 'classic' mistakes according to moviemistakes.com:

Star Trek V:

"In the scene where Spock, wearing rocket boots, is in the turboshaft carrying Kirk and McCoy on either arm, he fires the booster rockets, thus propelling the three of them up the the turboshaft. If you watch carefully, the deck numbers in the background as they rise upwards go as follows: 35, 52, 64, back to 52, 77, 78, and then 78 again! Not content with one goof, Kirk and McCoy can quite clearly be seen with their feet dangling in mid air, not on Spock's boots. They aren't exactly clinging to him either, more like leaning against him. Surely Kirk and McCoy would be unable to hold onto him!"

Star Trek First Contact

"In the scene where Picard opens a viewing port and shows Lilly that she is in a starship orbiting Earth he shows her New Guinea and Australia. New Zealand is missing"

at least in First Contact we australians finally got a mention. and why were we the last to join the peace union of (pre 2151)...........>WHY US AUSSIES!!!!

at least in First Contact we australians finally got a mention.  and why were we the last to join the peace union of (pre 2151)...........>WHY US AUSSIES!!!!

Aww don't worry about it. Perhaps we'll find out in some trek way.

Don't forget that you Aussies got mentioned in the TNG episode "Attached" in the seventh season

at least in First Contact we australians finally got a mention.  and why were we the last to join the peace union of (pre 2151)...........>WHY US AUSSIES!!!!

Aww don't worry about it. Perhaps we'll find out in some trek way.

Don't forget that you Aussies got mentioned in the TNG episode "Attached" in the seventh season

he is obviously aware of that mentioning since the 2151 thing is from Attached

I never noticed any errors in the movies, but I've seen alot in the TNG episodes

but I should probally start another thread...... :laugh:

In one of the original epsiodes I think it's "Tomorrow is Yesterday" Kirk says that he's from Alpha Centauri, but in Star Trek IV he tells Dr. Taylor that he's from Iowa.

In one of the original epsiodes I think it's "Tomorrow is Yesterday" Kirk says that he's from Alpha Centauri, but in Star Trek  IV he tells Dr. Taylor that he's from  Iowa.

Kirk says that to just mess with the guys mind..and yes, he's from Iowa.

Gee I think the only error that really causes a glitch for me is in the Original Series Episode 31, Metamorphosis where Zefram Cochrane is met, Spock says that Cochrane is from Alpha Centauri.

In First Contact Zefram Cochrane is from good old planet earth.

Star Trek First Contact

"In the scene where Picard opens a viewing port and shows Lilly that she is in a starship orbiting Earth he shows her New Guinea and Australia. New Zealand is missing"

201000[/snapback]

NZ there, it's just coulded over.

If it's nit picking you wan't than answer me this,

Why would a Borg need a tricorder(sp).

In Star Trek: First Contact, the scene just after the deflector dish has been detached the borg queen is standing over Data and she says "we've had a change of plans, Data" or something and in the backround their is a borg using a tricorder.

Star Trek First Contact

201000[/snapback]

NZ there, it's just coulded over.

If it's nit picking you wan't than answer me this,

Why would a Borg need a tricorder(sp).

In Star Trek: First Contact, the scene just after the deflector dish has been detached the borg queen is standing over Data and she says "we've had a change of plans, Data" or something and in the backround their is a borg using a tricorder.

314906[/snapback]

I thought that it was some sort of Borg remote pad. I mean, they do have control panels, as seen on the table that they have Data is on. Why not hand-held ones?

Here's a mistake. In the televised version of ST:TMP, they use a scene that wasn't used in the theatrical release. It's the scene where you actually see Kirk leaving the airlock to go after Spock. Here's the error... the set wasn't complete! On the right side of the screen, you can see the scaffolding behind the set, and even someone moving around on it! :wow:

201284[/snapback]

As an aside, that isn't exactly true. It's listed on the false canon page at Ex Astris Scientia. Crusher was simply creating a hypothetical situation.

I thought that it was some sort of Borg remote pad. I mean, they do have control panels, as seen on the table that they have Data is on. Why not hand-held ones?

314909[/snapback]

Well, I don't know about that it sure looks like a tricorder to me.

2 Mistakes from Every ST movie[From www.moviemistakes.com ]

ST:TMP

Click For Spoiler
In the scene where the 4 officers and Ilia exit the ship onto the hull and begin walking towards the V-ger structure, the outline of the hole left in the matte painting of the Enterprise saucer section is clearly visible.

When Spock's shuttle is lining up to dock with the Enterprise, look below the shuttle and you can see the hydraulic mechanism used to maneuver it

ST II:TWOK

Click For Spoiler
When the Enterprise first encounters the Reliant, we see several screen shots of the Reliant on the Enterprise viewscreen, and several shots of the Enterprise on Reliants viewscreen. The puzzling thing is, if you watch very closly to the shots of the Enterprise on the Reliants viewscreen, you will notice that the stars are actually moving BACKWARD, as if the Reliant were in a slow reverse. Obviously this is an editing blooper since Khan just ordered that the ship slow to one half impulse power, which still moves the ship forward.

When the Enterprise leaves spacedock, Saavik orders 'half impulse'. However, in the exterior shots the impulse engines are not lit. The reason is that ST II uses stock footage from ST I for the spacedock scene. In that movie, the ship leaves the dock using thrusters.

ST: TSFS

Click For Spoiler
When Kirk enters Spock's corridors at the beginning of the movie, he hears Spock's voice calling out to him from a darkened area. As he walks into Spock's corridors, pay attention to the top right area of the screen. You'll notice the top of the walls and no ceiling. That lets you know that they were filming on a sound stage in a set with no ceiling.

In the scene early in the movie where Kirk is talking to Sarek the guns on the wall are suddenly rearranged.

ST:TVH

Click For Spoiler
In the scene where Sulu flies the helicopter and accidentally turns on the windshield wiper, look closely at the bottom of the wiper and you can see the crewman's finger manually moving the wiper.

In the operating room, just after Kirk welds the lock shut, Bones is leaning over Checkov, he reaches out his hand and we assume Dr. Gillian hands him the piece of equipment that he puts on Chekov's forehead to heal him. How did she know what equipment to give him as it was from hundreds of years into the future and Bones doesn't actually ask for it?

ST:TFF

Click For Spoiler
During the fight sequence between Kirk and Spock's brother Sybok you can see crew's hands helping lift Kirk up when he is being thrown. (Far right of screen).

When Kirk falls at the beginning of the movie and Spock catches him, you can very easily see the tether cord affixed to Kirk's back.

ST:TUC

Click For Spoiler
After Kronos One is fired upon, Kirk calls down to engineering to ask if they had been firing torpedoes. Scotty responds by looking at the inventory screen and saying "Negative Captain. According to inventory we're still fully loaded." That Scotty sure is fast. He gets through saying "Negative Captain" before his reflection even starts moving its mouth. It's a little dark so turn up the brightness on your screen.

What lamebrain organized security for the conference? After the Chancellor has been assassinated, not only does a human disguised as a Klingon sneak in (I guess no one thought to bring a tricorder), but the bridge crew of Enterprise beams down right in the middle of the conference with phasers in hand. Sulu shows up with two more armed men a minute or two later. Shouldn't there be some sort of anti-beaming shield and weapons detectors?

ST: FC

Click For Spoiler
In the deflector dish scene when Worf chops the Borg's arm off with his "sword" the blade obviously doesn't even touch the Borg.

When Picard and Lilly go to the holodeck, the door says "Holodeck". When the Borg enter, it says "Holosuite".

ST: Generations

Click For Spoiler
When Worf tells Riker the Romulans were looking for Trilithium on the station, Riker acts as if he never heard of it before, and Worf explains that it is an experimental compound that the Romulans were working on. However, in the Next Generation episode, "Starship Mine", terrorists steal Trilithium resin from the warp engines to sell as a weapon, and Picard seems to know a great deal about it.

Counsellor Troi visits Picard in his quarters after he finds out that his brother dies. Listen to Picard say "Counsellor - er". There is an audio editing mistake of some sort where you could clearly hear that his voice was dubbed over the original, the original being off by a fraction of a second. The "er" sound from "Counsellor" is repeated.

ST:Insurrection

Click For Spoiler
When Geordi sprays a crewmember with his extinguisher and says, "We need a medic down here!", his lips don't move.

During the opening sequence a Ba'ku woman is knocked over by one of the invisible Son'a and is caught by the man behind her. But if you watch the man behind her he raises his arms to catch her before she starts to fall.

ST:Nemesis

Click For Spoiler
When Picard, Data and Worf are on the planet, just a few shots after they leave the shuttle, Picard drives a sharp left curve. If you look at him in this shot, it is not Patrick Stewart sitting on the driver's seat, but his stuntman, who is not even wearing goggles

The Enterprise-E only has 24 decks (stated in First Contact), so the Remans can't be on Deck 29.

w00t, this took me a long time!