Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

The Forgotten?

Tonight's ENTERPRISE, April 28, 2004. I just can't see how the title fits. Can you? Please explain if you think you can make the connection. I have this problem all the time anyways. :rofl:

I believe it refers to the crew that were lost on the ship, and I think it refers to Trip trying to forget his sister rather than deal with her death.

I believe it refers to the crew that were lost on the ship, and I think it refers to Trip trying to forget his sister rather than deal with her death.

Thanks, and you couldn't have told me this earlier? :rofl:

Thanks, and you couldn't have told me this earlier? :rofl:

I didn't know the episode was called The Forgotten earlier. I wish they'd put the title at the beginning of each episode. :rofl:

They do put the title at the beginning of each episode. :rofl:

Yes they do, for about 3 seconds, if you blink or sneeze you miss it. :rofl:

Well, apparently the title is correct for me, cause i DID forget. :rofl: :(

Forget what? Did I miss something again? You're all in cahoots with Paramount to make me look like an idiot aren't you? :( :rofl:

See I wasn't focusing on the sub-plot, I was more interested in what was going on with Archer and the Xindi, so I couldn't see who forgot what, understand? :rofl:

Edited by Jeanway

See I wasn't focusing on the sub-plot, I was more interested in what was going on with Archer and the Xindi, so I couldn't see who forgot what, understand? :rofl:

Yeah, I understand. I guess I was just focusing on the individual characters. I tend to miss the big picture sometimes because I'm looking at the details. :rofl:

Many members here at stf.net had made the observation that it seemed strange that Trip was no longer focused on the death of his sister Elizabeth. Apparently this was a planned plot element by the writers.

"Forgotten" was a perfect title for the episode.

Click for Spoiler:

In the exchange between Trip and Taylors' ghost in his dream, she implored him not to forget her. Symbolically that was Elizabeth imploring him. When Trip wrote the letter to Taylor's parents at the end, he promised to never forget her. But it was Elizabeth's picture and memories and feelings about Elizabeth that helped him write a heartfelt letter to Taylor's family. And the promise he made to Taylor's parents to not forget her was also a promise to himself to not forget his baby sister.

I agree that the title refers to the people that have been lost during the mission and the attack on Earth and the importance that they keep a place in the memories of those that remain. And that the memories need to keep them seen as individual people not just as number on a casualty list.

I've always thought that Enterprise's episode titles were some of the best of the ST franchise (even though enterprise is still a baby trek in age)

I mean...this season had some great ones.

"Similitude" "Twilight"....etc...