Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

THE PETER PRINCIPLE....................

The 'Peter Principle' states that at one time or another EVERYBODY will reach their level of incompetency. B) Not a pleasant thing to finally reach, but it is an eye opener for some people :blink:

I usually try to operate at my usual level of imcompetence, dipping lower when called for.

Excellent reply!!!! Who was it who said, "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training."? A football coach maybe.....

Every second of my life...

I live this priciple. You should see my planning...

That's why I have this inferirority complex....

I've heard that before but perhaps I'm more optimistic - I think people that are determined and self aware can continue to learn and grow.

I also think, as far a job/career is concerned is if you feel you've reached some level of incompetence there's another career where you can do better. We all have different talents

I always liked this:

Click for Spoiler:

The Animal School

By George H. Reavis

Once upon a time, the animals decided they must do something heroic to meet the problems of "a new world." So they organized a school.

They adopted an activity curriculum consisting of running, climbing, swimming and flying. To make it easier to administer the curriculum, all the animals took all the subjects.

The duck was excellent in swimming, in fact better than his instructor, but he made only passing grades in flying and was very poor in running. Since he was slow in running, he had to stay after school and also drop swimming in order to practice running. This was kept up until his webbed feet were badly worn and he was only average in swimming. But average was acceptable in school, so nobody worried about that except the duck.

The rabbit started at the top of the class in running, but had a nervous breakdown because of so much make-up work in swimming.

The squirrel was excellent in climbing until he developed frustration in the flying class where his teacher made him start from the ground up instead of from the treetop down. He also developed a "charlie horse" from overexertion and then got a C in climbing and a D in running.

The eagle was a problem child and was disciplined severely. In the climbing class he beat all the others to the top of the tree, but insisted on using his own way to get there.

At the end of the year, an abnormal eel that could swim exceedingly well, and also run, climb and fly a little, had the highest average and was valedictorian.

The prairie dogs stayed out of school and fought the tax levy because the administration would not add digging and burrowing to the curriculum. They apprenticed their children to a badger and later joined the groundhogs and gophers to start a successful private school.

from Chicken Soup for the Soul Copyright 1993 by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen

I usually try to operate at my usual level of imcompetence, dipping lower when called for.

Excellent reply!!!! Who was it who said, "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training."? A football coach maybe.....

Vince Lombardi???? :D I loved that guy :)