Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

how good are you

ok here goes, ive been trying to remember this song and artist for years, i havent heard it since the 80's and all i can remember is one line. here goes, "had a dream, it was war. something they can lie about , something we can die about, you know." anyone have any ideas? i used to love this song, but just havent been able to figure it out yet.

I think this is it.

Click for Spoiler:

ROGER HODGSON - "Had A Dream (Sleeping With The Enemy)"

Had a dream I was born

To be naked in the eye of the storm

And now it's standing right in front of me

What's it going to do to me, who knows,

Had a dream it was time

To be taken to the front of the line

Well that is not a place you wanna be

Sleeping with the enemy, you know

I don't care what the future brings

Give a damn about anything

I'd be fine if they'd only leave me alone.

But it's time - gotta take a stance

'Cause I won't get a second chance

And I know now I have to make it alone

Had a dream it was war

And they couldn't tell me what it was for

But it was something they could lie about

Something we could die about, you know

Anytime, anyplace

When you look that man in the face

Well it is not a face you wanna see

Mary, can you hear me

Can you tell me what it's all supposed to mean

Holding out a photograph of all that I have seen

I wish I could hold you

I wish I could hold you

Had a dream it was time

To be a witness at the scene of the crime

Well, That is something you can analyse

Something you can criticise, who knows

So we wait, hesitate

And we're making such a mistake

Oh whatever can the matter be

I don't care what the future brings

Give a damn about anything

I'd be fine if they'd only leave me alone

But it's time, gotta take a stance

'Cause I won't get a second chance

And I know now I have to make it alone

I think I might know what it is.

It might be 'Had A Dream (Sleeping With The Enemy)' by Roger Hodgson.

The lyrics are here.

EDIT: I wasn't copying you RC. I clicked Submit too late. :blink:

Edited by thedoctor

EDIT: I wasn't copying you RC. I clicked Submit too late. :blink:

We were posting at the same time B)

MY GOD THATS IT!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU. RC MARY ME. OH WELL I GUESS ROBERT WOULD NLIK THAT WOULD HE. BUT THANK YO UAND DOC TOO. I HAVENT HEARD THSI SONG IN YEARS, AND YARS. BEFORE I MET MY EX MY GOD THAT BRINGS BACK THE TIMNES. I LOVE YOU.

MY GOD THATS IT!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU. RC MARY ME. OH WELL I GUESS ROBERT WOULD NLIK THAT WOULD HE.

LOL! Yeah he might have a few objections. :blink:

I never heard it before but I like the lyrics, can you hum it for me CaptWright :bow: My soundboard has gone to Heaven, couldn't listen even if I wanted to B)

And your NOT alone Capt. :clap: You've got all of us here right there with Ya :blink:

Edited by Jeanway

im listening as i type, i let it download slowly with my dial up while i slept off my late night. :blink: i love supertramp, and never in a million years would i have guessed it was the lead singer from supertramp that sang this song. its awsome, THANKS AGAIN. I LOVE THIS PLACE. AND YOU PEOPLE. id buy ya all dinner if you were here. B) even if fyou didnt find this song for me i wouldve anyway. BTW how the heck did you find it. i used to look everywhere typed in those lyrics i knew, and typed in had a dream and all that just couldnt find it.

im listening as i type, i let it download slowly with my dial up while i slept off my late night. :) i love supertramp, and never in a million years would i have guessed it was the lead singer from supertramp that sang this song. its awsome, THANKS AGAIN. I LOVE THIS PLACE. AND YOU PEOPLE.  id buy ya all dinner if you were here. :D even if fyou didnt find this song for me i wouldve anyway. BTW how the heck did you find it. i used to look everywhere typed in those lyrics i knew, and typed in had a dream and all that just couldnt find it.

You're very welcome cptwright! :)

I found it by going into google and typing the words you told me and the word 'lyrics'. I fine all the songs I know but don't know the name or artist that way.

im listening as i type, i let it download slowly with my dial up while i slept off my late night. :) i love supertramp, and never in a million years would i have guessed it was the lead singer from supertramp that sang this song. its awsome, THANKS AGAIN. I LOVE THIS PLACE. AND YOU PEOPLE.  id buy ya all dinner if you were here. :D even if fyou didnt find this song for me i wouldve anyway. BTW how the heck did you find it. i used to look everywhere typed in those lyrics i knew, and typed in had a dream and all that just couldnt find it.

I found it by going into google and typing the words you told me and the word 'lyrics'. I fine all the songs I know but don't know the name or artist that way.

That's exactly how I did it too. All hail google :)

That's exactly how I did it too. All hail google :)

:) :) :) :) :) :)