Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

SIMPLICITY

I tend to complicate things, but I'm learning how to keep things simpler. The word 'but', I need to stop using it so much. Just when I get things figured out there always seems to be a 'but' in there somewhere. That's when things get complicated again. People tend to make things more complicated than they need to be. I find also the more people in my life, the more complicated things get too.

My theory? Simplicity and any hope of getting it goes right out the window the moment you step into your first school. And it is downhill from there on for simplicity. Nothing ever seems to be simple in my life and if anyone has a way to make it simple, I can pay you. No wait, I am saving that money. Nothing is ever simple! :rofl:

I seem to be working on a whole new set of complications right now :drool: When will I ever learn? :drool:

Do you know someone actually wrote a book about how simplify your life.

IMO, the best way to keep in touch with what really matters is to spend time around children.

Whenever I start getting worked up I remember a rather small incident from many years ago. I used to drive my niece to kindergarten. One morning I was running late and forgot my jewelry. I said something like "oh darn" and she asked what was wrong and I told her I forgot my rings. She just said "So, what matters" So I find a lot of times many years later I am still asking myself - "so, what matters"

Yea, UH, that's the kind of stuff i'm talking about. All this meaningless stuff and the rituals we go through with them, what a waste of time. I mean I used to wear some jewelry, not alot, but now I don't wear any. I do have some tiny, little stones in my ears, just one on each lobe. Gets your mind racing and you get upset over things that really don't matter. My book on simplicity is the only one I need, 'WALDEN, OR LIFE IN THE WOODS' by Henry David Thoreau