Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

a flight across the big pond

I need suggestions to survive a 12 hou flight w/o a computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to sleep, you'll be exhausted when you arrive anyway, you'll be like Zombie, try to sleep.

I need suggestions to survive a 12 hou flight w/o a computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where to Borg?

I fly quite a bit to Japan and back. Here's my trick for avoiding jet lag. Stay awake on the airplane. Really! It works. Watch the movie, read a book, walk up and down the aisles, or look out the windows. (For the past five years, I've racked up over 50,000 miles per year, and I still can't keep myself from looking out the window.) When you

arrive, you will most likely stay up until local evening, and be so wiped out that you sleep soundly overnight and adjust almost automatically.

kool good idea.. yeah i was just gonna say buy one of those portable DVD players.. they run for around 200 CDN and bring some good dvds... watch em.. listen to music.. write poetry or a story with a pen and paper.. ull b surprised how relaxing it is

Where to Borg?

I fly quite a bit to Japan and back. Here's my trick for avoiding jet lag. Stay awake on the airplane. Really! It works. Watch the movie, read a book, walk up and down the aisles, or look out the windows. (For the past five years, I've racked up over 50,000 miles per year, and I still can't keep myself from looking out the window.) When you

arrive, you will most likely stay up until local evening, and be so wiped out that you sleep soundly overnight and adjust almost automatically.

When I flew to Japan for the first time I did same thing that you suggested. I still had to fight jet lag for a week.

Yeah, I think it takes some getting used to. As you probably know, you almost always arrive at your final destination at night. Which part of Japan?

In flight movies or bring a big book (LOTR, perhaps?) Also, don't forget to do some walking in the aisles to keep your circulation going, and make sure you stay hydrated!

Perhaps some books during the tos days, or just prior? Final Frontier and Spock's World are good reads, Kahless is ok but i wouldn't recommend it for a long flight. I think there are some audio books on cd's now, so you can maybe burn one of those onto the comp as an mp3 and listen on one of the mp3 players on the way there :) .

Yeah, I think it takes some getting used to.  As you probably know, you almost always arrive at your final destination at night.  Which part of Japan?

I flow in Narita Airport and then took a bus to Yokosuka. The arrived by plane in the afternoon and it was dark when I got to Yokosuka.

I fly to France from America a lot (and back!) and I just read or watch the movies. Flying is not as big of a deal as people make it out be. In fact, I was flying just yesterday. North Carolina to Kansas, because we might be moving here.