Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Worf's age

Recall the trial in Star Trek VI the Undiscovered Country. Remember the Klingon who was representing Kirk and McCoy? It seemed that he looked lie Worf. In the ending credits I saw the name Michael Dorn next to what I thought was worf could it be WORF???

If that were so it would make him ancient in the TNG movies.

I think it's simpler to assume it could have been an ancestor of Worf's, perhaps his grandfather. I was under the impression Worf was about the same age as Riker, maybe a little younger.

Edited by fenriz275

Recall the trial in Star Trek VI the Undiscovered Country. Remember the Klingon who was representing Kirk and McCoy? It seemed that he looked lie Worf. In the ending credits I saw the name Michael Dorn next to what I thought was worf could it be WORF???

If that were so it would make him ancient in the TNG movies.

It's not Worf.

But I think they said the name of that Klingon that Dorn played. I think it involved the name Mogh or something, putting him in Worf's ancestory.

try to find the script for the movie I guess

UH uuuh,no, it's Worf, I'm watching it right now. B) I'll check the credits too. :b-day:

I don't care how old he is anyway, Love is ageless B)

Edited by Jeanway

He was Worf's grandfather. His grandfather's name was Colonel Worf.

According to Star Trek.com Worf was born on Dec. 9, 2340. This would mean he would have been 39 in Star Trek Nemesis. December 9th is also Michael Dorn's birthday. The rest of the TNG characters have birthdays identical to the actors who played them.

Worf was raised from human parents, and they didn't look to be over a century old. At most they looked sixty.

I think it was an early attempt to have a character from one series appear in another series's movie: like Ethan Phillips in First Contact. Im sure Worf was named after his grandfather but! If Worf was found as a baby, how did his human parents know to name him 'Worf'? And if there was a way of scanning then shouldnt there have been a way of returning him to his family ie his brother, nanny, etc

We know he couldn't really be any older than Riker or Geordi, remember that he grew up with his human parents and they've been on the show looking non too old.

According to startrek.com, the Earth equivalent of Worf's date of birth is December 9, 2340. By comparison, Will Riker and Geordi La Forge have birth years of 2335 and Tash Yar is 2337. Even Deanna Troi's Earth equivalent birth year is 2336. Not including Wesley, Worf is the baby of the group.

Yes, I agree, Michael Dorn played the character of Col. Worf. He is the grandfather of Worf. Worf is younger than Riker, Troi, Yar and LaForge.

I think it was an early attempt to have a character from one series appear in another series's movie: like Ethan Phillips in First Contact.  Im sure Worf was named after his grandfather but! If Worf was found as a baby, how did his human parents know to name him 'Worf'? And if there was a way of scanning then shouldnt there have been a way of returning him to his family ie his brother, nanny, etc

219340[/snapback]

He wasn't found as a baby. He was 7 or 8 when they found him. In the TNG episode "Birthright, Part I," an older Klingon who knew Worf's father told Worf about a time that they had taken Worf on a hunt. Worf got overly eager and grabbed the prey with his bare hands and gotten mauled. I know Klingons are tough, but I don't think Klingon babies run around grabbing dangerous animals. Except maybe their pet targs.

I think it was an early attempt to have a character from one series appear in another series's movie: like Ethan Phillips in First Contact.  Im sure Worf was named after his grandfather but! If Worf was found as a baby, how did his human parents know to name him 'Worf'? And if there was a way of scanning then shouldnt there have been a way of returning him to his family ie his brother, nanny, etc

219340[/snapback]

He wasn't found as a baby. He was 7 or 8 when they found him. In the TNG episode "Birthright, Part I," an older Klingon who knew Worf's father told Worf about a time that they had taken Worf on a hunt. Worf got overly eager and grabbed the prey with his bare hands and gotten mauled. I know Klingons are tough, but I don't think Klingon babies run around grabbing dangerous animals. Except maybe their pet targs.

278882[/snapback]

And don't forget that Worf has a younger brother, Kurn, who was a baby at the time Worf and his parents went to Khitymer.

I recall reading that Michael Dorn would play the Klingon attorney that defended Kirk and McCoy, before "The Undiscovered Country" came out, and that he would be an ancestor of Worf's, somehow. I think, that was before it was discerned in TNG whether Worf was a family name or a given name however.

I thought we'd resolved this a long time ago. Michael Dorn played both characters. It was Worfs grandfather not a young Worf.

I thought we'd resolved this a long time ago. Michael Dorn played both characters. It was Worfs grandfather not a young Worf.

281232[/snapback]

Agreed.