Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

7days, Earth 2 And Other Short Lived Sieries

:devil: I have a tendency to start watching and lliking a series that ends up going off the air just a few months later!!! some like 7 days ( about a guy that goes back 7 days to change the events of the world thanks to roswell technology) stoped right in the middle with out any ending!!!

anyone else have that happen to them?

Well, TOS was cancelled... but that was before I was born, and that happened to most sci-fi shows of the time.

But, in terms of recent shows....

ROSWELL

They got 4 episodes to wrap up the show though... after 2 cancellations and 2 fan campaigns to bring it back, they figured it was toast this time, so they wrapped the main story arc up in 4 episodes. Lucky me! :laugh:

I think I am doomed to have anything I like get cancelled in the first season. But fortunately networks are getting better about giving closure. I thought seven days had a final episode - maybe I'm wrong. J LaPaglia is on The District now

One of my all-time favorite shows was Due South about the Mountie that got posted at the Canadian Consulate in Chicago. The show was creative, had very clever humor and the two actors were terrific so it was cancelled; and brought back and cancelled again and produced in Canada for a year which we didn't get here until reruns.

I decided then that network people were crazy and vowed never to watch CBS again. I got over that part because I like CSI - But I'm still mad they cancelled Due South.

Sea Quest, I loved that show, but after each season they changed it so much, it started as a very realistic view of the future, the first season takes place in 2018, but between season 1-3 it went from that to battling aliens on some far distant planet in 2032, it's a submarine not a space ship. It had so much promise, now it's gone and forgotten, I also miss Earth 2, Dark Skies and so many others that had they not been on nework TV could have really been big.

I was really disappointed when they cancelled Police Squad (the series that started the Naked Gun movies but was much funnier). Recently I can think of any series that I really liked that were cancelled.

I have to tell you I was pissed when Fox pulled the show "Firefly" before giving it a chance.I thought this was a great Sci-Fi show with some great characters. They had something for eveyone, The preacher (Ron Glass was the actor you might remember from "Barney Miller".) The prostatute or companion as she liked to be called, A doctor and his sister who seems crazy but is actually a Genius, A cute young girl named Kallie that is the chief engineer of the ship Serinity, The big dumb warrior named Jayne who likes to shoot things. The hot first mate who is married to the knucklehead pilot who likes playing with his dinosaur toys. And the Captain who holds all this together while trying to make a living transporting goods (Legal and Illegal) to whomever pays him.

They cancelled the show with only 3 more episodes to go,episodes they already had finished! I have heard that possibly this december the entire "Firefly" season with the un-aired episodes will be released on DVD,I for one will buy them!

I watched a couple of episodes of Firefly, but couldn't really get into it, again a show that would have worked on Cabe. I thought I heard it might be on cable, but I maybe wrong.

I have had a lot of show that I loved canceled. Earth 2, Seaquest, 7 days, Birds of Prey. And alot of shows that I love that are only on in the wee hours of the morning like Mutant X, Earth Final Conflict (which I think is only reruns, but I missed them the first time) and The outer limits.

ok so not that it matters to most but I am SOOOOOOOOOO Happy

as I have stated in my post I miss 7 days right. well I missed the closing eps because of the terrotists etc...... so I was clicking around channels on tv and came across 7 Days!!!! yep its on tnn the greatest thing for me is that they are showing the eps that I misses

( oh I am so happy!! ) :( :innocent: :)

does anyone remeber the show war of the worlds set in the 90's it was the best and they dont play it on reruns anywhere...

I really liked " The Lone Gunmen" and "Now and Again", both cancelled after their first series. It would seem if i like something it is the kiss of death to them, except ST of course.

I really liked " The Lone Gunmen" ......

I forgot about that show, I really liked it, it was more like my favourite episodes of X Files the ones that were silly not the same monster of the week/alien conspiracy aspects. I hope that in some way, somewhere that show comes back.

I really liked " The Lone Gunmen" ......

I forgot about that show, I really liked it, it was more like my favourite episodes of X Files the ones that were silly not the same monster of the week/alien conspiracy aspects. I hope that in some way, somewhere that show comes back.

No chance. There was an episode of The X Files from the final season. It brought back The Lone Gunmen, the goofy guy, and the Agent Woman, can't remember their names. Anyway, the story arc from The Long Gunmen season finale was concluded in this episode. One thing I didn't like about it though.

Click for Spoiler:

All 3 of them died in the end! :laugh::laugh:

I got the biggest kick out of watching the Chronicle - so stupid it was funny. I also enjoyed The Invisible Man - that show was very clever most of the time. I also loved a short lived show called Harts of the West with Beau Bridges a few years ago. I liked The Lone Gunmen too

Of course may all time favorite was Due South. It was very clever but you had to know something to understand the humor which is probably why it didn't do well in the US - like the irony of the Mountie explaining to the Chicago cop what the colors of the American flag stand for. I loved that show.

CJLP - it was Jimmy Bond and Eva Dale Harlow