I read it a lot growing up, it was one thing my mom and I could share together (I know, go figure huh?) and we both would have a blast! Since it began advertising, :laugh: I have not given it a second glance.

I read it all the time when I was a kid too. I guess as I got older I grew out of it although I still recall some of the great things they had in there. I remember when they did a spoof on The Partridge Family (I was young and really into it) called The Putrid Family and my brother teased me forever with that until Mad did a music spoof including Grand Funk Railroad which he liked. They called them Grand Fink Railroad. Oh those were the days. Just don't get me started on the walking to school uphill both ways in 6 feet of snow in July stories now. :laugh:

Mad magazine was part of my personal required reading during my junior high and high school days. It's what gave me a greater appreciation of Monty Python when I discoved them in college. I loved the tv series parodies they did. Mad did a Star Trek Parody in one of their 1967 issues. I had it at one time, how I wish it had it still. Anyone have a copy yet?

I use to read it alot when I was younger,and I believe I remember the Star Trek paraody (I was 11 years old then).I haven't read to many in the past few years,but now I have thid desire to go out and buy a copy! :laugh:

I, too, am a fan of Mad magazine and I remember the Star Trek parody..Star Bleeccch I think they called it. I still remember a line from that parody..after Kirk, Spock, and McCoy beam down to the planet and Kirk arrives a mangled mess. McCoy asks Kirk if he's all right and his reply is, "I think so, but I keep getting this overwhelming feeling that my face wants to sit down." I loved it!!!

I'm not into it but my friend is and he showed me a new parody on trek: 'endless-prize'.

it was stupid. total stupid opinions on enterprise. im mad at mad. lol.

I loved reading mad I have not read any for a long time but somewhere I have the copy that had all of the tos movies in it and I think some of the original show I will have to dig it out and read it sometime. :dude:

Stardate:213660.9

I love MAD magazine but i hate the show.I think the show is stupid.I have like 30 copies of the magazine in a box somewere.My favorite thing about MAD is the Spy vs Spy

Edited by geranimo