Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

ORGANIZATION

After a long winter inside, I have collected alot of new ' stuff '. Now I have to find a place to put it all. My music ' stuff ' is a mess. But I don't really want to get rid of anything. I've gone through my tapes, CD's a vinlye, vynel, oh Crud, you know those big , black flat things. I collect turntables and also those things. :( The tapes are from 10 years ago and the CD's, well,don't ask. Anyone got any good organizing ideas, HELP. Everything is just a big mess here. after that my, books :)

I really can't help you, my music collection is in complete disarray and don't get me started on my dvds. It's a complete mess here. :(

I'm probably not much help either. I have three booshelves of CD's, 7 bookshelves of books and a storage rack of records downstairs.

My main problem is that I think the books are multiplying. They've overrun the bookshelves and made their way onto any flat surface available... not to mention the closets, the floor in my computer room, etc, etc. I wonder if books and Tribbles are related somehow.... :flex:

I do a very general alphabetical arrangement with my CD's... A's together and so on. That way I at least have a general idea of which rack they're on. Then I keep burned copies in my car so they don't get stolen, or more likely, all migrate off the racks to join their friends in the car. I have every CD I own saved onto my PC, so I rarely need to pull out an original for any reason.

The books, when not overrunning the shelves, are arranged by book type (pb, hb) and by author. I keep my favorite authors at eye level, then the rest are arranged haphazardly by genre.

Best of luck with your organizing!

All my stuff is a mess. We're having an addition done on our house (going up a story, and making the living room bigger), so everything that was in the attic (which was a LOT of stuff) and the living room is piled in various place around the house. Add that to the dust from the sheet rock. ACK!

If you don't want to get rid of anything then the only advice I have is to buy the most space efficient set of shelves you can find. Usually this means something tall. I hate shelves that are only four feet tall - half the wall space is wasted. And get one made for media so you get the most storage for volume. Then choose a system, alphabetical or genre etc. and start lining you shelves.

Personally, after having made several moves across several states I try to get rid of whatever I can.

Don't take that to mean I've got everything organized :flex:

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

My room is trash along with the rest of the house it is so disorganized!!!!